RC poster

TRX4 proline Rubicon

Just finished painting my Proline Jeep body for the TRX4. I removed the rock sliders from the side and rear bumper. Currently running PL 1.9 beadlocks with PL Hyrax tires (one photo has the stock trx4 wheels, others include the PL). Everything was done with masking tape and an exact-o knife. Along the fender flares and roof line i traced the protective film with the exacto and peeled off above those areas and coated it with tamiya's flat clear (ps-55) to create a more scale appearance vs the shiny lexan. let me know what you all think!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That looks awesome!!! How many RC bodies have you painted?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Dude! This is great work. Impressive.

RC Qualifier
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Looks really good man. I havo one of those bodys on the way to me. I doubt my paint turns out as good as your though.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC poster
    Thanks, that means a lot! In total i think I've only painted 5 or so but have some (not much by any means) experience in painting, I've done a few game consoles, my motorcycle helmets and other little custom type projects. I was super happy at how this came out, it was my first time doing anything like this but what i did that helped tremendously was searched images i wanted to use, mirrored them and printed to size then taped them on the outside. I used the tan color automotive making tape and did my best to follow the pattern.

Check out "hemistorm" on YouTube, i got the idea from him on mirroring the image and applying it.

As far as the body you're going to be painting, just take your time. Have a plan set before hand but don't be afraid to change and get creative as you go. Don't try doing too much either, it gets crowded and complicated. I found it pretty difficult to trace with the exact-o compared to a pen but light pressure is your friend. It doesn't take much to go through tape with a new blade. That was my mistake at first, too much pressure. Anyways..... be sure to post up the pics of your finished product.
    Last edited by SnottyPinapples; 03-07-2018 at 09:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Great looking jeep, I'm doing good to paint basics. It's good to see you can still learn things from YouTube, lol. Wish I could i could paint that good.

RC Racer
    I hope you dont mind but im considering trying to mimic the way you did your door handles and hinges. I have done a couple bodys but never got that detailed. Not sure if im gonna try to get as crazy as the moutain scene but gonna try to challenge myself a bit and see how it goes.

On another note, how easy do you think it would be to put some lights in that body. And are you planning on putting any in yours. If you do would like to see how you do it.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Qualifier
    Very nice work! painting from the inside is really tricky as you have to think backwards.

Great job!
    Slash VXL, Stampede VXL, 4tec VXL ,Bandit VXL

RC poster
    Very Impressive!! Love the details. Tempted to pick one up and experiment a little.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitBasher90 View Post
    I hope you dont mind but im considering trying to mimic the way you did your door handles and hinges. I have done a couple bodys but never got that detailed. Not sure if im gonna try to get as crazy as the moutain scene but gonna try to challenge myself a bit and see how it goes.

On another note, how easy do you think it would be to put some lights in that body. And are you planning on putting any in yours. If you do would like to see how you do it.
    Of course not, if anything I'm grateful. For the lights, what i was thinking was just keep the lexan clear over the lights, but foo a silver or chrome outline of the round light. Find some light bucket that would fit, even if not for the jeep and use tiny silver/chrome screws to attach them following the round pattern along the silver outline. The only other way would be attaching through the body which wouldn't look as scale. I have a second jeep body I'm hobby to be starting tomorrow and that is my plan for it. With this one, i painted the lights and thought about it after. I don't know if it is the best route but it's all i could really think of being there is nothing else to really use. I've been looking online for different things to use without much luck so far.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Joe View Post
    Very nice work! painting from the inside is really tricky as you have to think backwards.

Great job!
    Thank you, yeah i agree..... going from what I'm accustomed to, it definitely is different and pre-planning is a must.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Great looking jeep, I'm doing good to paint basics. It's good to see you can still learn things from YouTube, lol. Wish I could i could paint that good.
    The biggest thing is not being afraid to try, and don't think of it as impossible. The biggest bit is in your own mind! If something doesn't come out how you want, then you know for next time.

RC poster
    This thing looks amazing! I’m new to this, and I want to build a Jeep to fit my TRX-4 Bronco, that will look like my real crawler Jeep. Did you have to modify the chassis any? If so, what modifications had to be done?

RC Competitor
    It looks awesome, except for the ragged body post holes. Did you drill them with a torch? ;-)

You either need a body reamer or a drill bit, and properly back it up with a piece of wood.
    -Jeremy
    TRX-4|BL Summit|St4mpede|Aton|Maxx|Slash

Dang! That's a really nice looking paint job. Makes me want to pick up that Proline Raptor body I've been wanting.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Enthusiast
    Does the Rubicon body use the same body post heights as the defender?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SnottyPinapples View Post
    Just finished painting my Proline Jeep body for the TRX4. I removed the rock sliders from the side and rear bumper. Currently running PL 1.9 beadlocks with PL Hyrax tires (one photo has the stock trx4 wheels, others include the PL). Everything was done with masking tape and an exact-o knife. Along the fender flares and roof line i traced the protective film with the exacto and peeled off above those areas and coated it with tamiya's flat clear (ps-55) to create a more scale appearance vs the shiny lexan. let me know what you all think!

Really nice, mate