Snap-On Truck, who's got one?

Hey Guys,

Raise your hand if you got a complete truck or just the body+bumpers.

How much did you pay for it? Mine was $450 shipped, I just bought the body+bumpers.

Post pictures please, mine is on the way, hope it arrives safe with no cracks.

Daniel.

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

That's a lot of money for just a body and bumpers.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I agree wow they look cool but I would've saved my money mostly because I'd be scared to run it and destroy it within seconds due to my extremely poor driving skill lol

LOL, I agree, but I'm not going to run mine. I'll probably remove all decals and make something else out of it.

For that kind of money you should bronze it, and hang on the fireplace next to your baby shoes.

I have a nib tool truck and and my body just showed up yesterday. I only paid $250 for the body but I should have read the auction more as there was no mention of the bumpers and I thought they were part of the package? So I have a body to do what I want with but no bumpers. From what I understand there’s no part #s so I’m outta luck. I just need to look at a set of them to see what I need to make.
    And I bought my complete tool truck right after the drawing paying full price, $1500, smh. It goes good with my full price black Snap On truck, lol.

danielhr, Darkside Studios makes the wraps for the regular style trucks. Maybe they can make you something?

I found an outfit on YouTube that sells brush on chrome. It’s amazing how it works, but I’m gonna buy some and try to get creative with my tool truck?

Do you know if this truck is used as an ambulance truck in the US? Would love to convert it to an ambulance truck.

I know it's used as the ice cream truck, the Bimbo truck (bread), and UPS truck, anything else I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I only paid $250 for the body but I should have read the auction more as there was no mention of the bumpers and I thought they were part of the package?
    I asked Traxxas, because what happens if you break the front bumper, we need a replacement. This must be available as a spare part for us!

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I asked Traxxas, because what happens if you break the front bumper, we need a replacement. This must be available as a spare part for us!
    Yeah I’m actually contemplating selling the tool truck body. If I would have known....

RC poster
    I have one and really don't care for the body bought a raptor body and now the bread box is just wasting away

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrohler83 View Post
    I have one and really don't care for the body bought a raptor body and now the bread box is just wasting away
    same here! mine is hanging on the wall.

I think they're neat to have, but not to the point of paying big money for. (IMO) I think anything over 150 bucks is too much. You figure for person to buy and nicely paint a Raptor body is about 100 bucks. Then an extra 50ish bucks for it being a Snap-on due to it not being common.

RC poster
    I won mine from snap on.
    I've already put a few holes on the corners and broke the LF hub.looking to get the raptor body so I don't obliterate the body.

Is the front bumper necessary to use this body? Mine is still on the way to me, that's why I'm asking.

RC Qualifier
    Just got one today. Wasn't lucky enough to win it, just lucky enough my manager didn't want it. lol. This one was actually the 2nd one to be won by someone from my shop. Was able to pick it up for 800, didn't think that was to bad, and been wanting a XMaxx for awhile now.
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

I have one. Bought mine for $500. I really want a blue X like my old one. I just need to swap out the shocks n wheels nut/adapter. Id even sell the body if the right offer came along. For now itll do but dont want to tear it up so dont run very much or jump it.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    I have one. Bought mine for $500. I really want a blue X like my old one. I just need to swap out the shocks n wheels nut/adapter. Id even sell the body if the right offer came along. For now itll do but dont want to tear it up so dont run very much or jump it.

this is the one I have. I beat it like a regular truck

RC Enthusiast

Create your own monster

Buy a clear body an create your personal monster jam truck.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-15-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: trolling

RC Qualifier
    Well scratch that. I don't have to buy the one from my co-worker, cause I just found out I won one today. lol good thing I told him to wait a week and see what happens with this drawing.
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Well scratch that. I don't have to buy the one from my co-worker, cause I just found out I won one today. lol good thing I told him to wait a week and see what happens with this drawing.
    congrats on winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    this is the one I have. I beat it like a regular truck
    You know the bodies go for anywhere between 150-300 bucks depending on condition right? At least at last check thats what I was seeing. Thats why I dont really wanna beat on it! If someone should happen to wanna convert their regular 8s X to a Snap On edition then Id like to be able to offer the parts exchange or sale with everything in good condition. I did a few cosmetic upgrades to wheels lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by smax View Post
    Buy a clear body an create your personal monster jam truck.
    I would if I had extra money right now. Ordered and paid for new ERBE 2.0 from lhs and extra $ is being saved for new SMC 3s batts when they get them in stock for the new ERBE 2.0 so until I get more I cant spend $ on new body. Plus itd be blue theme and wont work with red wheel nuts and shocks. So its a lot more than just a body.
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Congrats as well, youll love it. The 8s X is a beast!

Last edited by Briber; 04-17-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    I have a red and white one to. Not much left of my body, I also beat it like a regular truck. I have a second body I painted up to look pretty and I use the Snap-on as a beater lol.

Guys, quick question, is the printed manual or parts list the same as in the stock X-Maxx? Or has the SnapOn pictures on it.

RC poster
    For those that have won the entire Set up. I won one as well. In the bag with the tools and extra battery foam. There is also a rubber wedge looking piece. Has any one figured out what this piece is for. I have even called Traxxas And was told we really dont know. They were supposed to send an email so I ccould reply with a pic of said piece.
    I have shelved the van body and installed the stock Traxxas red body as to not destroy the stock body and also changed to the regular bumper. Its in my closet for now

RC Qualifier
    The wedge piece would fit where the wheelie bar mounts
    For if you run without the wheelie bar
    It’s an original 6s part

Free Ones are the Best
    fabricator

RC poster
    Yes Free is definately good. I used to run 1/8th scale nitro buggies and got rid of them a few years ago. So far Im impressed with how this thing runs

Guys, quick question, is the printed manual or parts list the same as in the stock X-Maxx? Or has the SnapOn pictures on it.

RC poster
    I won one from snap on, and wondered what i should do first as this is my first traxxas. Any ideas? I have the White topped Snap on, and have also put a few holes on the corners and wanna see how fast I can get without spending a lot.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by oszxmaxx View Post
    I won one from snap on, and wondered what i should do first as this is my first traxxas. Any ideas? I have the White topped Snap on, and have also put a few holes on the corners and wanna see how fast I can get without spending a lot.
    change the gearing, and go to 4s. the snapon comes with 3s batteries. you will go about 25% faster on 4s.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's a lot of money for just a body and bumpers.
    I agree 100% with that.... Snap-On is already overpriced Tool's