sell stampede 4x4 truggy for ERBE 2.0?

I was browsing at the LHS this weekend and saw they had the ERBE 2.0 there. looked it over for a while and came to the conclusion that i had to get one of those suckers . So here's the dilemma- I have an awesome stampede 4x4 that i converted to a truggy. it has a castle mamba x system in it (2400kv), got the STRC slash 4x4 e-buggy conversion kit for it to mount the wing, MX28 tires, and MIP driveshafts.the body and wing is very beat up (70mph crash into a rock took out a sizeable chunk of the body but put back together with shoegoo) and the paint job isn't very good but everything else is in excellent condition. my thoughts are to sell the truggy and get the e revo because the truggy is just a smaller version of the e revo. how much do you think would be a reasonable asking price for the truggy and should I sell it for the E revo 2.0?
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Competitor
    Pictures would help, but as a side note there are a lot of cheap (and way overpriced) e-revo generation 1 on ebay right now. Market is kind of flooded right at the moment, but good luck!

RC Racer
    I also have found it nice to have more than I RC. One is often dowb for the count for me needing upgrades or repairs.

I have 2 Stampede 4x4 VXL and a Bandit VXL. I finally got the Bandit back together and now have 2 working RCS for the first time.

I would take some time to think about it before going into this. It would suck to get new EREVO and then be on the sidelines waiting for warrantied servos or something.

I want an EREVO 2.0 as well. Going to wait a few months and see if these servo issues get ironed out and to also save some cash.

Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to be cleaned up a bit and I had the wing off so it was just resting on the mounts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The P4de is such a good basher truck. Iíd keep it. I built an X-Maxx and am not really using the pede, but when I took it out the other day, I had so much fun. Just keeps coming back for more. Plus youíll take a huge loss on it.

fair point. I just don't see the purpose in having two vehicles that are basically the same thing just in different sizes. plus maybe I could get a good price for the p4de and have it pay for the ERBE 2.0. unlikely though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    fair point. I just don't see the purpose in having two vehicles that are basically the same thing just in different sizes. plus maybe I could get a good price for the p4de and have it pay for the ERBE 2.0. unlikely though
    I just disagree about them being the same. Theyíre so different. Literally the only similarity is the fact theyíre both 4wd and you can bash them both.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I just disagree about them being the same. Theyíre so different. Literally the only similarity is the fact theyíre both 4wd and you can bash them both.
    I agree with this. Different scale and entirely different suspension. While I have not driven the new EREVO, the videos online seem to show a different experience.

I just thought they were too similar to have both. Probably wasn’t the best choice of wording to say they’re the same. As a student with no job, my toy truck budget isn’t very large so I got to make some sacrifices

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Understood. Every situation is different

RC Racer
    I just thought they were too similar to have both. Probably wasnít the best choice of wording to say theyíre the same. As a student with no job, my toy truck budget isnít very large so I got to make some sacrifices
    Understood. In a perfect world you could have both. You have put a lot of sweat equity into that truck of yours and more than a few $. You will take a big depreciation hit on all of those upgrades. The MIP axles alone are a big expense.

Have you looked at what similarly or lessor Stampeded are getting on the market on your Craigs list and on ebay? If you can get what you can live with then there is your answer.

Don't forget that you may have to budget for batteries if you do not have 3s batteries that will fit the new Erevo. And would you have money for a set of tires if the stock ones don't last? Servos seem to be main issue with it right now; but I have heard of some wearing their tires prematurely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
    Understood. In a perfect world you could have both. You have put a lot of sweat equity into that truck of yours and more than a few $. You will take a big depreciation hit on all of those upgrades. The MIP axles alone are a big expense.

Have you looked at what similarly or lessor Stampeded are getting on the market on your Craigs list and on ebay? If you can get what you can live with then there is your answer.

Don't forget that you may have to budget for batteries if you do not have 3s batteries that will fit the new Erevo. And would you have money for a set of tires if the stock ones don't last? Servos seem to be main issue with it right now; but I have heard of some wearing their tires prematurely as well.
    I have plenty of batteries and I’ll jist throw in some power HD servos in there. The pede is a great truck it is just too expensive to keep up. I’ve put in a lot of money and effort in it but I think the erevo is probably worth the sacrifice. As for the priceing, I’ve seen stampedes similar to mine get 500+ but with the body damage and wing damage, I’d say 450 is fair. It’s a hard choice

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have plenty of batteries and Iíll jist throw in some power HD servos in there. The pede is a great truck it is just too expensive to keep up. Iíve put in a lot of money and effort in it but I think the erevo is probably worth the sacrifice. As for the priceing, Iíve seen stampedes similar to mine get 500+ but with the body damage and wing damage, Iíd say 450 is fair. Itís a hard choice
    Love your truck. No way youíll get that for it. It does seem your mind is made up. Iím sure youíll enjoy the Erbe

The pede is a different experience than the erevo. I have both and I can tell you that the pede needs way less room to run and be fun. The erevo is super fun, but on 6s it just wants to go and eats up all the space you can give it. Maybe you have that kind of space, but I thought I'd mention it just in case available room to run is a concern.

I have plenty of batteries and I’ll jist throw in some power HD servos in there. The pede is a great truck it is just too expensive to keep up. I’ve put in a lot of money and effort in it but I think the erevo is probably worth the sacrifice. As for the priceing, I’ve seen stampedes similar to mine get 500+ but with the body damage and wing damage, I’d say 450 is fair. It’s a hard choice
    You might get 300 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    You might get 300 for it.
    I realize 500 might be high but there is a stampede 4x4 on eBay thatís selling for 500 something dollars and has 8 people watching it as of the time Iím writing this. This pede has many similar qualities to mine and not a lot of extras. Iíve got a couple sets of tires Iím including too. Hereís the link

https://www.ebay.com/p/Traxxas-67086...d=222809457529

RC poster
    I picked up a VXL p4de and a VLX rustler on CL... 400 bux for the pair. Both were the newer versions with the most recent transmitters. unfortunately I would say 500 bux is a lofty goal as compared to what you will probably get out of it. Personally i'd buy a brand new one which can be had on amazon for 399 & free shipping rather than a used heavily modified one for the same price... but i suppose not everyone shares my opinion.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr CoDeMaN View Post
    I picked up a VXL p4de and a VLX rustler on CL... 400 bux for the pair. Both were the newer versions with the most recent transmitters. unfortunately I would say 500 bux is a lofty goal as compared to what you will probably get out of it. Personally i'd buy a brand new one which can be had on amazon for 399 & free shipping rather than a used heavily modified one for the same price... but i suppose not everyone shares my opinion.
    ^this. we pour time and money into our trucks, but to other people they dont hold the same value. for $500 your could buy a roller and heavily upgrade it yourself. I would keep it and save up longer for the Erevo 2.0 then have 2 trucks so if one is down your still have one to run.
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that ebay link is what someone wants to get for it, not what it is worth, I wouldn't be surprised if that sold for $250

RC Racer
    Yeah that’s the “buy it now” price. It won’t sell for anywhere near that. 625 shipped for a used stampede is insanity.

I have a erevo 2.0 on order, and I also have a plain old 2wd brushed stampede. I couldn’t imagine getting rid of the stampede. I don’t know why but it’s just a ton of fun. The 2wd handling of it and the ability to go wide open throttle when running it around I think is part of why it’s so fun. The Revo will be a blast but sometimes I’ll want to run something around that isn’t so mind-numbingly fast.

RC Competitor
    I was browsing at the LHS this weekend and saw they had the ERBE 2.0 there. looked it over for a while and came to the conclusion that i had to get one of those suckers . So here's the dilemma- I have an awesome stampede 4x4 that i converted to a truggy. it has a castle mamba x system in it (2400kv), got the STRC slash 4x4 e-buggy conversion kit for it to mount the wing, MX28 tires, and MIP driveshafts.the body and wing is very beat up (70mph crash into a rock took out a sizeable chunk of the body but put back together with shoegoo) and the paint job isn't very good but everything else is in excellent condition. my thoughts are to sell the truggy and get the e revo because the truggy is just a smaller version of the e revo. how much do you think would be a reasonable asking price for the truggy and should I sell it for the E revo 2.0?
    I say you could for sure get at least $350 for it. A bidder who knows about the stampede can see you have more than that just in the upgrades.