RC Racer

Battery charging

Ok, so got the new Bronco and did the balance charge. Ran the truck for about 45 mins the first timeout but not since. Am I right to assume there is still an equal amount of run time charge on it? Also, how do you determine if the battery is low enough on charge to be able to charge it again? I'm thinking that if i were to charge it with some charge still there it will top it off. I still have some older Tamiya RC's but they use the old type battery and what with the cost of these I want to get the most out of it. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Are you using a lipo? When the ESC is set in lipo mode it has auto low-voltage detection so when it is hit stop driving.

You can charge the battery at any point of charge as it does not have a memory like the nicd batteries of old. Just be sure that if you store the lipo for some time that you charge to a storage voltage of 3.8v per cell.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Yes its a lipo. It only has 40 mins of run time on the full balance charge so I can add to the current charge then, correct? Like top it off. Thanks.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
    Yes its a lipo. It only has 40 mins of run time on the full balance charge so I can add to the current charge then, correct? Like top it off. Thanks.

Mike
    If you bought it new the manual has alot of info on it. You have the lipo charger manual as well I assume some good info is in their as well on how to set the lvc on esc and how to maximize the life of both the truck and the batteries for it.
    You can recharge a Lipo at any point when using it, if it becomes warm or hot let it cool first though before charging.
    Living life.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post

Mike
    I am confused...

Are you asking can you charge the battery without fully draining it... the answer is yes, this will not hurt the battery.....

Not putting the battery at storage level if not using the battery for 3 days or longer will/might damage the battery.

RC Racer
    That answered my question. Thanks RcManChild.