Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    nice back, i lke the way that looks. what is that piece?
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    Think the cold make them break off?
    45-50mph barrel rolls and flips knocked that off.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoSauce View Post
    Did your body get ďsmokedĒ due to the cold cracking it or just bumps and bruises?

I took most my scale stuff off and added some panels to the back.

That's a good idea. The body got killed from sliding on the asphalt forever a couple times, also traction rolls on the pavement. Stood up pretty well to some serious abuse though.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Competitor
    Okay, just wondering because thicker bodies can shatter when cold. It's paper plates cut to size and painted flat black. I used the existing holes in the roll cage and trapped some under the spare tires. I think a louvered piece would look sweet down the middle but would block access to the roll cage I use to pick up the truck.

RC Racer
    Decided to tear down my truck and found another broken part. Now that iv had it for a little over a week, I canít believe how much has broke. Itís like after every time itís something new. No that I have a list Iím calling traxxas cause this is ridiculous. Iv never owned a truck so fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Too much droop and no droop adjustment. Front? But have you owned a Traxxas before?

got a picture of the tires where they broke?
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Too much droop and no droop adjustment. Front? But have you owned a Traxxas before?
    I had a slash for a couple months and other then bent shock shafts never had a problem but didnít own it very long

Huh? That should have engineered into the program. These guys are driving them like i stole them and you are seeing first gen gremlins. Hopefully they will have solutiins for you guys soon.

RC Racer
    You know when they were testing they knew the problems, how could they not. I guess just to cheap to make the changes. I know there is no such thing as the perfect rc but come on, when you charge $750 we shouldnít be having these problems

RC Competitor
    Mac, It’s a suspension abjustment I’ve seen on 1/8 nitro buggies. I’m pretty happy with mine but I’ve been taking it easy.

"Sending" a 13 lb rig is bound to cause harm, maybe RPM will quickly get some flexi stuff out there soon to help with that. (Then onther stuff bends) Personally I think the plastic they are using can only handle so many stress cycles then it gives up the ghost. My 10 lb buggy ran OEM Jato front arms. Worked flawlessly until about the 10th pack in the car, then they would break like clockwork. Got tired of that and made metal ones. I'd expect Traxxas to have aluminum upgrades shortly, as will the aftermarket crowd. Its nice to be first to own, but....... So what is the tally on broken stuff so far?

for me so far... broken upper a-arm - front portion cracked clean....still...works.... MacFab come visit us at the track next Saturday i'll let ya run it a little bit. lol.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    "Sending" a 13 lb rig is bound to cause harm, maybe RPM will quickly get some flexi stuff out there soon to help with that. (Then onther stuff bends) Personally I think the plastic they are using can only handle so many stress cycles then it gives up the ghost. My 10 lb buggy ran OEM Jato front arms. Worked flawlessly until about the 10th pack in the car, then they would break like clockwork. Got tired of that and made metal ones. I'd expect Traxxas to have aluminum upgrades shortly, as will the aftermarket crowd. Its nice to be first to own, but....... So what is the tally on broken stuff so far?
    I drive all my trucks/cars as if they are in a video game and i can reset when i smash it to bits. I find it remarkable the amount of abuse this truck has put up with since i bought it. I have only broken a rear arm and a front lower control arm. Scratches and broken body are all part of it if you ask me. This truck is heavy and super fast, things will break. The joy it brings is worth the cheap replaceable parts.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Competitor

I made some links last night to make it a Hardtail UDR for novelty. The rear is extended fully. Itís pretty weak looking so no jumping. I havenít drove it yet.

RC Competitor
    I took the hardtail links off my UDR after a test run.

RC Racer

Added a little detail yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Dionisi View Post
    Nice, very nice. TLR wheels are better looking than the Methods that come on the Rigid truck. Hit those oil bottles next.

Tango, love the stickers in your pic, especially the warning one!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Nice, very nice. TLR wheels are better looking than the Methods that come on the Rigid truck. Hit those oil bottles next.

Tango, love the stickers in your pic, especially the warning one!!!
    Thanks, yea thats the next move. Going to start with the fire extinguisher first and then the oil bottles. Still figuring out brush sizes and paints as i am not an experienced painter.

RC Competitor
    That's looking crazy good Dionisi!

Thanks, Mac I found it on eBay. It's on my charger box.

I had a great time 6s owning a playground yesterday with mine. Nothing like rooster tails at 40-45mph while jamming across three soccer fields. A few long drifts rubbing the rear bumper were nice. I gave some bystanders one my best preformances.

RC Racer
    Called traxxas today and they are sending out all the stuff Iv broken. Thatís why I try and only buy from the bigger brands because they have awesome customer support. I think Iím going to make some limiting straps for the front or maybe take a dremel to the outdrives. Does anybody know what weight shock oil or diff fluid it takes? The guy at traxxas didnít know and he couldnít find any info on it. I topped the shocks off with 35w but I want to rebuild all 8 and do the front and center diff. He said 30k was what the usually use but wasnít sure.

RC Racer
    I believe all the oil weights are mentioned in the manual.

RC Racer
    They are no where in the manual

RC Enthusiast
    It’s in the manual. Shocks, page 27 - Front 30wt, rear 60wt. Differential, page 30 - front diff 30k.

made a jumps and crashes video out of my udr videos...

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    So if you read the paper included with the truck that says "This truck was designed with a realistic driving experience in mind" you would not break anything. That's why Traxxas isn't sending parts. The truck is not a basher. It's a beautiful truck that works and hits 50mph.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Racer
    Have you ever seen what a class 8 truck looks like when/if it finishes a race? When I called traxxas they were more then happy to send out parts and I told them exactly how I use it. The point is after spend $750 on a truck it shouldnít break every other time out. The swaybar is more like a wire and the out drive and dogbone issue is a joke. They should have caught that one.

Use has an effect on how and when any product breaks. Price, be it 75Ę or $750, does not.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Back end looks like it swings out quite easy???
    Thankfully! That's the way it should behave.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Use has an effect on how and when any product breaks. Price, be it 75Ę or $750, does not.
    Bingo!

Buying a first run product leaves you open to experiencing issues. When will people realize that?

Second, some of the trucks with broken parts looked abused already.

RC Racer
    I know they donít like when we mention other brands but my Baja rey has been the most reliable racer/basher I have ever owned and Iím not easy on it. Itís got a few mods but when all the others are broken itís always ready to go. I will put it up against any slash or senton.

RC Racer
    This shouldnít happen after only 10-12 packs. This is just a bad design.

RC Racer

Thats why I hate dog bones. Someone needs to see if e revo axles work at the hubs, while clearing the arms, and if so, modify the stockers or machine 6mm output flanges for the front diff. Those are made for abuse. So you lost 10 scale points......

RC Racer
    I plan on taking a dremel to them and I think I should be good after that, I hope.

Burnt out and bored, haven't drove the UDR since sunday,

nothing really wrong with it, just being lazy.

Its still muddy too.

hopefully get some motivation for the weekend.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    At least you have one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    Burnt out and bored, haven't drove the UDR since sunday,

nothing really wrong with it, just being lazy.

Its still muddy too.

hopefully get some motivation for the weekend.
    Sadly Richard, I can't be your motivation this weekend, finishing up a 1:1 Sat am then going testing on Sunday, somewhere in Johnson Valley. When we do hook up to drive, we'll be shooting whoop videos.

RC Racer
    After seeing YouTube video of how much sand gets in the front and rear diffs I tore mine down and luckily no sand and I was surprised how much grease was in there. I also saw where one of my steering knuckles is cracked. One more thing to add to the list of broken stuff and I didnít even run it this week. If anybody wants a deal on a lightly used UDR hit me up. I will fix everything that is broke on truck before selling it.

RC Competitor

That looks great. Can I ask what paint you used, please? Thanks.

Cory

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    That looks great. Can I ask what paint you used, please? Thanks.

Cory
    Sure its a chrome marker. The brand is molotow. It comes in a 1mm pen and 2mm pen sizes. I used the 1mm. Its pretty amazing stuff actually. Comes out like mirror chrome and so easy to apply on bolts etc.

For the tires i experimented with red testors laquer and blue acyrlic. Suprisingly its easy to paint the lettering since the letters are raised outline and the paint just pools slowly but it is so tedious and takes patience. Ill try and take a pic of the tool i used but it looked like a plastic pick with a fuzzy tip. Credit goes to a youtuber for the chrome pen.

RC Competitor
    Sure its a chrome marker. The brand is molotow. It comes in a 1mm pen and 2mm pen sizes. I used the 1mm. Its pretty amazing stuff actually. Comes out like mirror chrome and so easy to apply on bolts etc.

For the tires i experimented with red testors laquer and blue acyrlic. Suprisingly its easy to paint the lettering since the letters are raised outline and the paint just pools slowly but it is so tedious and takes patience. Ill try and take a pic of the tool i used but it looked like a plastic pick with a fuzzy tip. Credit goes to a youtuber for the chrome pen.
    Thanks!!

I went for the tires using a super small brush and some paint I had. Looks good but might need another coat. I'm only doing the rear mounted spares as the drive wheels would be too much to keep up with. Did the bolts on the radiator and fan with a silver sharpie and looks good enough for me.

Thanks for your advice.

Cory

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast