RC Enthusiast

TRX4 Bronco 1st Run--1st Crawler

UH. MAZE. ING.

I love this truck! I will use the term "truck" when referring to it, because it's a truck...not a "rig". I have never once, heard anyone say "Be right back, I'm taking the rig down to the store." It's a truck/buggy/car...you don't sound cool calling your RC a "rig" Ok rant over LOL.

Crawling is SO COOL! It's such a different and amazing experience being up close and personal watching all the parts and tires and suspension working to get over the terrain at a pace you can actually follow along with. Fast RC's are fun, but pull the throttle and about 4 seconds later you have to turn the car around and bring it back to you. I dunno if my Rustler will ever get used again to be honest. Driving past myself at breakneck speeds for 25 min is kinda fun, but afterwards it's like....what now? Crawling is an entirely different experience. I wouldn't use the terms "adrenaline fueled" or "exciting", but it is FUN FUN FUN.

RC poster
    If your never heard the term 'rig' you havent experienced REAL off-roading. Literally everyone in my jeep community calls their jeep or whatever they own, be it a jeep, a Chevy pick up or a terrible box of bolts and 4 wheels.... anything a "rig".

To the true subject at hand, yes.... they truly are. I bought my first trx4 as the RTR defender and once it was available, bought the kit version too. They both are now "jeeps" but it is leaps and bounds over the comp. Be aware, the steering servo is a week point. Be mindful to not try turning while on a hard point while climbing, wait until the truck is moving..... oh and always have fun! When something breaks (stuff ALWAYS does) it is just an excuse to upgrade. Get creative, there is an endless amount of fun to be had!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SnottyPinapples; 03-17-2018 at 11:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon8 View Post
    UH. MAZE. ING.

I love this truck! I will use the term "truck" when referring to it, because it's a truck...not a "rig". I have never once, heard anyone say "Be right back, I'm taking the rig down to the store." It's a truck/buggy/car...you don't sound cool calling your RC a "rig" Ok rant over LOL.

Crawling is SO COOL! It's such a different and amazing experience being up close and personal watching all the parts and tires and suspension working to get over the terrain at a pace you can actually follow along with. Fast RC's are fun, but pull the throttle and about 4 seconds later you have to turn the car around and bring it back to you. I dunno if my Rustler will ever get used again to be honest. Driving past myself at breakneck speeds for 25 min is kinda fun, but afterwards it's like....what now? Crawling is an entirely different experience. I wouldn't use the terms "adrenaline fueled" or "exciting", but it is FUN FUN FUN.
    Hi

I had about the same experience, my first RC was a Stampede, really fun but only for a time and then bought a trx4, wow it's more of a challenge to be able to climb places that seems to be impossible, to be able to walk with it and use the cruise control.

I also think that I may never use my Stampede one day

Envoyé de mon LG-H831 en utilisant Tapatalk
    One Stampede and one TRX4

RC Enthusiast
    Cool stuff!!! I am already looking at different bodies for it. I love the Ford body, but variety is the spice of life and all. I'll definitely do the "break, then upgrade" routine. I imagine stuff breaks so much less often though on crawlers?

RC Racer
    Nice rig/truck you choose. Have fun with it and enjoy it.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

RC Competitor
    My favourite Rc is still my summit because it can bash, jump, and can crawl and go places that my scale trail trucks will never be unless I carry it there.

RC Racer
    Cool stuff!!! I am already looking at different bodies for it. I love the Ford body, but variety is the spice of life and all. I'll definitely do the "break, then upgrade" routine. I imagine stuff breaks so much less often though on crawlers?
    Not many people I know wait on buying upgrades. Just like any other RC most of them start with wheels and tires and it spreads quickly from there. This also depends on what you want the truck to do? Trails, scale, comps, shelf Queen, so on...

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

Would be cool if they made a 24th scale one to tinker around in the house with. About the time I wanted one, losi stopped making their small one and all the other small ones seem so cheaply made and weak. Would be nice to have a company like traxxas make one, then I'm sure there would be massive aftermarket support as well.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm fairly certain I'm going to change the gears out to make it just the low gear. I do like the ability to lock and unlock the diffs, but the higher speed isn't too useful for me. It looks kinda silly to me too driving around that fast...a 1:1 truck would break in half doing things like this one does at those speeds LOL. I can see how others enjoy it though. One less thing to break too .

Any word on that lift kit coming out? I want that too!

I'm fairly certain I'm going to change the gears out to make it just the low gear. I do like the ability to lock and unlock the diffs, but the higher speed isn't too useful for me. It looks kinda silly to me too driving around that fast...a 1:1 truck would break in half doing things like this one does at those speeds LOL. I can see how others enjoy it though. One less thing to break too .
    I can see what you mean by looking silly driving at those speeds while just standing in one location, however, today I commented to myself while walking on a trail that 1st gear is just too slow (I do run the 9t pinion though), I would have to peg full throttle & listen to that little motor scream its head off, lol. Meanwhile, in 2nd gear, the truck can trot right along at whatever pace I choose and it stays out from under foot, at lower rpm's, saving wear on the brushes.

Any word on that lift kit coming out? I want that too!
    Something that I have learned about Traxxas... you just have to be patient when it comes to new factory options & accessories!

RC Enthusiast
    Nice! I totally understand that "little motor screaming it's head off" hahaha. 2nd gear is useful in some situations thats for sure. I was worried about the extra breakable parts, but thats just life. If and when a servo or linkage cable breaks big deal...just fix it. At least thats my mentality as of now. Random question, hopefully someone reads this as I don't want to create another thread. I REALLY want a better steering servo, but I'm not too keen with the whole BEC thing. Can I hook up a MMX ESC and use it with the stock motor? That way no worries about a new servo, and if I want to go brushless in the future I'm all set.

Nice! I totally understand that "little motor screaming it's head off" hahaha. 2nd gear is useful in some situations thats for sure. I was worried about the extra breakable parts, but thats just life. If and when a servo or linkage cable breaks big deal...just fix it. At least thats my mentality as of now. Random question, hopefully someone reads this as I don't want to create another thread. I REALLY want a better steering servo, but I'm not too keen with the whole BEC thing. Can I hook up a MMX ESC and use it with the stock motor? That way no worries about a new servo, and if I want to go brushless in the future I'm all set.
    You shouldn't have any issues with a new servo. Just so long as it's not crazy powerful. If it does start to brownout though, sometimes a glitchbuster will fix your problem. Just plug it into the receiver and you're all good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Would be cool if they made a 24th scale one to tinker around in the house with. About the time I wanted one, losi stopped making their small one and all the other small ones seem so cheaply made and weak. Would be nice to have a company like traxxas make one, then I'm sure there would be massive aftermarket support as well.
    I would think 1/18 or 1/16 would be better. More capable but still small. I was thinking about something like that for this next winter to build a crawler run in my basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk