Rally Wheel Offset

So, my first post in the Rally section...

My 4WD Pede was converted into a Sl4sh, then into a LCG Sl4sh, and it has been transformed again into a Rally. I have a stock Traxxas body, but finding that the tires stick out a lot, and rub the body when turning the front wheels. Do the Rally wheels have a different offset from the Sl4sh wheels?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    I suspect if you have the stock slash arms on there that they are culprit. The stock rally tires are a tad bit smaller than most slash tires as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    So, my first post in the Rally section...
    My 4WD Pede was converted into a Sl4sh, then into a LCG Sl4sh, and it has been transformed again into a Rally. I have a stock Traxxas body, but finding that the tires stick out a lot, and rub the body when turning the front wheels. Do the Rally wheels have a different offset from the Sl4sh wheels?
    What Pwny Danza said^.
    To my knowledge the wheels have the same offset. But if you have the new Fiesta ST body and the original A-arms from the P4de / Slash 4x4 you'll get body rubbing. For the Fiesta ST body you'll have to use the shorter Telluride / ST Rally A-arms #6731.
    The original Rally had a wider body and used the Slash 4x4 A-arms.

If you use the stock Slash 4x4 plastic driveshafts you have to shorten them a little when mounting the ST Rally A-arms (or buy #6760/6761). If you use the MIP X-Duty's you'll be fine, but the Tekno M6 driveshafts can't be combined with the shorter A-arms. I don't know if Tekno has shorter dogbones from other vehicles which may fit.
    Last edited by Viking; 04-09-2018 at 06:40 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwny Danza View Post
    I suspect if you have the stock slash arms on there that they are culprit. The stock rally tires are a tad bit smaller than most slash tires as well.
    Um. I have it the other way round. I have stock rally arms on a slash converted rally. the offset on the tires are just fine.

Are you running slash 2WD front tires all round? I don't know about offsets because I never ran rally wheels with the slash shell on. My guess is the wheel offset is different.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Qualifier
    Instead of using shorter arms, has anyone tried Losi wheels or protrac wheels? Since the protrac kit needed a different offset to keep width the same as stock, maybe it would work?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.