RC Racer

what upgrades for my 8s xmaxx?

Alright so i have ran mine for 20 minutes and already noticed 2 things, 1 the ESC is jittery and cuts off. i have a Hobbywing max6 on order now so that should take care of that. ill send the traxxas one in for replacment and keep it for a spare. The second thing i noticed was the steering seemed to bind up when turning. Im not sure if that is the servo being under powerd or something else.

So what other upgrades do i need to do other then the ESC. thanks.

RC Qualifier
    8s Xmaxx is hooked up an Happy w/20/46 gears
    Nothing needed
    Could;
    Change shock spring rate and oil
    > different sets of tires
    Spare sets of inner hub bearings
    Battery strap mod
    different pinion/spur gears
    Modify an thrash
    ETC

Just get out there and play
    fabricator

Do you have the bluetooth adaptor so you can update the ESC’s frimware? I guess its not needed since you have a Hobby Wing on the way but that should have resolved any bugs or jitters. The truck has run very well for me in its stock form for a year now. It really shouldnt “need” anything
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Do you have the bluetooth adaptor so you can update the ESC’s frimware? I guess its not needed since you have a Hobby Wing on the way but that should have resolved any bugs or jitters. The truck has run very well for me in its stock form for a year now. It really shouldnt “need” anything
    I don’t have a Bluetooth adapter but I did link the remote to my phone and when I installed the Traxxas app it said there was a firmware update for the system. I’m not sure if that was for the esc or just remote and receiver. What adapter are you referring to?

RC Qualifier
    This would be what NYbandit33 would be referring to.https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...xxaslinkmodule

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post
    This would be what NYbandit33 would be referring to.https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...xxaslinkmodule
    Ok then I’m set. It came with that already installed. I don’t have any sensors though. That will be later on down the road.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but if you do all the fireware updates you won't need any of those additional sensors the up dates included those.

You will have speed, RPM, ESC voltage, ESC temp, motor temp, BEC voltage. You need the wire taps to get battery voltage.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    So installed the max6 esc last night with no issues. Just need to put the connectors on for the battery’s and fire it up.