RC Competitor

Cool 2S Slash 2wd incoming!

So I have my slash coming via amazon, the 5400mah 90c SMC batteries coming hopefully the same day, and have my reactor 300w and server powersupply to run it. Im pretty dang excited, but am wondering if there is anything im missing or anything I should think to get so I have spares? I got a set of spare bearings and teflon washers thinking that the truck didnt come with them, but apparently it does now. Any upgrades / fixes for around 50$ that should improve my experience greatly? I cant wait to get out there and bash it! I will probably be on pavement / packed dirt mostly for now, maybe in short grass some times.

Exciting. Aluminum castor blocks are a good first upgrade. Other the that, replace supention parts with rpm brand replacements if you start breaking stuff. If youre running on pavement and hard dirt you'll only break stuff if you crash into stuff.

What version of the slash 2wd? I believe the brushed ones have bushinngs in the hub carriers instead of bearings.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    Exciting. Aluminum castor blocks are a good first upgrade. Other the that, replace supention parts with rpm brand replacements if you start breaking stuff. If youre running on pavement and hard dirt you'll only break stuff if you crash into stuff.

What version of the slash 2wd? I believe the brushed ones have bushinngs in the hub carriers instead of bearings.
    58024 is the model number. When you say Aluminium castor blocks do you recommend the Traxxas brand, or something like proline?

Cool. 58024 is the latest batch of brushed with out a battery and a lower price. Its a sweet value the 2s lipo your getting is way better then the 7 cell nimh that used to come with the slash. I believe it has bushing in the wheel hubs, luckily you said you got bearings too.

I believe the proline block are for proline pro track arms.

I have strc caster blocks. The traxxas are nice too, basically the same thing. The traxxas ones were out of stock when i was building my stampede.
    Last edited by IanRose; 03-31-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    ------

RC Competitor
    Ok cool, I git the bearings just in case but some sources said some trucks come with em and some don’t. Yea lipo seemed the best way to go as I’ll probably use the power up program in a month or so. I

RC Racer
    Shock caps if jumping/crashing are a worthwhile upgrade and rear alloy hexes so you dont ruin a set of wheels.
    Regular cleaning and maintenance goes a long way so good tools (mini ratcheting reversible screwdriver and bit set)

RC Competitor
    I have a heavy duty air compressor, other than that are there any special cleaners / soaps I should look at using?

RC poster
    All slash 2wd come with bearings, 2075 Servo, and Allen/hex hardware. You will either use the bearings in the wheel or transmission before long. Grab some simple green and I just spray it down and then hose it off after some scrub brush work. Use air compressor dry it all off and if really wet use some wd40 in wheel bearings.
    Caster blocks, slash 4x4 rear axles, and shock caps. I also drill out and add a screw going through bumper mount into skid plate or add RPM rear bumper mount. First time you jump it hard or land weird you will totally understand what I mean and where to drill lol.
    Yours is new enough it will more than likely come with the fixed gear adapter. This is great as it keeps your motor in place in wrecks and mesh set perfectly without fiddling with it. Down side only so many gear options and adapter combos, not a big deal unless your a racer looking for all gains.

How could i forget slash 4x4 rear axles, they fit so good I forget theyre not oem.
    ------

RC Competitor
    Neat, ill have to look at those rear axles and shock caps. How do yall feel about modifying the body to let more air inside for cooling? Necessary or marginal?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
    Neat, ill have to look at those rear axles and shock caps. How do yall feel about modifying the body to let more air inside for cooling? Necessary or marginal?
    It's not really needed even when running the brushless setup it stays cool.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badta View Post
    It's not really needed even when running the brushless setup it stays cool.
    ah ok. It seemed like people had overheating issues on grass, but I dont really plan to run on grass all that often.

Motor heat is mostly related to gearing. The slash should come with two pinions. The bigger one will run the motor hotter.
    ------

RC Competitor

RC Competitor
    Got her in today, was brand new and not messed up in any way, just waiting on the batteries from SMC! I think I need to adjust the shocks according to a card that came with it for better performance on street. Its killing me that I cant drive it yet lol, but the batteries should be here by Thursday at the latest.

RC Competitor
    On overheating, I have a tiny 40mm fan that I can run off a 9 volt if I really wanted to cool the esc. I imagine the bigger gear is just a more speed but less torque thing right?

Ooooooooohhh YEAH! That looks good!! Your battery will come soon...but what a painful wait.

If it came with another larger pinion then yes, it is for higher speeds and less torque...and higher temps.

Good job, that rc is cool!!

RC Qualifier
    3S VXL 2WD slash does wheelies with grip compound on a set of soft rear tires.

You also got the most sought after stock class slash tires with your slash.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkletron View Post
    3S VXL 2WD slash does wheelies with grip compound on a set of soft rear tires.

You also got the most sought after stock class slash tires with your slash.
    Shnickeys, there is still a stock Slash racing class?

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Just. One. More. Day. Until. Batteries. Arrive..............

Quote Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
    Just. One. More. Day. Until. Batteries. Arrive..............
    I like how batteries is plural...mo betta to have 2 or three batteries. Almost there!! How's the camber looking? Anything you can adjust while you wait?

RC Competitor
    You should have gone for the lcg chassis
    I wasn’t happy with the tq radio system. Limited range

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtcobra View Post
    You should have gone for the lcg chassis
    I wasn’t happy with the tq radio system. Limited range
    I will likely do the lcg conversion in a month or two; do you think the tqi has better range? Or did you mean an aftermarket rf system? I know the drone communities have a lot of options for controllers(taranis, futaba, flysky) but I didnt think there were that many difference in ground based vehicles.

Ive never had range problem since the am radio days of 10 years ago.

You can drive it mostly stock for a while. Just get rpm stuff as needed. the shock caps and castor blocks are good first mods becase they're cheap and save other parts.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    ------

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    I like how batteries is plural...mo betta to have 2 or three batteries. Almost there!! How's the camber looking? Anything you can adjust while you wait?
    Now that I found the suspension part of the manual Im adjusting that for street, as for camber it says to do it with the battery on so I guess that has to wait.

RC Competitor

And so it begins!