Thread: Shock help

RC Enthusiast

Cool Shock help

Hi guys, I've been working on finding the right shocks for my prerunner build, but I can't seem to find the length of the stock shocks.

I'm also a bit uneducated when it comes to shocks, so I was wondering what the lengths listed on the shocks are measuring (the whole length, from hole to hole...)?

I've heard from several people saying to just switch the front shocks with a set of rear shocks, but I'm also looking for something that looks more realistic than the stock ones.

I've had some ideas of shocks to use, such as the RC4wd limited gold edition King offroad shocks:https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-King-O...mm_p_5561.html

Any help to those questions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Nage42; 03-30-2018 at 12:35 PM.

RC poster
    I put XL GTR shocks front and rear, and replaced both shock towers with RPM, The front will have to have spacers to make sure the front shocks don't hit the suspension link. 30 weight shock oil all around. In the stock location I have full droop on the front arms. It lands soft as butter and handles great.

Parts list, 2 sets of GTR XL shocks P/N: 7462X
    Losi front springs P/N: LOSB2959 Blue in front and black in rear
    m3 x35mm screws for the top mount
    m3 x 20mm screw for the bottom mount.
    1/2" or 12mm aluminum spacers from ACE hardware
    1/4" or 6mm akuminum spacers from ACE hardware
    2 rear shock towers by RPM P/N: 70362 https://www.amazon.com/RPM-70362-Sho...70_&dpSrc=srch

The stock body mounts end up moving about 1/4" back, I just force my stock slash body on it since it is cracked all over. Once I buy a new body I will just drill the holes in the right spot.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse7002 View Post
    I put XL GTR shocks front and rear, and replaced both shock towers with RPM, The front will have to have spacers to make sure the front shocks don't hit the suspension link. 30 weight shock oil all around. In the stock location I have full droop on the front arms. It lands soft as butter and handles great.

Parts list, 2 sets of GTR XL shocks P/N: 7462X
    Losi front springs P/N: LOSB2959 Blue in front and black in rear
    m3 x35mm screws for the top mount
    m3 x 20mm screw for the bottom mount.
    1/2" or 12mm aluminum spacers from ACE hardware
    1/4" or 6mm akuminum spacers from ACE hardware
    2 rear shock towers by RPM P/N: 70362 https://www.amazon.com/RPM-70362-Sho...70_&dpSrc=srch

The stock body mounts end up moving about 1/4" back, I just force my stock slash body on it since it is cracked all over. Once I buy a new body I will just drill the holes in the right spot.
    Thanks for the advice!

Do you know the width of the gtr shocks? because I'm using Jato a-arms and links to make it a prerunner, the links end up being a lot closer to the shocks than usual, so I can't use any shocks that are too wide.

RC poster
    the top cap measures at just about .75" and at the spring it is just shy of 1" wide