Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor

What did you do with your E-Revo 2.0 today?

I called the LHS to see when mine would show up.

I played with mine in my head....waiting for it to show up.

RC poster
    ripped it in some fresh white powder first thing this morning got mine on friday and today was the first day i played with it dont ask me how i held off for so long if i new how to post videos i would

RC Champion
    Mines waiting at the post while I'm at work,

But when I get back after the weekend I'll be doing a hitec servo upgrade from one of my other rigs. And swapping in my spectrum receiver.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Looked at all three my lhs had ordered and sold and are back due to burned out steering servos....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to drive it, program error on the ESC! Traxxas wants me to send it in.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    D'oh

oh jeez lol.

sorry to hear that Fancy that's sucks!

dronenewbie
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Champion
    I just received my 2nd erevo today!! Awesome rig..I feel it needs zero upgrades but that's me..

bought 2 today.

Still at work for a few more hours, so cant play just yet.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

foudub, why I oughta! Just kidding. Good for you man. I might call all the hobbytowns within driving distance tomorrow.

RC poster
    Got 5 minutes out of my new 2.0 today before both servos fried. Traxxas customer service was sending two out today. Hoping the new servos are a updated batch!

RC Enthusiast
    Showed off how much punishment my E-Revo could take vs my outcast. It's been dumped on its head slide on the body guard bounced off curbs and cart wheeled around.. Still truckin. **** I love this truggy.

got 15 minute half throttle run, few tumbles, nothing serious. check throttle and servos before run. checked wheel nuts, checked most screws. looks solid. Good test to see if its ready for the bashing on Saturday.

throttle was pretty smooth when it was on the ground, in the air it was kind of coggy.

wheel to backflop to wheelie lol

here it is next to the old erbe

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Called the closest Hobbytown to my house, asked when they'd be getting stock. The girl yelled to the back, and then tells me , " yeah we have one. Would you like me to put it aside for you?" So weird how this distribution is going. Some stores just have them sitting there. Odd. So today i will be picking mine up... Finally
    Last edited by nickruger; 03-15-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Yeah, very weird.

glad they had one. yay!!!

I am going to prolly cancel my UDR pre-order as well, if they do the same thing to those trucks.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Bought one

RC poster
    Played with mine for the second time and both my steering servos are dead!

Got mine March 9th here in California and I’m staring at my Erevo that I can’t drive right now. It only had one charge through my two lipos before the steering servos died. I didn’t do any jumps or anything like that. Didn’t even flip it over to check out the self-righting. Just cruising and some pulls that’s about it.

Called Traxxas and sounds like they are well aware of the problem because as soon as I told them I have no steering all of a sudden, they didn’t even waste a minute to tell me they are sending me 2 new servos to my door.

I thought it may have been the receiver so I plugged the servos into a receiver I know that works with a different transmitter and I can confirm it’s just a bad batch of 2075 servos.

RC Racer

Swapped receiver, steering servo (Single), installed a glitch buster and my “old shocks”. This one handles just as good without sways than my old one with swaybars. It drains a lot of power, killed one of my lipos although low voltage detection is turned on..... it also doesn’t beep when powering on to indicate lipo cell count. I should’ve kept the esc snd motor from my old one. Might put a MM2 in it, so I can program in more in depth.

RC Competitor
    Took mine out and got a personnel best of 39' long jump at my local bash spot. Beat my x-maxx best by 5 feet. Im 4 packs in and havent had a single issue.....knock on wood lol.

RC Racer
    Installed my “fast” wing and wheels. Now it looks nimble.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Installed my “fast” wing and wheels. Now it looks nimble.

Looks nice! I dig the wheels!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerman806 View Post
    Took mine out and got a personnel best of 39' long jump at my local bash spot. Beat my x-maxx best by 5 feet. Im 4 packs in and havent had a single issue.....knock on wood lol.
    Yeah, the new Erevo looks rock solid!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Yeah, the new Erevo looks rock solid!

I never had a version one so I dont have much to compare it to. But so far it has been outstanding. Its been on par with my X-Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    I called a two shops today to see if they had any and was able to pick one up today. The only place that had one was charging $599, the one out of stock said $550 but they had no idea when they would get any in.

Drove it around in the backyard a bit, suspension is a little soft and low for my liking so I plan on either swapping the shocks from one of my other revos or see if I can get some hard anodized and a variable damping kit.

Decided not to wait for the ESC to get warrantied, pulled out the mm2, the Arrma BLX 2000kv motor and savox servo from my old ERBE and geared up! Seriously, this set up will test this truck. On 4s geared 21/50 my ikd one couldn't keep diffs in one peace. Originally I geared this one 18/50 but a quick test run stripped the spur gear. A metal one at that (ok, I'll admit I tried to use the fixed mesh thingy and it was to loose). Replaced with the stock 54 plastic spur and a quick put around the back yard to verify all is well. This thing is going to leave a trail of fire as tire tracks! (Back to the Future reference). We'll see how well she holds up
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-17-2018 at 03:59 PM.

RC Qualifier

pulled out the mm2, the Arrma BLX 2000kv motor and savox servo from my old ERBE and geared up! Seriously, this set up will test this truck.
    what makes you think "this setup will test this truck"? in what way do you mean this setup should be different? performance-related this setup will be quite similar to the stock one (motor specs almost identical with a small difference in kv), given the same batteries and gearing.

greets,
    rhylsadar
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-17-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

I'm not speaking for Fancy, but I will tell you , from my firsthand experience, that Arrma BLX 2000kv motor paired with a mamba monster x on a good 4s lipo is no joke. I never even tried it on 6s. I never thought there would be such a difference in 200kv. To me it was quite noticeable. I ran it geared 19/44 in a mt410 and it never broke a sweat.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Nickruger is spot on. I don't know how or why but that red can has so much torque it's scary. I've never ran it on 6s in my other ERBE only 4s, that motor ripped that truck apart almost every run.

RC Qualifier
    the red motor is 2000kv right (75mm, 43mm)? the stock e revo 2.0 is 2200kv (75.5mm, 41.8mm). it is highly unlikely that one of those motors is so extremely more efficient that there would be a huge performance difference. if one was made of so much higher quality material there would be a huge different in price.

what may be much more probable is that you could change gearing to get a similar performance or the timing is more suited for one motor resulting in better performance than the other. so a change in timing could really do something. but just from the motor itself it would be very very surprising. so my guess is if a performance difference is noticeable then it may be a timing or gearing question. that could easily be the case.

dont get me wrong. i am not doubting your experience. that is what it is. i am just curious what could be the "real" cause for that.

greets,
    rhylsadar

I'm not really sure how or why, I do know that after I dropped it in (with no other changes at first) it was night and day. I eventually geared it up once I realized it could take it, then I had to actually use punch control with the castle link. Something I never used prior. Yes it is 2000kv, I didn't expect it to be that different either. Only reason I bought it was my LHS wanted to get rid of it and gave my a great deal, 45 bucks!

RC Qualifier
    interesting. so what is your timing on the mm2? the red one is probably a 4poler too? hmm

I kind of always wondered why that was the case too. I don't understand the technical aspects of efficiency, just some basics so I can't really split hairs to find the why. I know that the red can is the factory choice, I'm sure after extensive testing for a truck that weighs 13.4 lbs. The last generation erevo before this one is 9.2 lbs. All specs, ratings,technical stuff aside that helps me think that's a big part of it. I don't know, like I said that might be to simple of a way to look at it. All I know for sure is that thing rips like nothing I've ever used before.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I kind of always wondered why that was the case too. I don't understand the technical aspects of efficiency, just some basics so I can't really split hairs to find the why. I know that the red can is the factory choice, I'm sure after extensive testing for a truck that weighs 13.4 lbs. The last generation erevo before this one is 9.2 lbs. All specs, ratings,technical stuff aside that helps me think that's a big part of it. I don't know, like I said that might be to simple of a way to look at it. All I know for sure is that thing rips like nothing I've ever used before.
    You and I are on the same page I think. Once I saw the weight of the truck it comes from I figured it can take whatever I throw at it. After a discussion with our moderator I was informed that this is actually not a banned product to discuss. A big thanks to ksb for helping sort this out. So, the blx 2000kv is what it is. Never messed with the timing on the ESC, it's all factory except for the punch which I'll take down (it's at 20%) if the truck holds up on 6s. I call it a mm2 but it's the Traxxas mxl6s, one and same.

Do we know if the motor is a hobbywing re-brand like the esc? Im assuming it is.

I've tried looking it up, it's pretty hush hush with them I guess. It would be nice to know though

I looked and closest thing I could find was a 4274 2000kv. Next time I need a motor I might pick one up, see how close it is performance wise. They are only 70$.

RC Competitor
    The motor wires look Hobbywingy to me. They have that empty 550 cord look to them.

The wires on mine are super stiff and that coating is like trying to cut Kevlar. Does that sound familiar?

RC Racer
    My “old” shocks made a huge difference today. Bashed on an open field and ran it hard. Lots of full throttle passes, suspension acted like the one on the UDR the bigger tires and wider stance really helps in turns. Steers better than my old revo did with swaybars. Really happy with it. The only thing that sucks is that you can’t adjust low voltage cut off on the vxl-6. Truck cut 50% power, I immediately stopped and disconnected the batts. only to find another cell in one lipo below 3.0V!!! Let it sit for a while and it went up to 3.1V charged up to regular storage voltage just fine. I will definitely replace this piece of you know what with a MM2.
    Oh, and if you run with lightweight Truggy wheels, the batteries last almost 30mins.

RC Qualifier
    I ran another set of batteries today after raising the suspension to the highest hole and ran the preload adjusters down to the middle. The truck was awesome, the new larger tires are a perfect size. I'm still going to change the shock oil to 60wt, a little stiffer springs and the variable damping kit to keep the skids from slapping.

I only did a few speed runs and spent the rest of the time cruising around and jumping. 5000mah 4s got me around an hour of runtime until it cut to 50%, and i know i shouldnt have but i wanted to see after someone said the LVC was set too low, I kept driving until it cut off the throttle to 0%. Threw the batteries on the charger and I had one cell a little over 3.1 the rest were higher.

So far I haven't had any of the issues others have had

Steering servos seem to be fine.
    Low voltage cutoff is where it should be if I would have stopped at 50%
    It took a little while to get used to but the body latching is quick and painless once you get the hang of it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast