RC Qualifier

Splipper clutch reassembly 6s

https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/X-...-Rear-Assembly

Hi,

I am trying to rebuild the kit but I am surprised that the screw is a little off of the axle.

Is that normal ?

Thanks.

Once assembled

Without the bearing

The 4611 part

No it's not. You should have at least 3 threads showing. This is the best photo's I have right now, so I hope it helps.

Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I know something is going wrong but I am not able to figure what ...

Weird, on this video it looks like the guy have same issue but says nothing about it:

https://youtu.be/m47r9pEYfdE?t=7m52s
    Last edited by zeflex; 03-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.

is the outer race from the old bearing stuck in the housing?
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Competitor
    Most likely

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Is upgrading to the Cush drive an option for you?

RC Racer
    Something's wrong, my looks like this.

RC Qualifier
    @rizz0d : No you was right, I thought part 1 was the same than part 2 (the same one)
    @Gripdog7205 : not really, why ?

Issue fixed, I had issue to removed the broken bearing...

Now I have a noise when I put back the slipper clutch inside, when I move the truck with my hand (motor installed), I have to force... Need to investigate...

Quote Originally Posted by zeflex View Post
    @rizz0d : No you was right, I thought part 1 was the same than part 2 (the same one)

Now I have a noise when I put back the slipper clutch inside, when I move the truck with my hand (motor installed), I have to force... Need to investigate...

i would scrap and replace the pads and pressure plates, eliminate all possibilities for binding and heat generation that could cause damage.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

It seems to be less problematic. I donít think they would have redesigned if it wasnít a better design. I havenít had issue with the Cush drive. Time will tell

RC Qualifier
    Noise issue fixed, I don't know what it was. I replaced the main axle by another one, it did the job

RC Qualifier
    Hi folks,

I am asking you advice again.

The slipper clutch nut keep to unscrew itself, even if I used expoxy on the thread as nut threadlocker...

So I disassembled the whole slipper clutch again and I noticed the new bearing I've put inside is in a bad shape after 2 runs only...

What I am doing wrong please?

Bearing pictures here:
    https://imgur.com/a/WNqMd

RC Qualifier
    Ok here I show you how I proceed to reassemble the slipper clutch:

have a look at post #41 on my thread this-is-my-xmaxx/page2

i put a second nut on the shaft. so put it back together with one nut, drive the truck and make sure the slipper is set to your liking, then add the second nut. mine never backs off.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome I did that just after I post because I saw no answers ... and I always want answers quickly haha.

So with this double nuts, your slipper clutch stays good now ? no unscrewed nut by itself ?

(Just to let you know) the four ways to secure a situation like yours (in this order) is by first always putting on a new locknut each and every time you have to reassemble your slipper clutch, (if the nut backs off) then a new locknut with BLUE Loctite, (if the nut backs off) then a new locknut with Red Loctite, (if the nut still backs off) the last...the best...you can do is to use two thin non-locking nuts (like what you're doing now, but using way thinner, non-locking nuts.

For me, if my nut is new then all I have to do is to use BLUE Loctite with it. If my nut is used, then I use the RED Loctite. I only reuse my locknuts a few times before tossing them (in real mechanical maintenance you only use a locknut once).

Anyway, one of the "Golden Rules" with A&P's is you always want 3 threads showing. If you don't have that then your mechanical situation isn't properly secure...in other words, it will eventually come loose. In your case, you may be having better results than what you were doing before, but your problem will come back with the way you have your setup now. So, be very attentive if you leave your slipper clutch that way.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-28-2018 at 05:38 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Awesome I did that just after I post because I saw no answers ... and I always want answers quickly haha.

So with this double nuts, your slipper clutch stays good now ? no unscrewed nut by itself ?
    correct. I'm still using my original locknut as it never backed off in the first place and I 'double-nutted' it when it was still pretty new. I've only had the clutch assembly apart maybe 5 times ever and it's never given me any trouble.

RC Qualifier
    Ok guys I will follow your advice and keep u updated. THanks.