RC poster

New E Revo VXL Brushless question

I just got the new E Revo and bought the bluetooth module to go with it. This will be my first experience with the bluetooth module and app. Connecting with a couple different iPads and my iPhone 10, the bluetooth module shows "Connected" right away, but the TX icon in the top left corner of the app and the VEH icon in the top right corner stay red and if I go into the Vehicle Selection tab, it shows my E Revo is "Unlinked."

I can't do anything in the app at all because every time I click something it tells me I must "link" the car first and then the pop up says the TX icon should be green.

After 2 calls to customer service, the only solution they could think of is for me to ship my ESC, my transmitter and the bluetooth module all back to them so they can do a hard update and then ship them back to me. I really don't want to be without the car for 2 weeks while that happens though...but I will if you all think that will take care of the problem.

Ultimately, I'd love to use the app and see how fast I'm going, etc.

Also, I apologize if this is a redundant question. I found a couple old threads which seem similar but wasn't sure if things might be different on a new car.

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    I imagine that you module is "linking" t another device....

Make sure that when you are on your phone... you go into your blue tooth settings and it should see the traxxas module and it should say connected...

If not thats your issue...

RC poster
    yeah...I did that and it said it was connected to the traxxas module. For some reason, even though it "connects" it's not linking to the car and turning those two icons green...

RC Competitor
    uninstall app and reinstall?

Does the app need to be open BEFORE you connect to bluetooth module?