RC Enthusiast

Will these batteries fit in my Summit?

I found these floureons and I am thinking of getting them. I was gonna order them so but I noticed that the connectors stick out of the top. I am not sure that will work with the summits battery compartments. Anyone know if it will? Thanks!

http://https://m.gearbest.com/battery/pp_643136.html

RC Enthusiast
    https://m.gearbest.com/battery/pp_643136.html

Sorry first link didn't work

Those battery dimensions are

. Battery Dimension: 138.50*47.00*25.00mm / 5.45*1.85*0.98inch

The summit demesions are

But your batter have the wiring exiting from the top. May have to remove or modify the battery compartair fins to have the fit well.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks! I'll try this and I'll tell you what happens

RC Enthusiast
    I tried these mate and i can tell you they dont fit. Also 0ne of them was a dud. The wires have plugs on the end to push into the battery and the top of the plug (where the heatshrink is) will not fit in the summits battery compartment. Also the plugs are so far apart when in the battery, taking out the vent will make no difference.

Its a bit easier when the battery comes wired because you have the flexability of the wires and no plugs.

RC Enthusiast
    I think they would work okay if you got some 90 degree connectors like this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=90+de...2UEVLd_BJ9h0M:

Or... do this nice little modification and never worry about needing 2 batts or batt size again. Used black button head screws to hold straps and on outside of body going through the black headache rack you hardly even notice them.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    Would'nt this mod alter the center of gravity? On steep inclines the model might tip backwards more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    Would'nt this mod alter the center of gravity? On steep inclines the model might tip backwards more easily.
    Im sure it does but not enough to affect handling and its used to pull my Spartan. Sitting or backing down a steep inclined bank to put boat in water and its never lifted front or pulling it out and 4x4ing up steep hill, through wooded common ground area to my yard, it just digs in and eats up the uneven ruts in dirt and over sticks n small logs while heavy trailer is in tow. (Trailer has boat, 4 - 9k mah 2s batts and tx packed in hull of boat and a kids fishing pole with 4 weights wrapped in rubber strapped to side it). Has never rolled or lifted front end so Id say thats proof enough the cog has not significantly changed.
    Now if Im just going out to bash or rock crawl Summit Ill use batt compartments. I have a 2batt in to 1esc adater made up for speed runner I use so I dont have to pop tabs outta plug and make back in to a series connection with esc power wires.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 04-01-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...