RC Enthusiast

MM2 bec programing

Hello, I thought on the MM2 you can change the BEC output ? if so where is it on castle link bc I can't find it anywhere. Right now I have a savox 1258 with a glitch buster. I'm horrible at soldering so if I can go without putting in an external BEC that would be great

RC Racer
    If you connect it to a pc you can adjust all that. The castle link card only scratches the surface of things you can adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I did connect it to pc. I'm not seeing the setting anywhere. Can you point me to where it should be. thanks
    Last edited by cliffr17; 03-18-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Just go though the different TABs you'll see it, but you shouldn't change any of the stock electronics anyway. It's just a waste of money, unless you bought a roller. If you have to change something, I'd go with the ESC way before the servo.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr17 View Post
    I did connect it to pc. I'm not seeing the setting anywhere. Can you point me to where it should be. thanks
    Go to the 4th tab, ďAdvancedĒ. Youíll see it on the very bottom. I set mine to 6.0V. Donít select anything higher that might fry your servo or receiver! Stock setting was 5.0V.

Hello, I thought on the MM2 you can change the BEC output ? if so where is it on castle link bc I can't find it anywhere. Right now I have a savox 1258 with a glitch buster. I'm horrible at soldering so if I can go without putting in an external BEC that would be great
    Can't imagine you'd need or benefit from a glitch buster on a lipo rig with that esc, I thought the MM2 BEC put out 5A.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    . .

I don't have that setting and according to pic it is a mm2. so I don't know
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Can't imagine you'd need or benefit from a glitch buster on a lipo rig with that esc, I thought the MM2 BEC put out 5A.

I have a savox servo needs 6v
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Just go though the different TABs you'll see it, but you shouldn't change any of the stock electronics anyway. It's just a waste of money, unless you bought a roller. If you have to change something, I'd go with the ESC way before the servo.
    Have 1/5 tires and savox servo. Not looking for straight runs so better steering is what I wanted.
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

RC Racer
    . .

I don't have that setting and according to pic it is a mm2. so I don't know
    Ah, ok. Itís a XO-1 MM2. That explains it. Itís locked from Traxxas. The ďTraxxas link enabledĒ icon is a dead give away. You have to unlock your esc via Traxxas blutooth module first, then re flash it to the latest castle firmware and then youíre good to go. I do not know how that works exactly, but was reason enough not to buy one myself but get a MM2 from my lhs instead.

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks! I'll give that a try. I could've swore it was unlocked already. Bought it used. so I'll check again. When you say reflash is that through the traxxas link app?
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

RC Racer
    ok thanks! I'll give that a try. I could've swore it was unlocked already. Bought it used. so I'll check again. When you say reflash is that through the traxxas link app?
    As I said before, Iím not sure. Tried to buy one on ebay, seller said it needed to be unlocked through Traxxas link somehow, so It could then accept the latest castle firmware through castle link. If you search on google a few Traxxas forum pages will pop up. Check with folks on here that used the XO-1 esc in other trucks and such.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    As I said before, I’m not sure. Tried to buy one on ebay, seller said it needed to be unlocked through Traxxas link somehow, so It could then accept the latest castle firmware through castle link. If you search on google a few Traxxas forum pages will pop up. Check with folks on here that used the XO-1 esc in other trucks and such.

just checked and it was unlocked. so idk. I emailed castle hopefully they'll have an answer
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

I have a savox servo needs 6v
    Was only mentioning the lack of a need for the glitch buster cap due to the mm2 putting out 5A @6V if you change the voltage setting. So, the cap probably isn't really needed, just one more thing to jam in your receiver box.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Was only mentioning the lack of a need for the glitch buster cap due to the mm2 putting out 5A @6V if you change the voltage setting. So, the cap probably isn't really needed, just one more thing to jam in your receiver box.
    I know itís not really needed, but I do have a big motor fan as well so it canít hurt to have it.
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

my mm-2 esc would not accept the computer link & would not program manually . anyone have this problem ? .......... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

my question is - when & why would I need a Castle 10 Amp CC BEC ? if it is just for the servo ? ..... thanks .. steve

RC Qualifier
    Yes many people run them for that reason. To be able to supply a good amperage and high voltage to servos. Some of the big torque servos require larger voltage.

thank you . all I have to do is get it to run ............