Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Also, add the rear center axle to the list! Just snapped it today, on 4s to boot. I mentioned that this motor I'm running will test this trucks durability
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atomos319 View Post
    Well, I just broke an "all new" part, cannot find it anywhere. It is one of the rear tie rod ends. It happened after a cartwheel.

Part number is TRA8646 - can any one help me find one I can buy?

Also: I know the tires are on backwards!! I did that, not traxxas.
    Oh man this sucks. Yes I read that performing cartwheels with these new 2.0's could lead to damage to the vehicle. I would suggest not performing cartwheels until there is better parts availability. Or if you must, buy one or two spare 2.0's and use them for parts, then when parts become more readily available, you can have a couple extra for your friends to drive when they come over and than you could have some serious fun with some demo derby races.

RC Competitor
    FWIW, I talked to traxxas today and they want me to send them pictures of my tires and they "might" replace them. Also parts are starting to show up on their website (not sure if it's only parts that work with 1.0 & 2.0). CS said all parts should be on website by end of week.

I'm thinking Shockwave or Trencher X, any suggestions? I'm not concerned they are only pre-mounted as I need another set of wheels anway. Plus I'm going to get another set of the Talon EXT's either with warranty or purchase.

RC poster
    I got one replacement tire warrantied, waiting to hear back about my esc
    Always broken

RC Enthusiast
    Good luck on the esc. I called about mine acting up and they told me I had to send it in. Ive owned this thing for 7 days.
    At the time it simply would take too many throttle inputs to get going forward. Went to bash at a locals site Both Servo's died on me and the ESC would not go into reverse. Luckily the local hobby shop is looking after me. They will report in tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Too bad to hear about the tires and esc. Hopefully Traxxas can figure out a way to improve these components.

Isn't the ESC an enhanced version of what was in the 6S XMAXX? If so I figured it would be able to handle the loads of the smaller and lighter EREVO.1

Tires are not the end of the road to me since there are lots of great aftermarket options out there (although the stock wheels and tires look awesome).

I hope the servo issues are either bad manufacturing or Traxxas will upgrade the units at some point.

I still thing this seems to be my next RC and is generally well sorted. Just kind of disappointed to hear about all these servo and ESC issues.

RC Racer
    I don’t think it’s necessarily that the esc can’t handle the load, it’s that some of them are just faulty.

I’m still getting one but yeah the amount of failures of servos and esc’s already is pretty discouraging. At this point when I get mine I pretty much expect the servos and esc to die within a few days and if they don’t then I’ll be happy.

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully Traxxas can figure out a way to improve these components.
    that will heavily depend on the evaluation of trx if it is really an issue or not. just from reading this forum here you can not judge at all if there is an issue or not. they have most probably shipped out thousands of e revos 2.0 and here we read about a handful of people having some problems. so we just don't know what is going on objectively.

I'm thinking Shockwave or Trencher X, any suggestions?
    recall that those two tires are very different. the lightweight shockwaves are around 500g less rotating mass for the whole car. such a difference has a big impact on the stress they put on the driveline.
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 03-20-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    The e-revo 2.0 is not a state of the art truck, a few things makes me dissapointed and draws down the grade alot, such as those bad old plastic 2075, problematic ESC, stripped and broken rod ends, plastic center shafts, and tires that may not handle 6s entierly. Does this think really hold up to 6s bashing and jumping, what I have seen so far it doesn't because some of the components are just cheap or designed wrong.
    Can you maybe elaborate on the “designed wrong” portion of your statement as it appears as if you have engineering background? I have to agree with bad servos and esc, but the new Revo platform itself is super stout. Pulled rod-ends or busted tires is just part of the game. Just because someone runs his new rc into a light pole, strips a rod-end and pretends like it just magically fell out in order to get free replacements parts through warranty or something is not necessarily a testimony to the quality of the Revo. My above statement about the light pole is just a general hypothesis, not aimed at anyone who broke something on their new Revo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his double-digit count of repetitive complaint posts have elaborated more than enough. ttThree seems enamored by another manufacturer. Perhaps it is time for him to post on their forum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMAN. View Post
    As the title says list your broken parts on your revo 2.0 let's find it's weak points. I've owned a 2.0 for 4 days first day in the local dunes and didn't even make it out of the parking lot. First 4ft jump killed both steering servos both have stripped gears and 1 Is completely dead, seems that the servo saver was to blame as I could not get it to actuate with my fingers and have taken it apart and cleaned the sharp edges from the steering arm with the cam profile. Seems to work now but that doesn't help the fact that the damage is already done.curious to see if anyone else has had this problem
    This was my first mod on my UDR - new steering servo. I don't know how the erevo needs two, but the UDR needs one servo. Makes no sense.

RC Enthusiast
    Guys, which servos do you recommend buying for replace? Also, how do I know which LiPo 3S fits the slots in the ERBE 2.0? I mean, Traxxas sell 5000mAh and recommend them for 70mph+, but can I know what size fit in the slots? 6000mAh? 7000mAh?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ViTosS View Post
    Guys, which servos do you recommend buying for replace? Also, how do I know which LiPo 3S fits the slots in the ERBE 2.0? I mean, Traxxas sell 5000mAh and recommend them for 70mph+, but can I know what size fit in the slots? 6000mAh? 7000mAh?

Thanks!
    L x W x H

Battery Compartment:
    156mm x 50mm x 29mm

I read you can squeeze a 30mm height in there, that's going to be the tight spot.

I'm not sure on the servos. I'm going back with the 2075 at the moment because Traxxas is sending me a warranty replacement. I'm sure someone else will have an opinion.

RC Racer

Thanks!
    I really am not a professional by any means but by what I’ve seen on here, if I ever upgrade mine it will be a Savox. The hytec ones are nice but they are a good bit more expensive.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    And the grand prize..... Critical program error on the vxl-6s ESC. Did I win?
    5 runs on my new Revo and the ESC decided to crap the bed. Started with revers not responding then it completely stopped. all red lights flashing.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by catalano1979 View Post
    5 runs on my new Revo and the ESC decided to crap the bed. Started with revers not responding then it completely stopped. all red lights flashing.
    I dont think mine got to the point where it was throwing complete errors but It basically was getting stuck in one mod. Its at the shop right now....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    I dont think mine got to the point where it was throwing complete errors but It basically was getting stuck in one mod. Its at the shop right now....
    It is going to the shop today, hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Before the ESC went, that truck was a beast, easy to control, great speed, jumps very well.
    I was a little disappointed with the battery time but probably going to buy a second set.
    Only time will tell how well it will hold up, It has to be better than my Emaxx,,,, that thing would bust every time i took it out, so the Revo is a breath of fresh air.

Any recommendations for batteries? I am currently running Lectron Pro 3s 5200 Mah 3C.

Quote Originally Posted by catalano1979 View Post
    It is going to the shop today, hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Before the ESC went, that truck was a beast, easy to control, great speed, jumps very well.
    I was a little disappointed with the battery time but probably going to buy a second set.
    Only time will tell how well it will hold up, It has to be better than my Emaxx,,,, that thing would bust every time i took it out, so the Revo is a breath of fresh air.

Any recommendations for batteries? I am currently running Lectron Pro 3s 5200 Mah 3C.
    See the battery thread

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Good luck on the esc. I called about mine acting up and they told me I had to send it in. Ive owned this thing for 7 days.
    At the time it simply would take too many throttle inputs to get going forward. Went to bash at a locals site Both Servo's died on me and the ESC would not go into reverse. Luckily the local hobby shop is looking after me. They will report in tomorrow.
    Traxxas asked me to bring it in so they can run tests and replace the esc. I only live an hour from hq so no biggie.
    Always broken

RC Enthusiast
    Super lucky for you. Let me know how that goes. I talked to my local shop about replacing the ESC and servo's. They stated that that I should have 2 services if I don't wanna shell out for one big strong servo. Not sure that's truly the case.

They also said that the ESC should be fine but I'm also not sure that's the case. I only run 4s right now and to be honest I'm not sure ill be able to get 6s lipo batteries as they are a small fortune.

RC poster
    Both servos are dead. Also the esc seems to be turning itself off a lot. It’s not overheating, but it just stops.

RC poster
    Just to add its not just the E-Revo's 2075, my new VXL Rustler 2075 lasted about three or four packs and just quit on me. This is the newest style lower priced Rustler so not old stock.
    Traxxas support has a replacement coming after I gave them a call, currently using an old one out of my backup Slash 4x4 and its working perfect.

Love the E-Revo but Ill give it a little before we pick one up, my 8yr is a double back flip off stumps child We need a healthy supply of spares before purchasing one.

RC Competitor
    Do you guys typically get a notification from Traxxas when they ship warranty parts? They told me my new servo would ship Tuesday but I still haven't received any type of notification. Also nothing regarding them replacing my tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjriddle22 View Post
    Do you guys typically get a notification from Traxxas when they ship warranty parts? They told me my new servo would ship Tuesday but I still haven't received any type of notification. Also nothing regarding them replacing my tires.
    Never got a notification, it just magically showed up on my doorstep. Then I had to explain to my wife I didn't buy it, it was warranty. Very hard concept to explain.

RC Competitor
    Just got my Trencher X's. Man they are huuuuge. They make the Talon EXTs look tiny.

Only if my truck could steer, then I would try them out. Hoping for my servo today, but not sure.

I'm sure I'll break the 2075's with these tires anyways, then I'll go upgraded single servo.

RC poster
    So, I'm thinking Traxxas have put a pause on deliveries.

I ordered my ERevo2 from Amain on the 20th February, and originally it was meant to ship March 7. Then it was changed to March 22. Now, it's got NO release date and Amain haven't responded to why, or what's happening.

I'm glad they're trying to iron out any potential issues, but I would like to be kept informed!
    From Melbourne, Australia.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lsear2905 View Post
    So, I'm thinking Traxxas have put a pause on deliveries.

I ordered my ERevo2 from Amain on the 20th February, and originally it was meant to ship March 7. Then it was changed to March 22. Now, it's got NO release date and Amain haven't responded to why, or what's happening.

I'm glad they're trying to iron out any potential issues, but I would like to be kept informed!
    Have you called Traxxas to confirm this? I always heard they were trying to push traffic to the LHS first, before letting the online market take all the sales.

I sure hope if this is the case they would let all of us first batch people know.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjriddle22 View Post
    Have you called Traxxas to confirm this? I always heard they were trying to push traffic to the LHS first, before letting the online market take all the sales.

I sure hope if this is the case they would let all of us first batch people know.
    No, I'm in Australia, so I can't. Perhaps someone in this thread can call and find out?

RC poster
    **UPDATE**

I FINALLY got onto someone at AMain. Traxxas have advised them that deliveries now won't be until "late April," but haven't given them any reason why.

**UPDATE**

I FINALLY got onto someone at AMain. Traxxas have advised them that deliveries now won't be until "late April," but haven't given them any reason why.

ESC and servo issues. It has to have hurt them with how quickly they started dropping. Look back at the 6s X-Maxx!

it's alright son, I'll fix it

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    ESC and servo issues. It has to have hurt them with how quickly they started dropping. Look back at the 6s X-Maxx!
    By the look of it they're also having some pretty consistent problems with the rear shocks and the plastic chassis brace. Why would they strengthen diffs and driveshafts, and make the shocks weaker? Strange...

I intend on replacing the plastic chassis brace with TRA5632 anyway, but still, if I can avoid that it'd be better.

Checked my batteries after all my runs today and this ESC continues to run the battery on the left side down past a safe point. Took 2 cells down to 3.10. It only does it on the 3 cell batteries. The two cell batteries were cutting off at 3.40 on both sides. Very weird. I think I'm done running 6s until I get the ESC switched out. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    I really am not a professional by any means but by what I’ve seen on here, if I ever upgrade mine it will be a Savox. The hytec ones are nice but they are a good bit more expensive.
    This one?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1270tg/p187714

There are other options for Savox but I don't know which one is the best.

RC Qualifier
    I was really excited about this truck, planning to purchase as soon as I had some free cash, but now I'm thinking maybe that isn't a wise decision. Servos breaking after 2 runs is comical and its clearly not an isolated incident.

For a truck that has had many parts beefed up, there are far too many parts still breaking.

Why would they strengthen diffs and driveshafts, and make the shocks weaker? Strange...
    Actually, the shock caps are thicker where the ball end is and the shock rod ends are also thicker. What's odd, is if you look at the parts list, the part number refer to old/pre-2.0 revo parts. So, they either haven't updated the parts explosion yet, or they are just phasing out the previous weaker parts and replacing them with the new ones. If that's what they are doing, it kind of blows. Means when you order shock caps or shock ends, you have a 50/50 shot of getting the old ones instead of the new ones. Lord knows there are more then like a million previous shock caps/ballends on the shelves of every RC store.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    This one?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1270tg/p187714

There are other options for Savox but I don't know which one is the best.
    That one is a high voltage servo which will require an external bec.

There are a lot of options but if I were getting one right now it would be this one:
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1231sg/p234359

RC Qualifier
    no it does not "require" an external bec. it would just be more powerful on higher voltage.

btw i personally would rather look at the protek servos.

bye,
    rhylsadar
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    no it does not "require" an external bec. it would just be more powerful on higher voltage.

btw i personally would rather look at the protek servos.

bye,
    rhylsadar
    Yeah I know you can run any of them on lower voltage. I’m just saying to get what it says it’s rated at you’ll need an external bec because the torque rating is at 7.4 volts. I guess I shouldn’t have said “require” in my post, just that it’s recommended.

I have a savox 1210sg in another vehicle and I have my monster x bec set at 7.4v and it's fine. Plenty of power, no brown outs. I think the vxl6s is set at 6.0v. Don't quote me on that. Rhylsadar- do you own any protek servos? I was looking at the one that's like 650oz and it's 159.99$ I am a little nervous to pull the trigger on it because I haven't gotten any direct feedback on it, only here say.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post

There are a lot of options but if I were getting one right now it would be this one:
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1231sg/p234359
    I don't think that one is waterproof. Not sure if that is something you care about. Savox does sell waterproof servos as well though.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast