RC Enthusiast

Abnormal forward and reverse operation

I have the E-revo 2.0 and over the last 2 days I noticed that sometimes when I go into reverse It will not come out of reverse for at least three pumps on the Radio trigger. Sometimes I have to put it in reverse again then try to go forward and finally it will start to move again.

Today while driving it I noticed that Anytime I went into reverse It would happen. I removed the body and I didn't see any red lights while this process was happening. The low voltage feature was not kicking in either.

Has anyone else experience this. This is my first foray into Lipo powered Rc cars. I'm not sure if its an expected "Feature."

Any and all help is appreciated.

I noticed after heavy braking I would sometimes have to double pump the trigger to get it moving forward again. I didn't have the issue in reverse that I noticed.

RC Racer
    Put fully charged lipos in it and calibrate the esc. Fixed it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Will go ahead and try that.

RC Enthusiast
    So that seems to have resolve the issue however My batteries seem to die faster than my other truck. They are the same type of battery and were bought at the same time. Not sure how the other truck kept going and The Revo died.

The other truck ran for another good 15 minutes. Odd

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    So that seems to have resolve the issue however My batteries seem to die faster than my other truck. They are the same type of battery and were bought at the same time. Not sure how the other truck kept going and The Revo died.

The other truck ran for another good 15 minutes. Odd
    Yeah, it drains the batteries rather quickly.... I get half the runtime compared to my old Revo. When I run it with lighter truggy sized wheels, runtime is about the same though.

RC Enthusiast
    Man what a pain. After calibration it still continued to do it. Its pretty annoying to have it lifeless for like 10 seconds before it starts going again.

Apparently my only option is to send it in....Not happy at all.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Man what a pain. After calibration it still continued to do it. Its pretty annoying to have it lifeless for like 10 seconds before it starts going again.

Apparently my only option is to send it in....Not happy at all.
    Sorry to hear. Hope you get it sorted out quickly. Hopefully Traxxas will include some freebies when they send it back to you.

RC poster
    I am having the same issues, i did not try and re-calibrate the ESC but is going back to the hobby shop today for them to fix it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by catalano1979 View Post
    I am having the same issues, i did not try and re-calibrate the ESC but is going back to the hobby shop today for them to fix it.
    That's where mine is right now. Hopefully they can update the firmware or get Traxxas to replace it.

RC poster
    Sure hope so