Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    @ttThree
    what is the point in hanging out here in the forums and take up every little bit of "bad" information about the e revo and exaggerate it? if you don't want an e revo 2.0 because you personally think its not worth it, that is fine. nobody is forced to buy one. it is really noticeable that you are just posting to try to make the truck "worse" than it is.
    i was just wondering. of course you can do whatever you want to do.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Qualifier
    coming back to the low voltage detection.

Mine was 3.12, 3.30, 3.30
    have you checked the manual page 17-19 if maybe the low voltage detection on your vxl6s was disabled?

bye,
    rhylsadar

I did check it. Recalibrated the ESC multiple times. Seems it is just happening. I haven't had any other issues besides that. I had a small issue with delayed throttle input. Someone recommended to recalibrate and that did clear it up.
    Last edited by nickruger; 03-20-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    @ttThree
    what is the point in hanging out here in the forums and take up every little bit of "bad" information about the e revo and exaggerate it? if you don't want an e revo 2.0 because you personally think its not worth it, that is fine. nobody is forced to buy one. it is really noticeable that you are just posting to try to make the truck "worse" than it is.
    i was just wondering. of course you can do whatever you want to do.
    Almost true... Everything has its limits.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in this truck so far. However, I did look at it from a price point perspective. I think this thing is a terrific "value" for 549.99$ I was hopeful that it would be flawless, but so far the things that I was leery of before I bought one are the things that are failing. So am I a little disappointed that it isn't flawless, yes. Do I feel like it was a bad investment? No. After 550$, plus a new ESC, servo upgrade, I'm still under 800 bucks. Any other 8th scale I own that is on par with this I have way over 1000$ into it. So, I know a lot of us are frustrated and unhappy. I get it, but take it for what it is. If someone offered an 8th scale monster truck kit with the features this thing has for 550$ and I had to add all my electronics, I would buy it. That's what's calming my unhappiness.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    I don't blame you the e-revo 2.0 was overhyped since day one, with sadly false information. In reality I see many flaws on this truck.
    The reality is that 75-90% of the people that bought this truck or will buy this truck don't go to the forums. We are only here because we are genuinely interested in RCs or because we are hoping someone else is having the same problem and we didn't do something stupid.

Took her to the skate park today, broken parts..... Wing mount. 20ft plus drop strait on her tail bone. Again, can't get mad at that
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    I was hopeful that it would be flawless
    just herein lies a "problem". let me tell you something about expectations: expectations are like baloons. they go up higher and higher until they burst and fall on the ground in tatters. that applies not only to rc but many aspects of life.

to aquire a realistic "expectation management" is a crucial aspect for having a happy life.

there will never be a "flawless" rc car for several reasons. first everybody has a different imagination of how a "flawless" car would look like and 2nd it would be ridiculous expensive to construct a rc car only from the highest quality parts so there would be very very little demand for it.

The reality is that 75-90% of the people that bought this truck or will buy this truck don't go to the forums.
    true. almost all my rc friends to not hang around in rc forums.
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 03-21-2018 at 04:05 AM.

I don't like you very much rhylsadar

That was a joke. I know. I'm working on my expectations.

RC Qualifier
    no worries.

RC Competitor
    Here's my friend's 2.0 doing a backflip off my new ramp!

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ab3b21f...310_154517.mp4

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Called my lhs to see when it would show up. I was told they "accidentally" sold my preorder to a walk-in customer

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tski8 View Post
    Called my lhs to see when it would show up. I was told they "accidentally" sold my preorder to a walk-in customer

Oh man I would be livid, However that's kinda how I got mine. Though they called the guy and asked him if they could give it to me because I paid upfront.

Sorry to hear that man.

RC poster
    Ditched that stock Traxxas Esc and servos. Also went with Savox waterproof servo with a Mamba Monster X and wow can I tell the difference! Much better now!

Last edited by jeremy2994; 03-24-2018 at 10:34 PM.

RC Enthusiast

Went to the local shop for a part to my other truck. And checked on my Revo. Servo's are out while I wait for them to get replaced. Motor was out also. We quickly put it back in so I could do some ESC testing and wouldn't you know. It made a liar out of me. It had no problems going forward and reverse. Still gunna replace the motor and Esc later.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy2994 View Post
    Ditched that stock Traxxas Esc and servos. Also went with Savox waterproof servo with a Mamba Monster X and wow can I tell the difference! Much better now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I'm not speaking for Fancy, but I will tell you , from my firsthand experience, that Arrma BLX 2000kv motor paired with a mamba monster x on a good 4s lipo is no joke. I never even tried it on 6s. I never thought there would be such a difference in 200kv. To me it was quite noticeable. I ran it geared 19/44 in a mt410 and it never broke a sweat.
    I have to agree with this. Itís the early version Nero motor, the red can 2000kv. I run it and the Mamba X in my Kraton and the same gears going in the MT once it shows and is built.
    I had the motor/esc laying around so I never knew it was such a good combo, lol.

Iím waiting a while yet before I buy the 2.0 but itíll get this combo as well. Iíd really like a roller package.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TWICE THE PIPE View Post
    Got any pics of the steering arm setup with the single savox? Looks sick btw.
    Sorry for the super late reply, but here you go:

I swapped out the rear springs for blue, 5.9 rate and the front springs for silver 4.9 rate. For me, handling was drastically improved. The stiffened front also helps the front end from compressing into an endo and possibly a flip under hard braking. Very happy with the choice. I rolled it over about 75% less often than normal. I don't know if it's just my fat fingers, but I had to take the front rockers out to pull the shock out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I swapped out the rear springs for blue, 5.9 rate and the front springs for silver 4.9 rate. For me, handling was drastically improved. The stiffened front also helps the front end from compressing into an endo and possibly a flip under hard braking. Very happy with the choice. I rolled it over about 75% less often than normal. I don't know if it's just my fat fingers, but I had to take the front rockers out to pull the shock out.
    Did you change oil? I need stiffer springs in mine as Well and maybe add 50wt oil.

In my Xmaxx I went to just 50wt and it made a difference. But the springs are very soft!!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

No, I didn't change the oil. Just swapped the springs.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy2994 View Post

Why did you change the ESC? The servo I understand, but what did you notice in the car performance changing the ESC from the stock one?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViTosS View Post
    Why did you change the ESC? The servo I understand, but what did you notice in the car performance changing the ESC from the stock one?
    I'll be switching mine.. the castle esc can be easily programmed with castle link and the X will also support a sensored motor.

RC poster
    Had my 1st 15-min run on tarmac with tsm off, half throttle. Those stock servos still survive on 1st pack 6s. Hopefully they cont to serve me till new pair savox arrived. Dont think it's economical for Traxxas to send replacement servos to Malaysia

RC poster
    Dancing around like a 10 year old at christmas waiting for my LHS to get mine in. He texted me and told me Traxxas had requested a list of all prepaid customers due to the extreme demand they are getting so i guess their priority for shipping is going to be based somewhat on that.

Till then i just have a vivid imagination on how high and how fast i can jump this and how much time i will spend fixing it

Today I finished putting together a little video of a fun day. I'm not the best but, here is E-Revo 2.0 and friends!

RC Champion
    Went with 50/60 shock oil and silver/ purple springs, I also took my lunsford Ti rocker posts from my 1.0

I'll get the Ti suspension pins off my 1.0 as well.

RC Qualifier
    I literally sprayed it down with bleach as it was infested with whatever bugs pea plants bring!! Lol!! Made me have to call an exterminator for my basement!! It’s outside now, I’m too scared to bring it in

RC poster
    Hi There, does anyone know if the tbone racing bumper for the original erevo brushless will fit on the 2.0?
    tanks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Sorry for the super late reply, but here you go:

Would you consider making more of those cool plates for going with one servo? I would definitely buy one.

I finally switch everything over to the new unbroken chassis, figured I might as well throw some new shoes on while I'm at it. All that's left to do is electronics, I'm excited to thrash her again!

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.

RC poster
    So not all done today of course, but Ill put my list of mods down.

HR aluminum shock ends
    Purple springs in rear
    Blue springs in front
    super glue all pushrod ends
    super glue 3 pillow balls
    replace failed servos with 1 Savox SA-1231SG
    snipped one of the battery vents to run server wires through it
    replaced servo saver spring with heavy duty version
    After the motor failed, I replaced ESC and Motor with Hobbywing XErun X8 Plus and 4272 G2 full sensored setup. (this combo runs so much more aggressive than the stock motor/esc)
    Front and rear diffs cleaned and filled with 100k
    greased front and rear diffs since they were pretty much dry from factory
    added some grease to the "transmission"
    Replace blown tires with Proline Trencher X
    Made some cutouts on the rear of the body to get some additional flow through when moving
    Installed Chinese wheelie bar
    Last edited by bruno747; 07-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.

RC poster
    Finally installed my yeah racing dual cooling fan today. Its been sitting in the package for something like 3 weeks.

RC Champion
    Mines getting sensored today.. also switching to massive castle connectors.

RC Racer
    Finally smoothly nailed my backyard double jump. Super dry and hot down here in Texas, dirt is so loose it's hard to maintain control on 6s. This clip was running on 4s. This truck is a blast!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw_Iih514J4
    Last edited by tankinfrank; 08-24-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: left out details

RC Racer
    got a wireless module and turned the braking down from 100 to 35 percent, so much better and no more front flips/tumbles when I want to slow down

RC Competitor
    Shredded the spur gear on Saturday. Installed 20/46 steel gears yesterday. 70mph is insane with this car on a 1.5 lane blacktop. To bad the car behaves good for only about a minute after power on before it starts acting up. ��

RC Enthusiast
    Front Rockers by Integy, new springs blue rear & sliver front and Hot Racing GTR Upgrade Kits. Still waiting for the Rear Rockers.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    "Lead, follow or get out of the way".

RC Racer
    Since I’ve had mine for like 6 months now and still haven’t actually jumped it, I took mine over to a friends house and made a ramp out of a piece of plywood and a skid lol. Had the skid standing up so it was a pretty big ramp. Jumped the thing for probably an hour before the lvc kicked in. Took some bad landings along the way and it held up like a champ. I’ll tear it down tomorrow to check for any damage but the only thing I’ve seen so far is that the wheelie bar popped off. No rod end or axle issues at all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast