Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California

Traxxas UDR FPV (Forum Collective Thread) Add your pics and videos!!!

Hey guys was doing some FPV today... had a real funny moment, so here it is for ya.

feel free to add your fpv videos and camera locations and ect!

heres my setup.

lots of room inside the chassis siderails once the drivers are out.

Now the funny...

--------------------------------------------------
    Expectations:

Reality:

LoL... might need a slightly better camera system... its not bad its driveable like that.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Awesome! Fpv udr!!!! I was just about to ask in the other thread what the blue thing was for. And now i know. Haha. If you find a setup that is a bit less glitchy let us know what you get. Thats about the same video quality i get out of my fpv racing drone. There is ALOT to learn when getting into fpv. And i just cant seem to make sence on any of it. Guess thats why im a consruction worker and not an engineer. Lol
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Enthusiast
    I have been doing something similar, but with a different set of equipment. So far I have tested the recording (Somehow Works after waterproof coating), and tested the 5.8Ghz broadcasting (Still need to waterproof). The only thing I am still working on for my setup is trying to hookup a servo for turn the camera towards the direction im turning. The camera is a Runcam Split 2, I have also switched the Tx/Rx for control to a DX5C & SR415, running 7.4v from a CastleCreations WP BEC running a Savox SW1210MG and have a Savox SW-0230MG I plan to try and use for camera turning.

Fourdub, what camera are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry its a very generic "Sports Action Cam"

its a knock off gopro.

like 60$

it can record and video out at the same time.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Super cool

RC Enthusiast
    Just got done doing the first couple of tests with my UDRs FPV setup. As soon as I get a recording at the park I will post it here.

looks amazing man!!!! super awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Enthusiast

Getting closer to having a proper FPV build on the UDR ready. I will try and post everything i used when i get it revised to the point of proper functionality.

RC Enthusiast
    This is the goggle recording of that same test run. They start at close to the same time as eachother

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripi View Post
    I have been doing something similar, but with a different set of equipment. So far I have tested the recording (Somehow Works after waterproof coating), and tested the 5.8Ghz broadcasting (Still need to waterproof). The only thing I am still working on for my setup is trying to hookup a servo for turn the camera towards the direction im turning. The camera is a Runcam Split 2, I have also switched the Tx/Rx for control to a DX5C & SR415, running 7.4v from a CastleCreations WP BEC running a Savox SW1210MG and have a Savox SW-0230MG I plan to try and use for camera turning.
    OMG the FPV cam replacing the drivers head is hilarious! I actually bursted out laughing! I have some good FPV footage of a friend and I drift racing a p4de that I just need to edit and upload to my YouTube channel!(EvHexRC 1) It will be up sometime soon, but as I always like to say: procrastination makes perfect!
    Last edited by EvHexRC; 05-30-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

RC Enthusiast
    Just got another good test run in with my UDR FPV setup. I have changed a few things to try and correct for some problems with the previous setup. Once I get everything dialed in I will post a full build log to show what I added, and how its wired.

I will post pictures of the current equipment within the next couple of days (Hopefully) once i have my new body / interior painted.

RC Racer
    that looks great. Are you ready to share more info?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripi View Post
    Just got another good test run in with my UDR FPV setup. I have changed a few things to try and correct for some problems with the previous setup. Once I get everything dialed in I will post a full build log to show what I added, and how its wired.

I will post pictures of the current equipment within the next couple of days (Hopefully) once i have my new body / interior painted.
    Any info on this yet? I want to do this!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Your setup is so cool!!!

RC Racer
    how about sharing more info? Do you like the way the system is working for you? Nice save at 1:14
    Last edited by ben1272; 06-13-2019 at 06:49 PM.

RC poster
    Any update on the thread?

Im planning how to install the FPV, and Im looking the best way to power it.

Im also working on installing the camera inside a helmet, I have printed a helmet with original size and Im working on the visor. This not only will keep the scale looking, also will protect the camera from dirt and make it splash proof.

I have ordered a Foxeer Cat cam, and a AKK Infinite DVR VTX, so I can also use as a DVR.

My idea is to install a 45 micro servo to move the cam/helmet, connecting somehow to the steering servo, Im not sure if using a dual harness or if the Traxxas receiver can be configured to use a secondary mixed channel (I will ask for this), and connect the cam to the transmitter using the vent tubes, so the transmitter box could look like a filter box and a paggoda antenna like the filter.

Do you know if you can get power from Velineon VXL-6S Accessory Port? Im using it to power the LED KIT, but I dont know the wiring of this port, so Im afraid of using without more information.

RC Racer
    I like what I have seen about the DJI FPV headset and camera set and am curious how well it works. I would like to outfit my UDR with something for sure. Post some new pics of your helmet camera armor! The images you attached wouldnt open for me for some reason.