SMC 2S LIPO which one will fit or other 2s lipo options

My stampede 4x4 VXL is in the mail and I want to pick an SMC 2S LIPO. Any of you guys currently running them? The truck's not here yet went to the local hobby shop picked up the motor fan and the ESC fan and the upgraded bearing. Other upgrades will come as the truck brakes to get ready for 3s power.
    Slash 4x4 /Stampede 4x4/Skully/Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    From what I hear, and from what I have researched, SMC is really reliable. Unfortunately I don't own any...Yet.
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

Same thing I have my 3's battery figured out for my slash already I want to figure out a 2's battery for my new Stampede before it gets here so I can place the order for both batteries at the same time that's why I'm asking the question. I sent SMC an email but haven't heard back yet

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Madtrotter1 View Post
    Same thing I have my 3's battery figured out for my slash already I want to figure out a 2's battery for my new Stampede before it gets here so I can place the order for both batteries at the same time that's why I'm asking the question. I sent SMC an email but haven't heard back yet
    I personally don't have any of them, but I see them recommended a lot in these forums. I frequent the e revo brushless forum a lot too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My stampede 4x4 VXL is in the mail and I want to pick an SMC 2S LIPO. Any of you guys currently running them? The truck's not here yet went to the local hobby shop picked up the motor fan and the ESC fan and the upgraded bearing. Other upgrades will come as the truck brakes to get ready for 3s power.
    Only 4S and 6S. I recommend them but Id buy more than 1

RC Qualifier
    I have eight SMC 2s lipos. That's all I've used for The Last 5 Years. I've never had one issue with any of them. I would get something over 6000mah so you'll have a longer run time

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I do like my Traxxas batteries. All I have owned so far and the dag gone things will probably last longer than I do. So to say, if I was to try another brand. It would surely be SMC.....
    Choose Life !!!

I run the SMC 7400mah 2S packs in mine. They fit perfectly.
    https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=126

I have 4 of those and 4 of the 9000mah 2S packs as well as 2 of the 9500mah 2S packs. I run the larger packs in my erbe and savage flux. I haven't tried fitting the 7400's in my erbe. They will probably work, but the wires kind of come out of the side of the pack instead of the end. They work fine in my 4x4 stampede, converted jato and savage though.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Batt Tray dimensions is:
    L: 142 mm
    W: 48.5 mm
    Love SMC batts! In this pic only the hard case batts pictured at bottom fit in P4de. I use Apex velcro straps on most my rigs to accommodate any height batts.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Going with True Spec Premium 7.4V 7400mAh 149 Amps/90C

Will I need the tall battery extender?

I just remember seeing the batt extender height specs but cant remember what it was. Ill look and see if i cant find it again, but to solve that issue the velcro straps are the way to go imo. They hold batts so securely. I always seemed to loose the pin on the hold down. Lol.

RC poster
    I've got a gens ace 5000mah 2s 50c lipo, but I switched my connector from a traxxas to deans T. So far I like it, just barely squeezes in the battery box.

Stock batt hold down is 23mm or 25mm depending on orientation.
    With batt expansion kit youll get 29mm.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Batt Tray dimensions is:
    L: 142 mm
    W: 48.5 mm
    Love SMC batts! In this pic only the hard case batts pictured at bottom fit in P4de. I use Apex velcro straps on most my rigs to accommodate any height batts.

OMG BRIBER! That’s a lot of lipos! I’ve only got around 6 right now. Three 2s’s, one 3s, and two 1s’s. I think that’s it... Boy, having those 6 is fun, having all of those must be bliss!
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

Wish I could say. I got my stampede 4x4 vxl used, so I don't know if I have the "extender" or not. I had to add about 1/4" of dense foam to hold the 7200mah 2S packs snug in it.

The "foam" was an old dense memory foam floor mat that I have under the towel on my workbench. Was just the right thickness.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Stock batt hold down is 23mm or 25mm depending on orientation.
    With batt expansion kit youll get 29mm.

Hmmm...

This battery is about 26mm? 27mm?

Battery in "Crash" with battery extender:

From what I can see here it looks like "Crash" could take something up to a good 37mm give or take.

I don't have that tall piece in the rear, but there is a tall post in the front. So, guessing mine is the "stock" hold down, which the SMC 7400mah 2S fits fine in and requires foam to make it tight.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I don't have that tall piece in the rear, but there is a tall post in the front. So, guessing mine is the "stock" hold down, which the SMC 7400mah 2S fits fine in and requires foam to make it tight.
    This is the part I swapped in to get the taller post and black retainer (it only had a short post when I got it). Inexpensive upgrade:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6727X

Quote Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
    This is the part I swapped in to get the taller post and black retainer (it only had a short post when I got it). Inexpensive upgrade:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6727X
    I have the tall post, use the shortest hole, but the rear block looks like it's stock.

The one with battery in it has the taller expander kit. The one sitting on wheels is stock. On the battery hold down are #'s they should say 23 on one side and 25 on the other. Thats the height with hold down in that orientation it will accommodate. The max height was from an old thread I dug up. Get the silly straps and be done lol. No need for foam filler or loose batts or to tall that hold down wont hold down. I messed with the silly expander for a bit then took outta all 3 of my P4des at the time and went to straps. Now it doesnt matter the size its strapped down nice n tight!
    Last edited by Briber; 03-20-2018 at 12:18 AM.

RC Competitor
    It seems to me the only reason you would need the tall posts is if you run that Traxxas 10,000 mah battery. I have seen a few aftermarket batteries that also require it.