Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Did that battery drop right in.....I had a SMC battery that wouldn't fit.....about 1mm to wise....so I got the traxxas 6700 4s that fits like a glove.

The original bracket I have not modified yet. But will try. Its just too tall and blocks the battery from sliding in. But yes, it fits great. The other bracket only covers the 4s plug and sit more forward adding even more room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

RC Qualifier
    #2 udr rear drive shaft failed today
    #6 spent shaft so far

Pay to Play
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    rear drive shaft failed today
    luckily each truck comes with a spare!

RC Competitor
    Tried to race around a ball diamond......but rain killed that idea....

RC Racer
    Been trying my hand at painting a clear UDR body for the past several evenings. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I have about 4 cans of white pait on there and still have a few spots that when held up to the light look a little translucent. I watched so videos the other night before I started and several made mention that your done when you hold it up to light and cant see through it anymore. None were paining sold gloss white, so maybe that is difference. Hopefully I will finish painting tonight and finally get started on the sticker process tomorrow night.

I doubt I try this whole painting custom UDR truck bodies again anytime soon. LOL
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC poster
    picked up an SMC True Spec Premium 14.8V 7400mAh 149Amps/90C battery, but it's 1mm too wide. bummer, because I even emailed them asking if it would fit the UDR.

RC Competitor

Won't fit

Quote Originally Posted by snou52 View Post
    picked up an SMC True Spec Premium 14.8V 7400mAh 149Amps/90C battery, but it's 1mm too wide. bummer, because I even emailed them asking if it would fit the UDR.
    I bought the same one.....and didn't fit......I was told to force it in....but if it swelled.....I was S.O.L....so I chose to send it back....and got a Traxxas 6700 4s.....there is a SMC battery that will fit....but it ain't cheap.....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
    I bought the same one.....and didn't fit......I was told to force it in....but if it swelled.....I was S.O.L....so I chose to send it back....and got a Traxxas 6700 4s.....there is a SMC battery that will fit....but it ain't cheap.....

Yeah, you're exactly right. I'm sending mine back as well. I re-order'd their: True Spec Premium 14.8V 7200mAh 149Amps/90C with G10 plates

Hopefully that one fits. The specs say it's slightly slimmer. I'll keep you guys posted!

I looked into the Traxxas ones, but i'd also need to get a charger too...any good online prices for those? they seem pretty expensive too.

RC Competitor
    They sell an adapter so you can charge the new ID battery.....I made one....lol

RC poster
    beach rips right before a storm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbcaEAjvBwg

RC Qualifier
    Hit the track all morning with foudub today
    really enjoying the handling of the
    blue strip springs on front an the
    green strip springs on the rear

Way Happy Laps
    Just get out there and play
    fabricator

RC poster
    Yeah, you're exactly right. I'm sending mine back as well. I re-order'd their: True Spec Premium 14.8V 7200mAh 149Amps/90C with G10 plates

Hopefully that one fits. The specs say it's slightly slimmer. I'll keep you guys posted!

I looked into the Traxxas ones, but i'd also need to get a charger too...any good online prices for those? they seem pretty expensive too.
    Just to report back, the SMC True Spec Premium 14.8V 7200mAh 149Amps/90C with G10 plates battery fits great in the UDR. Battery has great punch compared to others I've had, and the price is cheaper than others. We'll see how it holds up!

UDR is down for the count right now...broken front sway bar and broken front drive axle. Been having a ton of fun with it at the track.

Happy RCing!
    Last edited by snou52; 09-30-2018 at 06:55 PM.

RC Competitor

run time

Just to report back, the SMC True Spec Premium 14.8V 7200mAh 149Amps/90C with G10 plates battery fits great in the UDR. Battery has great punch compared to others I've had, and the price is cheaper than others. We'll see how it holds up!

UDR is down for the count right now...broken front sway bar and broken front drive axle. Been having a ton of fun with it at the track.

Happy RCing!
    What's your run time.....I have the traxxas 6700 4s.....kinda want to compare run times.

RC poster
    What's your run time.....I have the traxxas 6700 4s.....kinda want to compare run times.
    I'll let you know the next time I get out to the track. Broke my front axle the last time I was out, so didn't get a full run in.

RC poster
    Traxxas part #5639 34 tooth pinion.

RC poster
    Here's some onboard footage from a UDR race at my home track. Be sure to choose the 720p/ 60fps option for the best video quality. https://youtu.be/tbX2X2aBhlI

RC poster
    I've got a few runs on the battery now. I think i'm getting about 40mins of run time on the track. varied throttle, with WOT bursts here and there. I'm pretty satisfied with the battery. fits great. SMC kept trying to upsell me to their 10,000mah battery, but it was 10oz more in weight. I figured the 7200mah with the lesser weight would be better for jumps and handling at the track. I'm trying to hold off on buying another one lol

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    out bashing the UDR and other trucks today with crazyxmaxx. I managed to fry my 5th servo.

another 2075x bites the dust. I am on my 5th fried servo. (read as servo that had its fuse burn out)

Before that I managed about 5 minute run with my new paddle tires. Got paddles for my UDR and my LaTrax Prerunner.

need new servo...… gonna be swaping out ESC/Receiver, and see if that is what is burning my servos. Traxxas was nice enough to replace my first burnt up 2075x, I dont wanna take advantage of them, but I feel I need to let them know what their electronics are doing.

I didnt manage to get any pictures of crazy's UDR.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

servo #6 went into the udr.

just another traxxas 2075x

bashing at the track today.

rolled it down the mountain again, didnt get it on film, and nothing was broken. still running strong. lol paddles on my fox udr. big clouds.

running minis.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Number 4 servo has failed in #1 udr
    breaking in it's 2nd rear axle

udr's will give you the planetary blues

Beat'em real good
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    1 rear rim failed yesterday
    broken at the hub

they take a real beating
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Hit the track all morning with foudub today
    really enjoying the handling of the
    blue strip springs on front an the
    green strip springs on the rear

Way Happy Laps
    Just get out there and play
    Hey crazy, was curious about the difference with those spring. I am adding weight to my truck with alloy parts and stainless screws, so i did order those springs you have figuring i would need them. What oils are you using?
    Do you notice the small bumps being much harsher, also when taking off from a dig does is still squat in the back?
    I imagine jumping will feel better and also improved turning as it leans over less? Glad you posted about them, haven't seen people commenting on these springs.

RC Competitor

I just read somewhere that the G10 battery does fit. Thats the best battery in 6s I've seen, awesome C rating and much more MAH. If i didn't order 2 batterys already i would definitely be ordering those.
    I searched for a long time trying to find the biggest battery and after days of looking at sizes and good C rating I found
    a 6s ROARINGTOP 5500mAh 70c. It fits perfectly and these batteries are fantastic ,we run them in the boats and they are a true test for batteries as the draw is constant with hulls and props, they also were the winning battery at the nationals this year.
    That said I would go with what you got for run time. Please post back about the run time, very interested to here, good luck with it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJoe View Post
    Here's some onboard footage from a UDR race at my home track. Be sure to choose the 720p/ 60fps option for the best video quality. https://youtu.be/tbX2X2aBhlI
    Hey Tom, nice driving, truck seemed to work very good and you had nice lines. A class of these would be great, I hope they have a class by me this summer. What kind of setup have you done for this track, if you don't mind sharing. Temps ok after the race, also curious if you have played with upper rear link adjustment? I read last night it helps with rear driveshaft temps as it takes extreme angle away from the driveshaft, it effects anti squat/roll center. Nice clear video, txs for sharing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR300x View Post
    Hey crazy, was curious about the difference with those spring. I am adding weight to my truck with alloy parts and stainless screws, so i did order those springs you have figuring i would need them. What oils are you using?
    Do you notice the small bumps being much harsher, also when taking off from a dig does is still squat in the back?
    I imagine jumping will feel better and also improved turning as it leans over less? Glad you posted about them, haven't seen people commenting on these springs.
    udr's seem to handle better with stronger springs
    less body roll - easier to save from rolling over = barrel roll
    > rear diff Needed - with 1 million wt diff oil
    stock shock fluid 30wt in the front and 60wt in the rear
    not much rear body squat on take off - no spare tires run/used

from start to finish
    Go Traxxas
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    udr's seem to handle better with stronger springs
    less body roll - easier to save from rolling over = barrel roll
    > rear diff Needed - with 1 million wt diff oil
    stock shock fluid 30wt in the front and 60wt in the rear
    not much rear body squat on take off - no spare tires run/used

from start to finish
    Go Traxxas
    Txs crazy, have the springs on order, can't wait to try them out. I will try the 30 weight oil to.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJoe View Post
    Perfect. Now take the basic equivalent footprint of that track, delete the perfect groomed conditions for a bunch of straight and off axis whoops, add a sand section, a section of marble sized rocks, some off camber surfaces, a couple technical areas and you have scale desert racing. Get about 10 trucks running at once, at say 10 second starting intervals. Rally tracker with check points, all timed, distance or laps. Run for a half hour, tracking everyone's time, then trucks off the track, only to reverse the travel direction. You have to pit/refuel at least once. Time penalties for rollovers.

Great video!!!! Gives the same "fix" watching as viewing the latest Baja 1k videos. Where is my car, I need to drive!

Running everything at the track on sunday.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

here is a picture of crazyxmaxx's tire he broke.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    shock oil change;
    80w in rear dampeners
    60w in rear shocks
    50w in front shocks and dampeners on #1

40w front and 60w rear on #2

last video was ran with very low black shock fluid

kinda bouncy
    fabricator

RC Competitor

broken rim

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    here is a picture of crazyxmaxx's tire he broke.

Just like the pro....when the rim breaks off......lol

RC Competitor
    shock oil change;
    80w in rear dampeners
    60w in rear shocks
    50w in front shocks and dampeners on #1

40w front and 60w rear on #2

last video was ran with very low black shock fluid

kinda bouncy
    Crazy if you try a bigger hole piston that will help with the kinda bouncy .

out bashing the udrs, xmaxx, and others at the track today.

crazy wore out a lower arm.

I took my udr apart and trying to figure out a way to make it temporarily into a dragster.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Champion
    Threw some DSM bearings in, HR aluminum front driveshaft/planetary housing, and did a little greasing all around the drivetrain. Made it 10mins before i ended up breaking the lower front bumper.
    Retired RC'r till funds can be found...:(

Sold my UDR today.

I will be getting a new one hopefully in January. Cost of old + sale of few other parts, will hopefully net me enough for the new one. if not only a few bucks out of pocket on top of the proceeds for a new one.

I think this route is cheaper for me, than buying all new parts.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    If you want a brand new in the box rigid for cheap let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

out with crazyxmaxx

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor

lost pin in drive shaft

#2 udr rear drive shaft failed today
    #6 spent shaft so far

Pay to Play
    Had my UDR out today.....was having a blast.....til pin in drive shaft fell out.....whats the part # for this.....don't need another drive shaft.....just the pin...lol

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast