RC Qualifier

7 year old and x maxx🤔

So I turned training mode on on my 3 month old 8s x maxx running 6s and turned the transmitter over to my 7 year old and said have at it you can't hurt it. Boy was I wrong he pegged the throttle and hit a warehouse door with the right front wheel and snapped the trucks first a arm. My question is do I go with the stock replacement or go with rpm a ares with the can collouis thing bolt gs025? Im leaning towards the stock and use the cen though bolt as well.

RC Qualifier
    Vote for Stock
    Never had a pin failure
    fabricator

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post
    So I turned training mode on on my 3 month old 8s x maxx running 6s and turned the transmitter over to my 7 year old and said have at it you can't hurt it. Boy was I wrong he pegged the throttle and hit a warehouse door with the right front wheel and snapped the trucks first a arm. My question is do I go with the stock replacement or go with rpm a ares with the can collouis thing bolt gs025? Im leaning towards the stock and use the cen though bolt as well.
    Iíve never heard anything good about the RPM arms. They apparently flex too much and youíll lose or damage pins.

The truck must have hit the door at the perfect angle because the stock parts are pretty durable. Are you fixing the one arm or are you upgrading all arms/pins? Regardless, I say stick with stock arms. I haven't tried RPM arms on this truck but they are known to flex and bow over time and this is a heavy vehicle. My pins have held up just fine and I haven't researched or tried upgraded ones so I cant advise on those but I wouldn't spend the money unless you find yourself routinely bending the stocks.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had a issue either but my son did lol. I ordered stock I decided I've read to much negative things about rpms a arms for the x maxx. There normally pretty good don't know what they did wrong with the x maxx versions.