RC Competitor

Handling issues? Here is some tips or advice

Hey guys just to let you know that the Teton seems to get loose on the rear vs the prerunner even if you use prerunner wheels too. Well the big issue or difference between the 2 trucks is the type of wheels they have, chassis length is shorter on the Teton and rally vs the long chassis of the prerunner. But that's not the issue with the Teton sliding in the rear on corners. This is the most simple parts swap that will change the way your teton corners. The rear pivot balls on the rear bearing carriers can be changed out to the long pivot balls. That Lil change in parts will dramatically change the handling and tracking with the rear end when you start to get body roll.
    Hope this helps you out. I have 1 teton 3 prerunners and 1 associated rc18t and they all get used on clay off road tracks

RC poster
    Do you have a part #?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike View Post
    Hey guys just to let you know that the Teton seems to get loose on the rear vs the prerunner even if you use prerunner wheels too. Well the big issue or difference between the 2 trucks is the type of wheels they have, chassis length is shorter on the Teton and rally vs the long chassis of the prerunner. But that's not the issue with the Teton sliding in the rear on corners. This is the most simple parts swap that will change the way your teton corners. The rear pivot balls on the rear bearing carriers can be changed out to the long pivot balls. That Lil change in parts will dramatically change the handling and tracking with the rear end when you start to get body roll.
    Hope this helps you out. I have 1 teton 3 prerunners and 1 associated rc18t and they all get used on clay off road tracks
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I noticed that the rear suspension on the Prerunner has those extended balls. I wonder if the front suspension would benefit from them too. Currently the rear suspension gets negative camber when the vehicle rolls, but the front doesn't, so the more you steer the less front traction you have

RC Enthusiast
    Here's a couple pics of the different parts. Tall one is the SST, short one is the Teton.

RC Enthusiast
    Well apparently my images got removed. Not sure what happened there. Let's try this again.

..... nevermind it's just my work computer browser settings.
    Last edited by WaterfordMan; 09-06-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: adding images

RC Enthusiast
    The Latrax part number is 7540X for the pack of pivot balls for the SST. $6.50

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterfordMan View Post
    The Latrax part number is 7540X for the pack of pivot balls for the SST. $6.50
    Thanks for the part number.

Those balls are longer than the teton ones?
    Is that what your saying?

RC poster
    Correct. The SST balls have about a 2 mm spacer on them. I added them to the rear of my brushless Teton. It did change the handling. Another couple of tips would be to lower the truck to where the a arms are nearly flat. I did this using the Traxxas GTR shocks with minimal preload to them. They have 35 wt oil in mine. Last but not least, adding larger wheel and tire combo helped the handling as well. I found these on Amazon and they really work. You need to glue them first, especially if you run brushless. Link: 4PCS High Performance RC Rally Car Grain Rubber tires and Wheels for 1:10 RC On Road Car Traxxas Tamiya HSP HPI Kyosho https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JX8MZZ..._wWFpCbYGHD6YR

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by crashoverrride View Post
    Correct. The SST balls have about a 2 mm spacer on them. I added them to the rear of my brushless Teton. It did change the handling. Another couple of tips would be to lower the truck to where the a arms are nearly flat. I did this using the Traxxas GTR shocks with minimal preload to them. They have 35 wt oil in mine. Last but not least, adding larger wheel and tire combo helped the handling as well. I found these on Amazon and they really work. You need to glue them first, especially if you run brushless. Link: 4PCS High Performance RC Rally Car Grain Rubber tires and Wheels for 1:10 RC On Road Car Traxxas Tamiya HSP HPI Kyosho https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JX8MZZ..._wWFpCbYGHD6YR
    Awesome thanks!

Did you have to replace a lot of the drive train when you went brushless?