RC Competitor

It might be possible to fix your non responding 2075X servos

***Mods, if this type of thread is not allowed, please feel free to delete it.

If your Traxxas 2075X oem servo is not responding to any input and the gears are fine, chances are it just got hot and blew the smd fuse. I stumbled onto a video of how to check and bypass the fuse. The servo in the video is a standard 2075, it is the same as the 2075X the only difference is the 2075X motor has a little more power and metal gears.

Fuses are put in place for a reason !
    Soooo..... use this mod at your own discretion.

Lots of components can fail inside servos, this appears to be the most common problem. If you ohm out the fuse and its open try this mod. If the fuse is good....toss it and get a new one. Its not worth the headache trying to diagnose the rest of the components.

I have a brand new 2075X traxxas sent me still in the bag, opened it up and the 2075X does indeed have the smd fuse as 2075 does in this guys video.

Fuses in the servos... Who knew?

Fuses are put in place for two reasons, people protection and circuit protection. In this case, the worst thing that is going to happen by shorting the fuse is you fry the servo board in an overload condtion. This is not a mod I would automatically do, but one that I would try if the servo were dead and I was sure the gears were not stripped, it would give a second life to a dead servo. I would not put it back into a TRX4, instead I would likely use it as a winch servo.

The root of the problem though is that the 2075 is just not up to the task of low-speed trailing and crawling, metal gears are a nice upgrade, but 120oz of torque is just not enough.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Defiantly agree with everything you said, my brand new in a bag replacement Traxxas sent is in a spare parts bin. I might use it for a light duty project later on.
    Yep, it's oz/in power is almost as anemic as the 1 amp bec in the esc. It cant compare with the 500 oz/in of my 4 Savox 1230's

I figured I'd throw up this quick fix for those in a pinch...It'll get em up and running for the short term because if it's going to blow the fuse and now it's bypassed the servo only has one more life to live.
    A short life !

A lot of the RTR and cheap servos have no way of dissipating heat or managing the power coming into it, a lot of new people don't understand the importance of setting servo endpoints or when a rig sets for a couple minutes and the wheels are not perfectly centered the servo tries and tries to center itself and ends up in a thermal runaway and overloads the smd components which either burns up circuitry and/or blows the fuse.

I replaced my Defender and my new TRX4 KIT and both of my Ascenders servos with Savox 1230's. I always buy a upgraded servo when I buy a rig knowing the RTR servo is short lived.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    In this case, the worst thing that is going to happen by shorting the fuse is you fry the servo board in an overload condtion.
    Well... not quite right. You can also fry your receiver or bec(esc) if servo is taking huge current and thereís no fuse to burn. Iím not saying it will, just saying it could.

Quote Originally Posted by BPee View Post
    Well... not quite right. You can also fry your receiver or bec(esc) if servo is taking huge current and there’s no fuse to burn. I’m not saying it will, just saying it could.
    We'll agree to disagree here. The circuit protection is for the servo, not the up-stream electronics. Power-wise, the RX just acts as a bus board and is able to take a lot more amperage than a 2075 can pull. When failing, the 2075 servo will put the XL-5's into brown out (meaning that it is pulling too much current and not blowing the fuse), in which case the XL-5 will shut down.

Fuses in servos? Dumb! But this was probably done to idiot proof them in attempts to try to avoid fires and potential lawsuits from people mistreating their equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Fuses in servos? Dumb! But this was probably done to idiot proof them in attempts to try to avoid fires and potential lawsuits from people mistreating their equipment.
    Whatttttt........

If people were that dumb they would have to put warning labels on hot coffee saying that it was hot, or warning labels on blow driers telling people not to use them in the shower...

( <--- This is my sarcasm smilie)

RC Competitor
    We'll agree to disagree here. The circuit protection is for the servo, not the up-stream electronics. Power-wise, the RX just acts as a bus board and is able to take a lot more amperage than a 2075 can pull. When failing, the 2075 servo will put the XL-5's into brown out (meaning that it is pulling too much current and not blowing the fuse), in which case the XL-5 will shut down.
    In theory.

Whatttttt........

If people were that dumb they would have to put warning labels on hot coffee saying that it was hot, or warning labels on blow driers telling people not to use them in the shower...

( <--- This is my sarcasm smilie)
    Bingo!

If you're trying to put a 6S LiPo in a scale crawler you might be doing something wrong!

RC Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Bingo!

If you're trying to put a 6S LiPo in a scale crawler you might be doing something wrong!
    Nothing I'd do in mine, but it is fun to watch other people do it, I don't have to pay for the repair parts.

RC poster
    Hi all,

Dose anyone knows how many amper this SMD fuses have?

a Fuse is there for a reason thats true, but we can change it if we know how many Amps...

Thx
    Peysche

RC poster

Cool Fuse value?

Quote Originally Posted by peysche View Post
    Hi all,

a Fuse is there for a reason thats true, but we can change it if we know how many Amps...

Thx
    Peysche
    Anyone? I've done this fix but would be happier if I could change the fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by peysche View Post
    Hi all,

Thx
    Peysche
    Quote Originally Posted by leandrosly View Post
    Anyone? I've done this fix but would be happier if I could change the fuse.
    Bad idea...

The fuse should be a 1A slow-blow fuse. Putting a 2A fuse in will keep the fuse from blowing, but that will effectively remove the protection is was put there to provide, likely causing damage to the ESC's BEC (which already happens with the XL5), or damaging the servo's board.