RC Racer

Lights on led module

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has expiremented with using lights other than the official traxxas light bars in the TRA6590 power module ? I'd love to custom make some headlights instead of the front bumper light bars (for a more true-to-scale look) and would love to power them off the module once i receive it and have it in my truck

I've read the it outputs 3v ? Not sure if anyone can confirm that ? I'm also wondering what type of plugs they use for the light bars ?

Thanks !

Amazon has plenty of generic light kits almost ready to go...pretty wide range of budgets too.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Amazon has plenty of generic light kits almost ready to go...pretty wide range of budgets too.
    I already bought the traxxas light kit..

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod15 View Post
    I already bought the traxxas light kit..
    Well...okay then... LOL

RC Racer
    haha i just saw the two headlight stickers on the front bumper and i realized that the real truck doesnt have front light bars but instead has headlights like BAJA 4 led headlights.

I want to get some and hook them up to the stock module not to lose any of the capability.

RC poster
    Iīm trying to do something similar with the headlights, I have made a 4 LED custom headlight, copying the stickers look and measures, but instead of powering them from the HVPA I want to power them using the Traxxas Accessory Port on VXL ESC, as Iīm also going to power up, a FPV system and OBA, but I canīt find any wiring diagram, atm all I know is that it works at 6V 10A with 20A peak.
    I will keep having a look over the forum and internet otherwise I will have to use the multimeter XDD
    Last edited by Archonte; 10-01-2019 at 08:47 AM.

RC poster
    I have tried different lights on both the HPVA and off the receiver. The BD Squadron lights worked well on the HPVA system in lieu of the twin grill light bars, however they only illuminate on Low, which isn't a problem because they look good on low and the other LED bar up top can be used on High and the grill lights on low. I also tried the Glamis Fear light kit off the battery slot on the receiver and it was not very bright, I didn't like it.