What fits the new E-Revo

Being that there is no parts support yet is there any center driveshafts currently out that fit the new E-Revo? Snapped mine yesterday and I'm trying to find one that will work. Any ideas, suggestions or possible fixes? I called Traxxas and they said the old ones won't work on the new revo.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Old erevo plastic driveshafts will fit. Better solution are the Summit driveshafts. With some tinkering an easy fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The center shafts? Not the wheel axles, just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Okay, took it apart and it looks like they are the same. Also, either Traxxas engineered a breaking point in this thing or I had a rock inside grinding down the drive shaft. Have a look and let me know what you think

Traxxas Employee
    The new and old driveshafts are not the same. Compare the yokes. The new ones are thicker and stronger. You could physically install the old driveshafts but we don't recommend it. Remember that you no longer have a slipper clutch taking up driveline shock. The old driveshafts may not handle the extra torque.

This is true, I went and looked at the LHS, the new ones are beefier. But, when it comes down to running her or not, I purchased them. I hope Traxxas gets parts distribution soon, don't know how long these will last

RC Competitor
    You may need to block a gap under the transmission to keep gravel out.

RC Racer

What fits the new E-Revo

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Okay, took it apart and it looks like they are the same. Also, either Traxxas engineered a breaking point in this thing or I had a rock inside grinding down the drive shaft. Have a look and let me know what you think
    🤣 funny. I had the same issue. Little stone or something got inside the skidplate and chewed up the driveshaft. I replaced that piece from a summit driveaxle.
    The old revo driveshafts look wimpy compared to the centershaft of the new revo. As someone above mentioned the yoke tabs are much beefier. Also, the plastic seems to be more like a Magpul type polymer. Less flex, denser, and feels like it us glass fiber infused or something. When you cut or grind on it, I kid you not, it smells, feels and looks like Magpul plastic. Which is in my opinion the best in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dronenewbie; 03-19-2018 at 05:24 PM.

For now, after trying to get the knuckle off the broken one, I have a bunch of new axles in a box. I put it in just so it's not sitting on the shelf. I imagine it won't hold up too long