RC poster

new to me summit

Hello all. Recently I sold my rustler that I've had for over 15 years and thought I was getting out of RC. Well ever since I sold it I haven't stopped thinking about them and recently I came across an eBay ad and kinda spur of the moment bid.... Well I won. Below is the description listed in the ad and they weren't kidding, the truck flipping flies. I've only put 1 discharge through the batteries and the lipo being puffed has me worried so I ordered new SMC batteries (4s so hopefully things last longer).

Reading a bit it seems the weak link is gonna be the diffs. Running 6s its only a matter of time before they die. the only thing that's given me any grief so far is the remote locking diffs randomly don't switch. then 5 minutes later they work fine. Thinking maybe that's due to the transmitter batteries being low.

I'm very excited to have this rig as it seems to be exactly what I want in an RC. An all around rig that's got good speed. good crawling. and decent durability. Something I can have lots of fun with my Nephews when we go camping.

Up for auction is a used Traxxas 1/10 scale 4x4 Brushless Summit RC. This truck is for expert RC drivers only, not a beginners truck. I put a MXL-6s Castle ESC and Brushless motor from an E-revo on this truck and it flat out fly's. It still has the locking diffs and transmission switch. All the channels on the radio work, and all the servos do too. Has working lights, and the ESC has a cooling fan. I just put new A arms, body posts, and 17mm wheel hubs on this. The body is in excellent condition. The tires are a little dirty but good. The motor has a dent in the can, but doesn't effect working condition. Also has extra heat shrink on the motor leads due to some rubbing on the Revo it came from. I'm also including a pair of 11.1v 5000 mAh lipo batteries and a Traxxas ID charger. The batteries are starting to puff up, but still work. I'm also including a tool bag with tools to remove tires and tighten screws if need be. All in all this is a great RC. I probably put too much into this one, but I had fun with it. Now it's time for someone new to play with it so I can start another project. Please check out the pics for overall condition. This is a big RC 12 inches high and 24 inches long. Shipping will be a little steep on this one.

new to me summit

Congratulations on the newtoyou vehicle. Regarding the T-Lock servos, are you allowing the truck to move a little to let the locking crowns engage?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    yes. its the actual servos that aren't actuating, I've had the front servo randomly not respond and the rear as well, then a few minutes later I try again and bam... works great. I don't want to break anything due to abuse (or at least minimize it) so I've adopted the method of only locking the diffs and changing gears in the trans from a stop

Quote Originally Posted by hegel View Post
    yes. its the actual servos that aren't actuating, I've had the front servo randomly not respond and the rear as well, then a few minutes later I try again and bam... works great. I don't want to break anything due to abuse (or at least minimize it) so I've adopted the method of only locking the diffs and changing gears in the trans from a stop
    Tbh 6s is not really needed in the summit. If looking to beef things up theres a LEM kit you can buy for around $125 usd that rebuilds diffs and coupled with LEM drive shafts its pretty tough. Ultimate Summit Combo https://store.leadingedgemachining.n....aspx?id=37535

Id def replace those servos, dont want any weird stuff happening while running wot.

My Summit has a sensored setup with Tekin 2000kv motor and Mamba Monster X esc. On 4s its very fast and more than I can handle tbh. Ive also had no issues with drive shafts or diffs with the LEM upgrades.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 04-12-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...