Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    edit: oops wrong forum
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeagnt54 View Post
    I ran another set of batteries today after raising the suspension to the highest hole and ran the preload adjusters down to the middle. The truck was awesome, the new larger tires are a perfect size. I'm still going to change the shock oil to 60wt, a little stiffer springs and the variable damping kit to keep the skids from slapping.

I only did a few speed runs and spent the rest of the time cruising around and jumping. 5000mah 4s got me around an hour of runtime until it cut to 50%, and i know i shouldnt have but i wanted to see after someone said the LVC was set too low, I kept driving until it cut off the throttle to 0%. Threw the batteries on the charger and I had one cell a little over 3.1 the rest were higher.

So far I haven't had any of the issues others have had

Steering servos seem to be fine.
    Low voltage cutoff is where it should be if I would have stopped at 50%
    It took a little while to get used to but the body latching is quick and painless once you get the hang of it.
    Yep, when you go slower the cut off seems ok. I was on an open field yesterday and ran big circles and what not at full throttle. Truck cut power, I stopped checked batteries, and the first cell on the lipo on the left, was below 3.0V. It ONLY happens to the first cell on the lipo connected to the driverís side plug. The one that has the 2 black wires. This is the 3rd time it happened. Never had this issue with my old Erbe, and I ran it the same with my low voltage detection set to 3.4V. The esc in the new Erbe is a piece of junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    still waiting on mine.. :-(
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Qualifier
    I stopped checked batteries, and the first cell on the lipo on the left, was below 3.0V. It ONLY happens to the first cell on the lipo connected to the driver’s side plug. The one that has the 2 black wires. This is the 3rd time it happened. Never had this issue with my old Erbe, and I ran it the same with my low voltage detection set to 3.4V. The esc in the new Erbe is a piece of junk.
    to me that is a strange way of argumentation. the esc only measures the total voltage of the two packs together as they are connected in series. it is not surveying each cell individually.

it seems you have a bad cell there on that battery pack. that has nothing to do with the esc.

greets,
    rhylsadar
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 03-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Qualifier
    For those with one, are the battery boxes the same dimensioms as the old ERevo?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    still waiting on mine.. :-(
    Me too man. It sucks seeing all these people on here blasting theirs around when you don’t even have one yet lol. At least the people who didn’t have both their steering servos die 3 minutes into the first run.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    to me that is a strange way of argumentation. the esc only measures the total voltage of the two packs together as they are connected in series. it is not surveying each cell individually.

it seems you have a bad cell there on that battery pack. that has nothing to do with the esc.

greets,
    rhylsadar
    I know itís super strange, but
    It happened 3times now, always with a different pack on that side. Matter of fact, today I ran it with 2 brand new packs and yet it still happened!!! 1st cell on left lipo. I NEVER had these type of issues with the MM2.....

I ran mine for the first time today. This is the first time I've ever driven an e-revo. I liked the handling. Besides that this thing is a snooze fest on 4s and the TSM at 50%. I turned it down and the tires didn't get a whole lot of traction. I can go stop in the middle of my fire pit, punch it, and pull double back flip coming out with my mt410. I couldn't even come close to a single. Overall, power system is a major disappointment. I'll try a set of prolines and 6s tomorrow, hopefully that's a little more impressive, or I'm gutting this thing and starting over.

raced some x-maxxes, had a good time with it.

its pretty darn fast on 6s all stock.

we do got a set of proline pinsteps on 3.8 series dish wheels.

might try those next.

6s revo way faster than 8s xmaxx.

spoiler screw pulled thru spoiler.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I ran mine for the first time today. This is the first time I've ever driven an e-revo. I liked the handling. Besides that this thing is a snooze fest on 4s and the TSM at 50%. I turned it down and the tires didn't get a whole lot of traction. I can go stop in the middle of my fire pit, punch it, and pull double back flip coming out with my mt410. I couldn't even come close to a single. Overall, power system is a major disappointment. I'll try a set of prolines and 6s tomorrow, hopefully that's a little more impressive, or I'm gutting this thing and starting over.
    As far as I know you’re the first one I’ve seen disappointed with the power of the new Revo, and you’re also the only one I’ve seen running it on 4s personally. Chances are the problem is that you’re on 4s. Most guys are struggling to keep the front wheels on the ground. There’s also tons of videos out there of them on 6s doing double backflips from a standstill. So I’m betting 4s is your problem.

RC Racer
    Closed the hole where the 2nd servo used to be.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    I know itís super strange, but
    It happened 3times now, always with a different pack on that side. Matter of fact, today I ran it with 2 brand new packs and yet it still happened!!! 1st cell on left lipo. I NEVER had these type of issues with the MM2.....

The esc draws from all the cells at once, it's impossible for it to draw from one cell more than the others. Either that one cell is weaker than the others or its not getting charged/balanced completely.

RC Qualifier
    Closed the hole where the 2nd servo used to be.

Are those the shocks from you old erevo?

RC Racer
    Are those the shocks from you old erevo?
    Yep.

RC Racer
    The esc draws from all the cells at once, it's impossible for it to draw from one cell more than the others. Either that one cell is weaker than the others or its not getting charged/balanced completely.
    I know, everyone is giving me theĒbookĒ answer, but fact of the matter is it happens regardless which of my fully charged and balanced lipos is hooked up to that side. Period.

RC Racer
    Bought a MM2 Esc today. Time to do some soldering and getting rid of that piece of junk speed controller.

finished editing the video from thrusday, so heres our first run video.

its light bashing, no full throttle stuff, just testing it to make sure servos r good and everything else, all them issues got us babying it. crash it 3 times in the video lightly.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Took her out for the maiden voyage of modified E-Revo 2.0, broke it, now to upgrade the next weak link. Rear center drive shaft. Snapped in two. And in 4s!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    No more low voltage issues! And itís so much smoother. It feels more ďPunchyĒ as well. I simply love the MM2. Same lipos I had issues with before are perfectly fine now. I knew it wasnít the batteries but the way too low set low voltage detection on the crappy stock esc!!!

RC poster
    No more low voltage issues! And it’s so much smoother. It feels more “Punchy” as well. I simply love the MM2. Same lipos I had issues with before are perfectly fine now. I knew it wasn’t the batteries but the way too low set low voltage detection on the crappy stock esc!!!

Got any pics of the steering arm setup with the single savox? Looks sick btw.
    Always broken

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcrete View Post
    Got 5 minutes out of my new 2.0 today before both servos fried. Traxxas customer service was sending two out today. Hoping the new servos are a updated batch!
    I would say the servo's are about the only part I would recommend replacing straight out of the box. They upgraded a lot of parts and this new truck seems bullet proof, sadly traxxas still doesn't have great servo's. Thankfully the motor is pretty good. Esc I'd probably replace with the Hobbywing 150A. These ESC are great. Nothing against the MM2 just don't see a difference in performance between it and the Hobbywing, I own both. Pretty much much all Hobywing, cept 2 orginal Revo's.
    Last edited by rknight; 03-19-2018 at 12:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I know, everyone is giving me the”book” answer, but fact of the matter is it happens regardless which of my fully charged and balanced lipos is hooked up to that side. Period.

Your batteries are wired as to act as 1 22.2v battery, made up of 6 cells. Very odd if you are having one discharge at a different rate than the other as your speed controller is designed to pull from them all equally. If one was draining quicker, the performance of the vehicle would also be effected, as you know lower voltage makes the vehicle run slower, drawing power differently would mean its not drawing 22.2v and therefor is hindering performance.

RC Qualifier
    I want in on that race!! lol. My X-MAXX goes about 72MPH. Thing is SCRARY fast, I can almost NEVER full throttle the beast. Can't wait to get a 2.0. It says Late April? Did Traxxas release a bunch of these to the LHS? Could I expect my LHS to have one in stock?

Yes, i had pre ordered, than called my LHS they had some, canceled pre-order and picked them up locally.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    I know, everyone is giving me the”book” answer, but fact of the matter is it happens regardless which of my fully charged and balanced lipos is hooked up to that side. Period.
    you still have to realize that you are the only one having that issue on a "repeated basis". so it is still an absolut unexplainable phenomenon.

your conclusion
    that piece of junk speed controller.
    is still absolutely not comprehensible. maybe just your esc had "issues" with a flaw somewhere. it seems not to be a general issue.

so it would still be interesting to find the real cause of this "problem".
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 03-19-2018 at 03:55 AM.

RC Racer

What did you do with your E-Revo 2.0 today?

Quote Originally Posted by rknight View Post
    Your batteries are wired as to act as 1 22.2v battery, made up of 6 cells. Very odd if you are having one discharge at a different rate than the other as your speed controller is designed to pull from them all equally. If one was draining quicker, the performance of the vehicle would also be effected, as you know lower voltage makes the vehicle run slower, drawing power differently would mean its not drawing 22.2v and therefor is hindering performance.
    Well, see below from another forum member that seems to look at this from a logical point of view.....that explains why it only happens to the first cell in that pack. Because thatís the very first one on the neg. side.

RC Racer
    Yes that makes sense but if that’s the case then the same thing would happen would happen no matter what esc you put in there. What he’s saying is that it is a characteristic of electrical flow, not a characteristic of one specific esc or another.

Not doubting you, just that the quote makes complete sense which is why it doesn’t pin the problem on the esc.

RC Qualifier
    that is correct justin. and the author of that post confirmed that himself.

It will still be lower that the other regardless of the ESC, it just the way batteries in series work.
    what he is describing is a general functioning of any batteries connected in series and will happen on any esc.
    his point is interesting and i will surely have an eye on that this season.

however that offers no explanation for your "issue" that it will only happen on the trx esc. so we still have a puzzle there.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    Yes that makes sense but if thatís the case then the same thing would happen would happen no matter what esc you put in there. What heís saying is that it is a characteristic of electrical flow, not a characteristic of one specific esc or another.

Not doubting you, just that the quote makes complete sense which is why it doesnít pin the problem on the esc.
    Of course this would happen with other escís as well. But only if the low voltage detection is set too low. Thatís what Iím trying to say this whole time. Stock esc cut off is set to low.

RC Qualifier
    that is an interesting point. if the lvc is set too low that might intensify the issue with the "low voltage" first cell.

i would be a very useful information where the lvc (or low voltage detection lvd as trx calls it) is set as a default on the new vxl6s.

Dronenewbie- I don't think you were doubting yourself about the first cell being overdrawn, but mine is doing it too. I switched sides, still did it, tried a new set, still did it. Same results. So it isn't just you. Time to solder up another mamba. We were all wondering when or if a roller version was coming out, looks like it already did.

RC Competitor
    Maybe it’s a marketing strategy for the voltage sensor/telemetry?

RC Qualifier
    I switched sides, still did it, tried a new set, still did it. Same results. So it isn't just you.
    ok so now i am really interested in this issue. how much voltage difference is there between the cells on the "left" battery?

i will check that on my batteries this season.

still i don't get what "mechanism" should be at work that this "issue" would only occur on a certain esc. but it is interesting for sure.

Mine was 3.12, 3.30, 3.30

directly from smc website:

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...egory&path=166

seems like there are 2 solutions to this, alternate lipos every run and dont let them go beyond 3.75v. man 3.30 is way too low for the cells. and at those voltages perhaps the left cell goes down faster.

happens to every esc, but if the lvc is so low on the vxl its an issue. get a buzzer.

(so the new vxl is not programmable???)

RC Competitor
    RC Lipo Buzzers have now been deemed too inaccurate for monitoring our RC Lipos.

You have PM. ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-19-2018 at 07:29 PM.

RC Racer

Installed wheelie bar today, tweaked a few settings via Castle Link and ran 4 packs through it. All lipos perfectly fine afterwards. Really enjoying it now. Donít know what to do with the stock transmitter, receiver, servos and esc yet....

RC Competitor
    Ran it again today. decided to go ahead and sell it.

RC Competitor
    Sent Traxxas pictures of my two exploded tires. Hoping for some replacements.

Ordered some Pro-Line Trencher X 3.8" Tires w/Desperado Black Wheels as my primary/backup set of wheels.

Also took out one servo, waiting on the new one from Traxxas. One of them is completely locked up and won't spin at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast