RC poster

Upgrading Vintage T-Maxx

Hey guys I was thinking about upgrading my vintage Pro.15 T-Maxx to modern electronics,I was just wondering if there is any differences on the chassis that would prevent me from doing that

RC Racer
    To tell you the truth, upgrading a vintage T-maxx to electric will cost a fortune to get it bash worthy, you will need new diffs, most likely bulks because the older ones are weaker, the arms are now longer and driveshafts thicker (probably will need metal for brushless), the transmission will need to be the electric one, + the cost of a new brushless motor, ESC, 1-2 batteries, charger, and new transmitter. I would honestly sell it for as much as you can then buy a V1 E-revo for cheap, because people are selling their old ones to afford the V2, or save up for the V2. I also think the revo is probably the better stable basher, because of the lower profile chassis and shock design.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Richmond View Post
    Hey guys I was thinking about upgrading my vintage Pro.15 T-Maxx to modern electronics,I was just wondering if there is any differences on the chassis that would prevent me from doing that
    So are you talking about converting to electric? Or upgrading the reciever, and transmitter. I ask because to upgrade electronics to me is the reciever and transmitter, maybe servos. If that is what you meant, then there would be no problem doing that.

If you meant to convert to electric, then I would follow Brickitsam's suggestion
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec