Thread: Diff upgrades?!

Diff upgrades?!

Is there anything else out there for up grading your planetary diffs? I've blown three sets with in the last month. Granted I have 2.8 mx badlands and mip xdutys and running cc's sv3. I very recently got hr sealed diff case and haven't had any leaks so that's good news since I've read mixed reviews about it. I run 500k diff lube, is that too crazy? I wanted some thing right but not quite locked. Might have to try 100k next. I do bash but not too crazy. There's no jumps just open land where I live. I run my slipper somewhere between .25 turn out and .75 turn out
    Any suggestions? I have new bearing on the way along with another yet of planetary gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxBash View Post
    Is there anything else out there for up grading your planetary diffs? I've blown three sets with in the last month. Granted I have 2.8 mx badlands and mip xdutys and running cc's sv3. I very recently got hr sealed diff case and haven't had any leaks so that's good news since I've read mixed reviews about it. I run 500k diff lube, is that too crazy? I wanted some thing right but not quite locked. Might have to try 100k next. I do bash but not too crazy. There's no jumps just open land where I live. I run my slipper somewhere between .25 turn out and .75 turn out
    Any suggestions? I have new bearing on the way along with another yet of planetary gears

Did you have similar problems before installing sealed diff case?

Does your slipper actually slip?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

You could try the X-01 diffs. I did that after chewing through a set of stock ones.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    XO1 diff won't fit a 2wd... the proline transmission uses a different diff that is much tougher, but the transmission itself is weaker (I've heard... never used it, but the design of the diff is similar to my SC10 which is tough as nails)

As for the stock diff, I don't think there is anything u can do. U may try heating the gears and dipping them in used motor oil, but I would not recommend that unless u know what you are doing.

The diff is the weakest link in the entire truck.

Thanks for the feed back y'all.
    Alexasax- I just recently installed the sealed case. I went through 3-4 sets total with this slash/rustler and within ten minutes I shattered the teeth in the sealed case.
    Razor- I believe so. I might have to do loosen it up more.
    Slashmaxx- I didn't think about different vehicle parts. Gonna start researching that next.
    Sl4shgt8- I've checked out the proline transmission and can't really see myself spending that much on a basher. Are you referring to the performance transmission case?

RC Qualifier
    The internal gears of the proline diff is different and tougher, but I've read people complaining about the transmission itself being weaker. The only way I stopped chewing diff internals was to put a spool. But that drastically changed handling in a bad way. I suffer the reduced handling, but have not had to open the transmission in months. Running 2650kv motor on 3s with large 2.8 trenchers.
    Maybe now that traxxas is on a new release binge with the new 4tec2 and revo-2, we might get lucky with a new SL2SH that addresses the diff. And maybe gives us a simple mid-motor option. But don't hold your breath...