RC Enthusiast

Proud Owner!!!!!!!!

I'm a proud owner of a Green X-Maxx 8s. I felt like a kid at Christmas just ripping through the box just to get it out, I was shaking just holding it in my hands. It's just an awesome experience driving it. I have on 6s right now and its perfect, I can't imagine it on 8s
    I feel the problem with owning this, is that I have to save money when something breaks or for hop ups
    https://flic.kr/p/G96rvt
    pede4x4, 4tec2.0, X-Maxx8s, Select410sc, Typhonv3

RC Enthusiast
    You will love it. You probably won't want to play with anything else

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Congrats! I got the green one coming later this week! Can't wait

RC Competitor
    Find or buy a bluetooth module quickly and upgrade the Transmitter, Radio, receiver, and MOST IMPORTANT, the ESC firmware! If it is not the latest firmware, you could be one of the guys upgrading to another brand speed control and saying this one is a piece of junk, or sending yours in to Traxxas for repair. Latest updates are awesome and this truck hauls tater, runs cool, runs a long time, and doesn't blip on the breaks or loose signal now.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroStarGT View Post
    Find or buy a bluetooth module quickly and upgrade the Transmitter, Radio, receiver, and MOST IMPORTANT, the ESC firmware! If it is not the latest firmware, you could be one of the guys upgrading to another brand speed control and saying this one is a piece of junk, or sending yours in to Traxxas for repair. Latest updates are awesome and this truck hauls tater, runs cool, runs a long time, and doesn't blip on the breaks or loose signal now.
    So the radio doesn't come with a bluetooth module? Doesn't the UDR? I'd think the X-Maxx would since it's more expensive. Thanks for the tip as I'll be sure to upgrade all firmware.

Proud Owner!!!!!!!!
    You must love with having that many exclamation points.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Competitor
    you can upgrade ESC firmware through the app?

RC Competitor
    No it does not come with the bluetooth module. The hobby store should do this for you but.... It is very important. You have to download the traxxas link app on your phone to work along with the transmitter. It works very good on an iPhone but sketchy on some android phones. Do NOT let the phone screen go to sleep while it is updating. AND remember that there will probably be 3 updates. Transmitter, receiver, and you are not through until the ESC is updated. The updates are located under the Support icon.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    You must love with having that many exclamation points.
    I always wanted one, I'm just happy. I stare at it before I got to sleep, just thinking in my head I finally bought one

RC Enthusiast
    so far I just ran it twice, nothing wrong. Knock on wood. I brought up the problems people were having at my LHS and they said all the X-Maxxs they sold no one came back to have it fix.

Quote Originally Posted by TxBigmac View Post
    I always wanted one, I'm just happy. I stare at it before I go to sleep, just thinking in my head I finally bought one.
    Dude, I got bad news, but then I got really good news. The bad news is...you're in love. The good news is...at least if/when you ever get a divorce you don't have to give away half of all your stuff.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Dude, I got bad news, but then I got really good news. The bad news is...you're in love. The good news is...at least if/when you ever get a divorce you don't have to give away half of all your stuff.

Well, the courts still may make you sell ur stuff to get a fair value and equitable distribution of the marital assets. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TxBigmac View Post
    I always wanted one, I'm just happy. I stare at it before I got to sleep, just thinking in my head I finally bought one
    Nothing wrong with that. I say that cause you’re not alone, lol.

I ended up opening one of my Snap On trucks and the 1st night I found myself staring at it before hitting the lights, lol.