RC poster

Revo 2.0 front driveshaft broke

Hello anyone have an upgrade for the 2.0 driveshafts yet?? Broke front shaft on mine tonight driving around in asphalt parking lot. Tons of torque on this thing! Steel shafts a must!!
    https://pin.it/mwj3gad7wns7rf
    Last edited by cjcrete; 03-19-2018 at 08:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcrete View Post
    Hello anyone have an upgrade for the 2.0 driveshafts yet?? Broke front shaft at home on mine tonight driving around in asphalt parking lot. Tons of torque on this thing! Steel shafts a must!!
    I was very surprised to see plastic in the centers. Especially considering it's got a center diff.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Summit axle shafts. Stronger than the stock centers, nice metal cvd ends. Itís what I used on mine after my rear center driveshaft had a close encounter with a pebble or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Good to see someone is making performance parts already. Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Summit axle shafts. Stronger than the stock centers, nice metal cvd ends. Itís what I used on mine after my rear center driveshaft had a close encounter with a pebble or something.

Excuse the question because I am newly getting back into rc's but is there anything special that you have to do to make them fit?

RC Qualifier
    i personally always liked the plastic driveshafts. i never had any issues with the center drive shafts on the old e revo with 6s. however now that the outer driveshafts are steel the centerdriveshafts may be a bit more exposed to the peak loads in the drivetrain.

nevertheless i still like the idea of the plastic center driveshafts as some kind of "last line of defense" against peak loads of energy in the driveline. when you land accidentally with throttle or brakes after a jump on heavy grip terrain (grass e.g.) something has to give. and i would rather replace a cheap 5$ center driveshaft than replacing the whole differential.

however if those center driveshafts would "break" permanently even without heavy peak load impact that wouldn't be too nice. but still if you replace them with steelshafts you are just shifting the breakingpoint to the next weak component whatever that may be.

bye
    rhylsadar
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Excuse the question because I am newly getting back into rc's but is there anything special that you have to do to make them fit?
    Nope. Only if you plan to replace the front center cvd, then you need to shorten them to make them fit.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Nope. Only if you plan to replace the front center cvd, then you need to shorten them to make them fit.

By shortening do you mean cutting them and do you think the items from GPM would fit ? Seems like a lot of stuff has changed in a way but older E-revo stuff still fits.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    By shortening do you mean cutting them and do you think the items from GPM would fit ? Seems like a lot of stuff has changed in a way but older E-revo stuff still fits.
    Yep. Just cut them. I donít know if GPM stuff will fit. Can only tell you what I replaced.

RC Racer
    I saw someone on facebook that had MIP's. He must moded a set to fit.