Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Does anyone see any "weaknesses" in the new E Revo 2.0?

I own 2 Stampedes and a Rustler and I have been busy planning and upgrading to make these trucks stronger and stouter.

From what I have seen of the videos of the new E-Revo 2.0 it looks really well designed and made. The only thing I could see doing off the hop would be some sort of more prominent front bumper. Even the tires look like they will grip and wear well.

Using so many XMaxx design and parts elements should really help longevity; especially since this will run on 6S. The ESC should be able to handle this well since it works on 8S in the X Maxx. Of course many will never be satisfied with stock so will upgrade the motor and ESC right away but in terms of the bearings, diffs, axles, carriers, driveshafts, shocks etc it seems like this truck should be able to handle a lot of bashing without breaking regularly.

Outside of Motor/ESC upgrades or the limitations of the battery compartments what criticisms or issues do you see getting addressed by the aftermarket? It seems to me that this truck is really well sorted out of the box and could take the abuse I would throw at it better than my Stampedes do.

RC Champion
    Right now, I think any aftermarket RC company is scratching their heads wondering what can be improved on the new ERevo. Other than just bling.
    send $10 at paypal.me/Ray1964

RC Racer
    All I can see are the plastic rocker arms on the suspension, other then that it looks rock solid.

It looks so good im timid to buy a slash 4x4 wondering if traxxas will make a slash v2 with the old revo diffs in it.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm sure RPM will make all of the arms etc in the various colours and they likely will be even stronger but when I get one the only reason I would probably go that way would be to bling the truck up more than anything. That bumper though... Gah! I could be wrong but that looks like a vulnerable point.

The exoskeleton on the body is an awesome idea. I think I would try to avoid using the self righting feature just to avoid putting unnecessary stress on the diffs.

I hope there will be some aftermarket bodies but that they will either interface with the factory body cage or develop their own which will work with the stock receivers.

It just seems like one heck of an RC for what they are charging. One of my Stampedes has way more money in it than Traxxas is charging for this and it is not as stout as this E Revo looks.

I was looking at an XMaxx at some point but I the E Revo is calling to me big time.

RC poster

Thumbs down Revo 2.0 weakness

Am I the only one with 2 blown steering servos with my new revo, not even 2 min into my first run at the local dunes and both steering servos stripped and app on further inspection 1 of the 2 servos has a fried moto, seems like the servo saver is too tight and that was the cause...

RC Competitor
    I guess so. I haven’t had any issues yet
    if my erevo was a transformer it would destroy urs

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMAN. View Post
    Am I the only one with 2 blown steering servos with my new revo, not even 2 min into my first run at the local dunes and both steering servos stripped and app on further inspection 1 of the 2 servos has a fried moto, seems like the servo saver is too tight and that was the cause...
    Those were a weak point on the old E Revo and I saw this soon to be a new issue as the 2.0 has larger wheels. Traxxas now makes a metal gears servo. I don't see why traxxas didn't include them in the new 2.0. #2072X = gears only or #2075X =servo.
    Last edited by Forrest; 03-11-2018 at 01:46 AM.

I think for the price point there had to be some sacrifice. Servos was one, while the ones in my v1 Revo lasted quite some time one did finally give up the ghost. Honestly I've put this thing through it's paces, holding nothing back, and it keeps coming back for more! This thing flew off a jump at the track and caught a pillar with the front right tire, damage... A battery came unplugged. Not broken wires just unplugged. The steering trim didn't even need to be adjusted! I think it's up for the task of bringing the E-Revo back into the ultimate bashers game. I posted a video in my thread almost 20min long thrashing this thing. And it will address your bumper concerns as well. Have a look and see if you agree.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
    It just seems like one heck of an RC for what they are charging. One of my Stampedes has way more money in it than Traxxas is charging for this and it is not as stout as this E Revo looks.
    This is exactly what has me strongly considering the New E-Revo, and sidelining my Rustler 4x4 VXL project for a later date (using a Stampede 4x4 chassis w/Rustler body, wheels & tires basically). I also have a fresh pair of Traxxas 3s 5000's...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
    I was looking at an XMaxx at some point but I the E Revo is calling to me big time.
    Same here.

RC Racer
    Yeah, I saw your post on the broken parts thread. I'm hoping Traxxas will upgrade the EREVO and put the metal gear servos in and adjust the price a bit.

Otherwise that would be a future upgrade to consider.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going through my Revo right now before the initial run. I had to snug up just about every bolt. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would rather have to do that then have any stripped out holes from the factory . Remember these are built on a assembly line, not by one individual. I think. My steering sevo's needed a little aligning also. I had to do the same thing to my 1.0 Revo.

RC poster
    There seems to be a qc. Problem with mine. Loose screws etc. The spur gear stripped within a minute of getting it out of the box. I'm not sure the pre mesh holes are correct. The pinion gear was also loose. I replaced the spur gear and took it out for another run. It ran like a champ but upon powering it down I discovered the back of the motor had lifted up. There is only one screw mounting the motor to the plate which I thought was odd while changing the spur gear l. After all that being said I did have to cut the zip the holding the wires down to the motor which also would have held the back of the motor down. I just feel it should have more than one screw to mount this beast of a motor and not rely on a zip tie.

RC poster
    Both of mine went out on the second set of batteries. Got new ones on the way from Traxxas.

RC Champion
    No blling for me I'm not into wasting my money too much. But time will show weaknesses, I'll be upgrading the bearings once they start failing.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Nope, 1 of my servos completely died after 45mins (or less, not sure) of use. I don't blame the servo saver in my situation. The gears didn't strip as I didn't hit anything, the servo is just dead. Disconnected the linkage and when you swing it arm, it moves as if it isn't getting power. Fiddled with with wire and connector at the receiver, no change.

I wish I could have got the thing without servos for $40 less, then just put that money to decent ones.

Yup, pretty sure I lost a servo over the weekend too. Haven't looked into it yet but at the end of the run those big tires didn't want to turn while it was standing still. Still, I'll take a servo problem over diffs and axles. Servo you fix once, diffs and axles... Well we all know about that.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmurabito View Post
    There is only one screw mounting the motor to the plate which I thought was odd while changing the spur gear l. After all that being said I did have to cut the zip the holding the wires down to the motor which also would have held the back of the motor down. I just feel it should have more than one screw to mount this beast of a motor and not rely on a zip tie.
    There are two screws that hold the motor to the motor mount. A single screw holds the motor mount to the motor plate, but it also sits on a large hinge pin which holds it in place. If you used a second screw, it would need to be accessible which would raise the motor higher and also the center of gravity. Keep in mind I'm not an engineer, but that's what makes sense to me.

This amount of servos dying so fast kind of sucks. At this point it almost seems like anyone who gets these is gonna have two dead servos within a day or two.

Just to clarify, for the people that have had them fail. It is the motors dying right? As in not the gears stripping out, but the motors just dying. So getting the metal gear upgrade won’t do you much good with a dead motor.

RC poster
    (please delete, double post)
    Last edited by 7777; 03-13-2018 at 02:26 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Yup, pretty sure I lost a servo over the weekend too. Haven't looked into it yet but at the end of the run those big tires didn't want to turn while it was standing still. Still, I'll take a servo problem over diffs and axles. Servo you fix once, diffs and axles... Well we all know about that.
    Sounds the same here sir. While driving it was very sluggish, standing still it can't turn the tires on 1 stock servo. That's when I investigated by disconnecting the linkage and sure enough, one was dead. Didn't take apart the servo to further diagnose. I thought I paid for a quality car so I wouldn't have to do diagnostics on it. (that's what I get paid for at my full time job)

Other than that I do love this car. Really wish I could just mail both servos back to traxxas, get $40 or $50 back and put my own in there. What do you think the odds are for that deal going through LOL

RC Champion
    The only huge problem I see looking at the new ERevo is that I don't have one. And my kid doesn't have one either so that's TWO huge problems.
    send $10 at paypal.me/Ray1964

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrash View Post
    The only huge problem I see looking at the new ERevo is that I don't have one. And my kid doesn't have one either so that's TWO huge problems.
    I agree with this mindset! People are starting to freak out, these are issues (servo) most of us have known for some time. Add bigger tires and these 2075 servos can't cut it. I'll accept this for one reason, ready here it is......
    I paid less out the door for this Revo than I did two years ago for my first Revo!
    Add in the massive drive line improvements and one $100 servo to replace the two I still think I've come out on top.

I've had to upgrade my servo, driveshafts and tires on my first E-Revo, and this was to run 4s! I'm extremely happy with my v2.0 Revo, regardless of servos

RC Competitor
    I never owned an e-revo but I like it. I just wish Traxxas would have installed the stronger metal steering servos. The truck is one of the top truck Traxxas makes.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by davis1979 View Post
    I never owned an e-revo but I like it. I just wish Traxxas would have installed the stronger metal steering servos. The truck is one of the top truck Traxxas makes.
    Hopefully Traxxas is monitoring the forums and tracking their warranty claims. A 2075 servo on a Rustler or Stampede 4x4 VXL is one thing. On this beast on an RC even a pair of these thing is just not enough. I hope they address it and use different servos and if they have to tweak the MSRP then so be it.

Just tripping around the web and ran across the power hd DW-25lv servo. 100% waterproof and right around 350 oz/in of torque .11sec @ 6.0v. 60 to 70 dollar range, doesn't look too shabby. I might just have my LHS order it for me today.

RC poster
    Delete double post
    Last edited by Dmurabito; 03-13-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Delete

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    There are two screws that hold the motor to the motor mount. A single screw holds the motor mount to the motor plate, but it also sits on a large hinge pin which holds it in place. If you used a second screw, it would need to be accessible which would raise the motor higher and also the center of gravity. Keep in mind I'm not an engineer, but that's what makes sense to me.
    I was wrong on which screw it was my first assumption was it was the screw that connects the motor mount to the plate. After tearing into it it was loose screws connecting the motor to the motor mount. Locktite and all is well! Except for some busted shocks, but the bugs will work out!

RC Competitor
    Yeah , you would think that Traxxas would read these forums. The new e-revo 2.0 has bigger tires on it so why not upgrade the steering servo's or just put in a stronger metal geared 1 servo , especialy being such a high powered basher. Oh well , it is what it is and people are still going to buy it. I can't believe the price on it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seen that the truck is only around $600?

RC Competitor
    No issues at all for me, while I only have a run and a half on it, I did have it tumble, flip and smack a few things and it took in in stride. My runs were on 4s.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by davis1979 View Post
    Yeah , you would think that Traxxas would read these forums. The new e-revo 2.0 has bigger tires on it so why not upgrade the steering servo's or just put in a stronger metal geared 1 servo , especialy being such a high powered basher. Oh well , it is what it is and people are still going to buy it. I can't believe the price on it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seen that the truck is only around $600?
    550 everywhere but traxxas, traxxas.com usually 50$ more.

hobbytown has them for 549.95 (brick and mortar shop, their online didn't have them yet)
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Enthusiast
    I've ran mine a few times and had it jump some direct curbs that obliterated my other trucks A arm. So far only the connecters have come loose and that's ok with me. Havent detected any servo issues or anything so. So far I am Happy.

Out of the two trucks I got his one is the one is still running after being taking to a skate park.

RC poster
    Same here only lasted the second set of batteries and both my steering servos 2075 fried. Didn’t hit anything, didn’t do a jump was just going in a straight line and all of a sudden no steering.

RC poster
    Both servos in first day here too, may have been 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I think for the price point there had to be some sacrifice. Servos was one, while the ones in my v1 Revo lasted quite some time one did finally give up the ghost. Honestly I've put this thing through it's paces, holding nothing back, and it keeps coming back for more! This thing flew off a jump at the track and caught a pillar with the front right tire, damage... A battery came unplugged. Not broken wires just unplugged. The steering trim didn't even need to be adjusted! I think it's up for the task of bringing the E-Revo back into the ultimate bashers game. I posted a video in my thread almost 20min long thrashing this thing. And it will address your bumper concerns as well. Have a look and see if you agree.

Servos are cheaper than esc’s, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    Servos are cheaper than escís, lol.
    I'll agree! I really hope the ESC issues are isolated to a few of us, this truck is so fun being able to be driven how it was designed to be driven.

it's alright son, I'll fix it

RC Qualifier
    There is absolutely no right for Traxxas to be using these pathetic servos and plastic centres in 2018, especially on such an expensive truck. Twin servos never worked in 2008, why they insist on it still is silly.

I dont have alot of faith in the stock ESC, would prefer a Max 8, but it hasnt failed yet.

RC Qualifier
    I dont think i would consider $550 usd for this truck expensive. When the first brushless erevo came out in 2009 it went for about $650-$700 which if you adjust for inflation is equal to about $800 today.

Yeah they had a bad batch of servos but these are seriously some tough trucks. 10-15 years ago when I first got into the hobby people would spend thousands on aftermarket parts and they still weren't this tough.

RC poster
    Hi there, today i left with two fried servos....3rd set of batteries...run on 3 cell genuine Traxxas lipos.
    I just hope it is last problem.And yes we in Europe pay for a car 1.100$....

RC Competitor
    No issues for me and I got mine almost first day they were available. I probably haven't ran it as much as some of you here.I have aprox 6 packs through it and only thing I broke was a shock end stripped off, and I have jumped it, flipped it, backflipped it off trees and chainlink fences , hit a few things, cartwheeled it, and it comes back for more. Will something probably break, yup eventually I'm sure, but that's how it goes. This truck is light years better than the original, and to think I was going to buy a Armma. glad I bought the Revo instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast