Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    I'm using the proline trencher x's (6.50 x 4.15) for what it's worth. Haven't went 6s on them yet. They were showing signs of ballooning on 4s (expected due to width and mass), but after I exploded the Talon EXTs on 6s, I'm taking it easy for now.

The trencher x's have excellent all around traction (steep inclines, concrete stairs, rock crawling).

I actually out performed a trx-4 and he was furious (ha!).

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TWICE THE PIPE View Post
    Couldnt find shockwaves at the hobby shop, so i picked up some PL badlands. They are half the width and dont have enough mass to self right, but are very stable and like to slide alittle more. I like them but diffenently not a straight replacement.
    This one?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline...87129?v=259996

Do I need to glue them or they already come glued? They seem very good and I like the description part ''This tire is perfect for the guys that like a nimble handling truck or are going for high-speed runs and donít want their tires turning into balloons or pizza cutters.'' Definitely going to look for these when I buy the E-Revo 2.0.

RC Enthusiast
    Broke left Shock rod end today. Replacments traxxas 5347 did not fit.

RC poster
    They were all out of shockwaves and the tires are pre glued and look nice
    Always broken

ViTosS- they come glued and ready to rock. They are awesome on there. I ran in mud and grass today. Could still pull wheelies in 2 inches of slop. Very happy with them.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I have not put the vxl system back in, I did however change the ESC from the mm2 to a hobby wing ezrun max8. So, the setup on the truck running the trenchers was, max8 ESC, blx2000kv (4075 motor) 15/50 gearing on 6s. I sent this thing flying too, I was surprised nothing broke. I have also replaced the rear brace with the Traxxas aluminum one off the old ERBE. Most times I've seen people with shock issues that plastic brace brakes as well. Maybe an aluminum rear brace is as big a necessity for this 2.0 as it is for the O.G. ERBE. Just my thoughts.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    What is a good ESC from Castle Creations to substitute the stock one in E-Revo 2.0? Also is it easy to substitute the ESC? Does it involve in soldering wires and stuff like that? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ViTosS View Post
    What is a good ESC from Castle Creations to substitute the stock one in E-Revo 2.0? Also is it easy to substitute the ESC? Does it involve in soldering wires and stuff like that? Thanks.
    Castle has a couple good options, the mm2(mamba monster 2, mamba monster x) and mmx would be my two choices. Some have not had issues with the stock esc. Maybe give it a try before you switch it out. It would be nice to see how it does with your 70mph gearing. Most aftermarket esc's (weird right) require you to provide and solder your connector of choice, in your case two connectors of choice. If your uncomfortable soldering, your local hobby shop can take care of it for a fee, unless you buy your new esc from them, then they should do it for free. I still vote you push the vxl6s first, mine never overheated on me, even with 6s, though I didn't push the gearing as you plan to do.
    Last edited by FnFancy; 04-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Hy all,
    I am from the Netherlands and recently started reading this forum, with joy I must say ! At home we have a skully with upgrades like a Vileneon motor etc and in February we ordered a Revo 2.0 via AMAIN in the USA. So we hope it will arrive soon!
    For start we have a question. Since the servo's seem not so good, can I simply replace the 2 traxxas 2075 with the power hd lw-20mg digital servo. It's 20kg, waterproof and not to expensive. Will they do the job ?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe211 View Post
    Yes you can, i run a single as do lots of guys with the e revo, makes things alot easier because you don't have to sync b4 you drive, personally I'd go with a little bit stronger (i run 444 oz in) but that servo will do the job 👍
    You mean, 1 power-hd servo would do? I was planning on buying 2

Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Broke left Shock rod end today. Replacments traxxas 5347 did not fit.
    That end is for the pushrod isn't it? 5462 is the shock ball end, which is the same part # as the old revo. That was one of those things that in the photo's has been upgraded to be thicker/stronger, but still has the same part #.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    So the Traxxas website is now saying "due late May" for the E-Revo VXL.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I think the delay is due to:
    Faulty servos,
    Rod-ends (and plastic rear brace), and
    Possible issues with the VXL6S ESC.

I'm going to cancel my pre-order, because we're coming into winter in the southern hemisphere so I think I'll probably just wait until August when these early issues are all sorted out. I do have an E-Revo sized hole in my heart though, because I'd already sold my old one!!
    From Melbourne, Australia.

RC poster
    My pre-order was cancelled on me yesterday. While I'm wanting to drive quite a ways to go see if a LHS has one in stock, I tend to agree with you and think it might be smarter to hold off and see if things are adjusted from the initial release - granted I've already purchased upgraded servos and spare shock ends knowing what others have faced. Oh well. Kinda bummed out as I've been watching this since it was show cased in Germany.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kcobbva View Post
    My pre-order was cancelled on me yesterday. While I'm wanting to drive quite a ways to go see if a LHS has one in stock, I tend to agree with you and think it might be smarter to hold off and see if things are adjusted from the initial release - granted I've already purchased upgraded servos and spare shock ends knowing what others have faced. Oh well. Kinda bummed out as I've been watching this since it was show cased in Germany.
    Who cancelled it on you? I cancelled my order with AMain.com last night.

I'd done a mental checklist of what to upgrade immediately - aluminium chassis brace from the V1, 2 digital metal geared servos (so far this was looking OK), then the shocks from the V1 (starting to get pricey) but the final straw was the issues with the ESC. I think (hope) Traxxas will go back to the TiNi shafts from the V1 (that I never broke once) and get the firmware sorted in the VXL6S.

In the meantime, this is me:

RC poster
    I know its only been a week, but ever since traxxas replaced the esc and motor i have not had a single break and even popped out a dog bone without breaking a shock end. I think they will get it sorted quickly.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003164724311
    Last edited by TWICE THE PIPE; 04-03-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    Always broken

RC Competitor
    Now I love traxxas as much as any one here but I wouldn't fool yourselves into thinking they are beefing up any new found weak spots, they aren't.

The original erbe was made of paper mache and they refused to accept anything was wrong, the damaged diffs and shafts were always user error and not down to cruddy plastics.

If there's a delay its down to production, not improvements.

The revo is an astonishing beast, I had the original erbe, it flew, sadly it took very little to damage or snap something so I ditched it for a truggy flux.

I want the new revo 2.0 and they have addressed many of the old faults, diffs, shafts, gears, everything that was user error coincidentally. I hope they got it right this time.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    Now I love traxxas as much as any one here but I wouldn't fool yourselves into thinking they are beefing up any new found weak spots, they aren't.

The original erbe was made of paper mache and they refused to accept anything was wrong, the damaged diffs and shafts were always user error and not down to cruddy plastics.
    I think it's in Traxxas' best interests to make sure that servos are lasting more than 1-2 packs, and the ESC isn't causing LiPos to explode because the LVD hasn't kicked in. These are definitely going to be addressed. The rod ends? I suspect they'll just go back to the V1 spec shocks. The chassis brace? I'll just buy the aluminium one from the V1.

I think Traxxas understand that there is increased competition out there now, hence the product onslaught of X-Maxx (which was very quickly updated, within 12 months), E-Revo VXL, UDR (Desert Racer) and even the TRX-4.

RC poster
    I've been driving my new E Revo really hard for the last few weeks. So far the ESC and servo's have been trouble free, but I've broken:

-Both rear shock rods and ends...causing one of the springs to bend pretty badly. When rebuilding them I went to 60 weight shock oil and went with the purple gtr springs all around (which traxxas cs said is the stiffest option).

-Front push rod

-Wing mount

-Front skid plate

Also, I bought the bluetooth module for the receiver and while it pairs with my iPhone/ipad immediately, it won't link to the Revo. After 2 calls with customer service, the only solution they could come up with is for me to ship the ESC, the Receiver and the bluetooth module back to them so they can do a hard update on all three and then will send them back. I'd rather not give up the chance to drive it for 2 weeks, but I can't think of anything else to try to fix that...any ideas?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoBuckeye View Post
    I've been driving my new E Revo really hard for the last few weeks. So far the ESC and servo's have been trouble free, but I've broken:

-Both rear shock rods and ends...causing one of the springs to bend pretty badly. When rebuilding them I went to 60 weight shock oil and went with the purple gtr springs all around (which traxxas cs said is the stiffest option).

-Front push rod

-Wing mount

-Front skid plate

Also, I bought the bluetooth module for the receiver and while it pairs with my iPhone/ipad immediately, it won't link to the Revo. After 2 calls with customer service, the only solution they could come up with is for me to ship the ESC, the Receiver and the bluetooth module back to them so they can do a hard update on all three and then will send them back. I'd rather not give up the chance to drive it for 2 weeks, but I can't think of anything else to try to fix that...any ideas?
    Front push-rod... did it bend from a bad landing or did you hit something?

Wing mount... the aluminium chassis brace should have stopped that.

Front skid plate... I used to burn through the rear skid plates on the V1 until I started using the little protectors from Tekno.

I've found the Traxxas Link receivers very hit and miss - it's definitely not your ESC. Have you tried using a different phone to hook up to it?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoBuckeye View Post

-Front push rod

-Wing mount

-Front skid plate

If you are jumping high you want some thinner shock oil, 60wt will snap your shafts in a heart beat. You can run 30wt and stiff springs and the revo will still handle like a champ, you just won't break so many shafts. That's my experience anyway.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Sooooo I'm going to chime in on durability, get ready for a boat load of my opinion....
    I hear a lot (A LOT) of chatter about how the new E-Revo isn't all it's cracked up to be, servos are unexcusable, ESC is garbage, shock shafts and ends are junk, pushrod ends are terrible..... Where are all the old school ERBE owners at? I truly believe, at the depths of my core, anyone who has had a love of the E-Revo for some time can truly appreciate this truck. If you look at any RC car manufacturer there isn't one single one that doesn't have a weak spot or two (or three) in their platform. What this new 2.0 Revo has done is, take care of all the issues that we had no solution for in the DIY or after market venue. No rtr vehicle will not need something to make it stronger, if there was no one would buy it because it would cost a fortune. Simple upgrades, over time, is more manageable that a 2,000 dollar investment off the bat. I'll address some of the individual issues here.
    1. ESC, though mine did die rather quickly I never had issue with it over heating, the lvd issue I can't comment on because I always was able to get my batteries balanced after running. Further more, when it did die, I called Traxxas and they gave me a rmo to send it back. I decided to make my LHS step up, they called Traxxas and a brand new ESC was sent out that day. Customer Service, this is one reason we love Traxxas right?
    2. Servos, while they do seem to be dying rather quickly, how many O.G. ERBE owners have their original 2075s in the rig? Gaurentee it's a small percentage.
    3. Shocks, yes, they did cheap out and put the breakable shafts in. Yes, they're not up to speed with the O.G. shocks. I've ripped a rod end off the shock, once, only once. And I've done the skate park launches, still not a problem. These tires are bigger, heavier than the old ones. This can also rip off the shock ends on any shock, not just these ones.
    4. Pushrods, sigh, these are wearable plastic ends people. Depending on usage, the ends will need to be replaced at intervals. It's a price we pay for the amazing suspension we've come to love.

In conclusion, while the new vxl Revo leaves some things to be upgraded by the user, in whole, this truck is what it should have been from the start. Gone are the diffs stripping, gone is the search for axles that will handle the power. This drive line is impressive, I can drive my ERBE the way it wants (no loves) to be driven, with out worry. Yes, it's taken me some upgrades, some parts stealing from my old ERBE, but I can actually drive this truck to it's limits without fearing I'll have to go home and discharge batteries. Haven't had to yet.

RC Racer
    ^^^ I agree with you. If they made it absolutely unbreakable from the factory, for one it would be completely unaffordable, and for two there would be no need to upgrade anything which takes a lot of the fun out of having one of these. The servo failures suck but itíll just be one thing on the upgrade list. I do hope they get the esc dialed in though. I canít wait to get mine.
    Last edited by justin13703; 04-05-2018 at 05:51 PM.

RC poster
    Sooooo I'm going to chime in on durability, get ready for a boat load of my opinion....
    I hear a lot (A LOT) of chatter about how the new E-Revo isn't all it's cracked up to be, servos are unexcusable, ESC is garbage, shock shafts and ends are junk, pushrod ends are terrible..... Where are all the old school ERBE owners at?

1. ESC, though mine did die rather quickly I never had issue with it over heating, the lvd issue I can't comment on because I always was able to get my batteries balanced after running. Further more, when it did die, I called Traxxas and they gave me a rmo to send it back. I decided to make my LHS step up, they called Traxxas and a brand new ESC was sent out that day. Customer Service, this is one reason we love Traxxas right?
    2. Servos, while they do seem to be dying rather quickly, how many O.G. ERBE owners have their original 2075s in the rig? Gaurentee it's a small percentage.
    3. Shocks, yes, they did cheap out and put the breakable shafts in. Yes, they're not up to speed with the O.G. shocks. I've ripped a rod end off the shock, once, only once. And I've done the skate park launches, still not a problem. These tires are bigger, heavier than the old ones. This can also rip off the shock ends on any shock, not just these ones.
    4. Pushrods, sigh, these are wearable plastic ends people. Depending on usage, the ends will need to be replaced at intervals. It's a price we pay for the amazing suspension we've come to love.
    1 & 2. My 4 year old E-Revo, hundreds and hundreds of runs - original electronics. Other than the power switch on the MM ESC, I was still running the original ESC, motor, servos and receiver.

3. I think this is a perfect example of what's annoying people - why have they downgraded the shocks? It's meant to be an upgrade of the V1.

4. I agree, they wear out, but it sounds like it's happening VERY quickly.

I don't expect a bulletproof RC from a manufacturer, but you're telling us how good it is and showing us a photo of a car with a different ESC, motor, single servo and a V1 chassis brace... not because they were "upgrades" but because they were necessary to keep the car going!

I love upgrading and customising, but I expect the base car to work within its design parameters when I get it out of the box.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lsear2905 View Post
    I don't expect a bulletproof RC from a manufacturer, but you're telling us how good it is and showing us a photo of a car with a different ESC, motor, single servo and a V1 chassis brace... not because they were "upgrades" but because they were necessary to keep the car going!

I love upgrading and customising, but I expect the base car to work within its design parameters when I get it out of the box.

This is spot on.

I know for a fact that one of my Traxxas vehicles has about $700 worth of upgrades, and like you mentioned, that was what was needed to keep it going; not solely just because I wanted to upgrade it. Sure it was fun upgrading it; but I am rather annoyed from just regular light use, that upgrading is what was needed to keep it going.

Now if Traxxas had sold it as upgraded the way I made it; the question is would I have bought a $1200 vehicle?

The answer depends on what they used to upgrade it and we know the answer is likely not something we are ever going to see as a RTR vehicle from Traxxas.

I learned my lesson over the past couple of years to just buy a roller and work my way into what I need to keep the vehicle going.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 04-05-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Correction
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Qualifier
    what was needed to keep it going
    what is "needed" to keep it going and what is ...

because I wanted to upgrade
    just "wanted" to fit the personal preferences will WIDELY differ across all the e revo owners worldwide.

thus what is "needed" for you is maybe not needed by person b whereas person b thinks it is "absolutely necessary" to upgrade/change part x whereas you think this is just not necessary etc etc.

if you pull the erevo (V1 or V2) out of the box completely stock it will drive. IF the stock car already meets all your personal preferences concerning durability, look, speed, driveability etc is another question and will differ from person to person.

bye,
    rhylsadar

ps: of course immediately dying servos or esc issues if they appear on a systematic basis is a different story and should be addressed by the manufacturer.
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 04-06-2018 at 03:45 AM.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    what is "needed" to keep it going and what is ...

just "wanted" to fit the personal preferences will WIDELY differ across all the e revo owners worldwide.

thus what is "needed" for you is maybe not needed by person b whereas person b thinks it is "absolutely necessary" to upgrade/change part x whereas you think this is just not necessary etc etc.

if you pull the erevo (V1 or V2) out of the box completely stock it will drive. IF the stock car already meets all your personal preferences concerning durability, look, speed, driveability etc is another question and will differ from person to person.

bye,
    rhylsadar

ps: of course immediately dying servos or esc issues if they appear on a systematic basis is a different story and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

Although your reverse analysis is not arguable amongst owners of Traxxas vehicles worldwide, pause still needs to be given to the fact that in the last couple of years on a regular basis, electronics have been a recurring instance for owners to upgrade to keep a $500 and $1000 dollar vehicle going.

You can't just partially quote what I'm saying and expect people to ignore the fact that they had to spend a significant amount of additional money just to have a useable vehicle that for once can turn yet alone at least move forward without the ESC spitting out stuttering commands or braking the unit entirely to a stand still.

I love Traxxas vehicles and they are all I have ever owned. But the turn around times waiting for ESC's and servos and in one instance, a Traxxas Link module; well.........by the time I had a running vehicle the way it should have come straight out of the box the first time, just hasn't happened for everyone worldwide on a regular basis - systematically or not!

After having revo's for 13 years, it's pretty safe for me to say they really needed to do something about pushrod ends, shock ends, arms and axle carriers. That's nothing to say about the issues with the electric vs nitro. Those weaknesses are on both and there's very little you can do to fix the rod end issue, at least that I've found.

So after almost 15 years, it appears they finally did something about all 4 of those things. Then again, I've only seen photo's of the rod ends, shock caps, shock ends, which shock ends and caps have the same part number as the old versions.

Do I expect them to be bulletproof? No. That said, I have never had a rig that went through shock ends, arms or axle carriers like the revo platform does. I've had probably 30+ vehicles over the past 20 years and I've maintained and bashed all of them pretty much the same. I've had 4 nitro revo's and 1 brushless revo. Every one of them got RPM arms and carriers put on them because I couldn't make it through a pair of packs or a few tanks of gas without snapping an arm or shattering a carrier, or both at the same time from an off kilter landing. That is a literal fact for me. I'm not sure the "$700 of upgrades necessary to keep it going" is all that accurate. $150 maybe. $110 to get RPM arms/carriers, $40 to get the rear brace and spare shock/rod ends.

Clearly I enjoy the revo. Just wish I could sort out the shock end/pushrod end issues.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I'm not sure the "$700 of upgrades necessary to keep it going" is all that accurate. $150 maybe. $110 to get RPM arms/carriers, $40 to get the rear brace and spare shock/rod ends.
    The $700 of upgrades I was referring to didn't pertain to the REVO 2.0 that is being discussed. It was referring to another Traxxas vehicle that I own.

Furthermore, I'm not debating the integrity of Traxxas electronics, that is something that Traxxas will have to deal with on a one to one basis with each owner of their products.

The last Traxxas vehicle that I pulled out of a box brand new that worked flawlessly for 7 years was a 1/16 E-revo VXL that I bought in 2011 and still has all the original electronics that work.

I can't say the same about the last two vehicles I have bought from Traxxas; but you won't see me posting negative comments about their products. I get what I need to get them going and move on to the Traxxas vehicle that I will buy next.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 04-06-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts.

I guess the ERBE v1 electronics (motor/esc) are ok? I haven't had any issues with mine for over a year, but I run 4S. Other than the switch getting wet, it's been just fine bash after bash. I didn't even try running with the stock servos, since I have other revos, I knew what I wanted to use for that. I keep the stock servos as spares for my jato steering or stampede 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I guess the ERBE v1 electronics (motor/esc) are ok?

Are you directing that question to me or the forum in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Are you directing that question to me or the forum in general?
    Just in general. That was one of the things on the V2 I didn't understand why they "upgraded". Then again, I didn't look at the full capabilities of the V2 esc/motor compared to the V1.

Ok, I know I opened up a can of worms. The picture of my ERBE, the ESC changed due to the failure if the vxl. The motor, only changed because that particular motor killed the diffs on my v1 consistently, which hasn't been an issue on this new version. Single servo, yes one service died on me, doesn't change the fact that I would have converted to a single servo anyway. Chassis brace, yes I put on the v1 aluminum brace, yes the plastic brace broke from a 20 foot drop on the tail end. This doesn't change the reason of my post! This new E-Revo has addressed all the issues we didn't have a fix for. That doesn't excuse the shotty electronics, but there is a solution to that. I challenge any to find me a truck, of this caliber, that can handle 20 feet of air, 30 feet long directly out of the box, no upgrades. Maybe I'm a Revo nerd (I am), but this new version can be abused twice as hard, on bigger voltage, with minimal modifications, than the old ERBE. Call me crazy but, I have no complaints with my purchase. I do have one request, what ever you do just remember, keep having fun!

Ok, I know I opened up a can of worms. The picture of my ERBE, the ESC changed due to the failure if the vxl. The motor, only changed because that particular motor killed the diffs on my v1 consistently, which hasn't been an issue on this new version. Single servo, yes one service died on me, doesn't change the fact that I would have converted to a single servo anyway. Chassis brace, yes I put on the v1 aluminum brace, yes the plastic brace broke from a 20 foot drop on the tail end. This doesn't change the reason of my post! This new E-Revo has addressed all the issues we didn't have a fix for. That doesn't excuse the shotty electronics, but there is a solution to that. I challenge any to find me a truck, of this caliber, that can handle 20 feet of air, 30 feet long directly out of the box, no upgrades. Maybe I'm a Revo nerd (I am), but this new version can be abused twice as hard, on bigger voltage, with minimal modifications, than the old ERBE. Call me crazy but, I have no complaints with my purchase. I do have one request, what ever you do just remember, keep having fun!

Okay, youíre crazy. (You asked for that - literally.) But I think youíre our kind of crazy. Iím glad youíre having fun. We all sometimes get wrapped around the axle and forget that important aspect of the hobby.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC poster
    My intention is to wait until they solve the issues with the electronics. If I could buy a roller version for US$350 I'd cop that, and buy electronics that I'm comfortable with, as that's my main concern at this stage.

I hope they go back to V1 shocks, and I'll buy a V1 chassis brace. I have no intention of 20' drops onto concrete, but if the ESC or servos die after a few packs I'll be very annoyed.

RC poster
    New forum memeber here and I’m going to add +1 to the servo issue.

Driving in my inlaws yard small grass area (low speed) lost all steering. Glad to see I’m not alone in this and I’ll call tomorrow to Get my new 2075s on their way. Hopefully they will last longer. I’ve put 2 sets of batteries (4s) through the truck so far and I’ve had just as many problems... I’m hoping that they address the problems because with the way I use this truck, it should be bullet proof. I’ve had no issues with my slash and few issues with e maxx (bought used and all issues were a result of the previous owner’s abuse and strange changes)

My other issue was my fault... I was having so much fun running on 2 wheels that the 2 in the air ballooned ripping the tread off of one. Called traxxas and they sent out 2 replacements without issue.

I was an early hater based on my agrravation with the dying servos and the vxl6s overdrawing my batteries. Once I got my aggravation out of the way and really looked at it what do I have?550$ for the vehicle, 90$ for a servo and single sided arm. I had a spare mamba monster x because that's pretty much what I run in everything. So here I am at 640$. I have ran the snot out of the thing, beat on it ran multiple packs in a row to see what it will handle, and it takes it with a smile. My benchmark for durability and bashability is my mt410 which I have over 1100$ into it. This new erevo rivals it on performance and durability for the price of a slash 4x4 less. So everybody please try to get over the unfortunate issues with the servos and the ESC, I know it's hard- took me a while too, and really look at what you're getting.

RC poster
    Hello!! Just purchased a new E Revo 2 yesterday and I have to say it's ALOT of fun.. i run 6s batteries and was trigger happy and would do back flips on most take offs. I set the rear shocks to the inside position to try and keep the front end down a little. After doing so I was jumping the car off a little ramp and on 2 different jumps the right left axle popped out of the rear diff. I disassembled and reinstalled and everything was fine til another jump. I put the shock back to the middle location and haven't had an issue since. Only other thing is popping one of the front bumper screws out when smashing a curb but it screwed back in and got tight

RC Enthusiast
    What's the issue with the stock ESC people are saying? I know about the servos, but the ESC I don't, I really want to buy the 2.0 and already made my mind to buy a extra servo in case (probably) the stock ones die, but I wouldn't like to spend another 150 bucks to a new ESC, what does the stock one has of problem? (Sorry about my english)

Nick it's good to hear you've seen the light. I'll go ahead and drop this video here. It was taken today, by my 9yo son. Any questions about durability should go out the window, all modifications I've done are already listed

Main issue me and a few others had with the ESC was that it was overdrawing batteries. The low voltage cutoff seems to be set to low from the factory. One forum member sent theirs in and after they got it back haven't had an issue. Mine took a cell down in one of my 3s lipos down to 2.89 and that was the last straw for me. I already swapped it out. I am sending it to traxxas today to see what they can do.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Main issue me and a few others had with the ESC was that it was overdrawing batteries. The low voltage cutoff seems to be set to low from the factory. One forum member sent theirs in and after they got it back haven't had an issue. Mine took a cell down in one of my 3s lipos down to 2.89 and that was the last straw for me. I already swapped it out. I am sending it to traxxas today to see what they can do.
    But this happens with all the E-Revo ESCs? Or maybe you had bad luck with your unit? If is a 100% happening in all 2.0 I maybe I will pass the 2.0, 100 dollars + 60 dollars in a new ESC and Servo is too much for me, with the car costing already 550 dollars.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast