Thread: Drive shaft

RC Racer

Drive shaft

Hi
    The drive shaft broke on the prerunner. Itís the rear right side. I have a spare teton roller. Can I use a stock teton drive shaft as replacement on prerunner?

Or should I just get an upgraded driveshaft? Itís using hobby wing 5300kv motor with the 14tooth pinion and stock spur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    They use the same driveshafts. But yes if budget allows aluminum would ge good and steel would be better.

From my opinion, steel is the way to go because I have broken 4 Traxxas aluminum ones on my sst. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...IAAOSwS6Zaoo7- You should be able to get them for 20$ on Amazon and at your local hobby shop, I just quickly found this link which has 2 dollar shipping.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    From my opinion, steel is the way to go because I have broken 4 Traxxas aluminum ones on my sst. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...IAAOSwS6Zaoo7- You should be able to get them for 20$ on Amazon and at your local hobby shop, I just quickly found this link which has 2 dollar shipping.
    I concur with PecosBill.....I quickly bent a traxxas aluminum shaft. So far I've just been buying replacement plastic ones. Probably will go to steel in the near future.

If you buy steel now, you'll save money, cause you won't be buying so many replacements.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.