Thread: Wobbling wheels

RC Enthusiast

Wobbling wheels

Hey everyone. My 1/16th E-Revo VXL had a ton of wheel play so I did some research on here and found it was the axel carriers. So I went out and bought the aftermarket RPM axle carriers. The only problem is that I still have wheel wobble! Just a little less than before if not the same amount. Is there anything else that could be causing this wobble? Thanks in advance!
    Rustler VXL - E-Revo VXL 1/16th

RC Competitor
    Check you hex hubs

Do the pillow balls still have play? Or is it just the axle that has play if so check the bearing.

^What zedorda said.

Check if the pivot ball clips are in all the way. If not, fully seat them (clip them in all the way).

If you want to do a Traxxas upgrade, you can get their aluminum threaded pivot ball caps:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7033X
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

This is a somewhat older thread but still relevant since I believe people still have this problem.

Ok so you have upgraded the axle carriers and bought new bearings but there is still more wheel wobble than you like. Well the last thing I know of that will remove alittle more of that play. To get the system as tight as you can before getting too crazy about it. Are the plastic hollow balls at the end of each rod. Mainly the Toe Rods but you can do all of the rods with the kit linked below. There will always be just a little play because these are production level vehicles but at this point you have done everything you can to lessen it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002885XTK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Last edited by zedorda; 10-08-2019 at 05:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    This is a somewhat older thread but still relevant since I believe people still have this problem.

Ok so you have upgraded the axle carriers and bought new bearings but there is still more wheel wobble than you like. Well the last thing I know of that will remove alittle more of that play. To get the system as tight as you can before getting too crazy about it. Are the plastic hollow balls at the end of each rod. Mainly the Toe Rods but you can do all of them with the kit linked below. There will always be just a little play because these are production level vehicles but at this point you have done everything you can to lessen it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002885XTK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    I can vouch.
    I replaced my plastic hollow balls in my Merv and it made a world of difference.