RC poster

What type of steering servo is everyone using?

I'm asking because I just purchased my Slayer 3 days ago and had to replace the steering servo twice now because of the plastic gears; not to mention, I did not crash or hit anything. Am I the only one experiencing this? I really could use some suggestions. Thanks.

Seems there is a batch of bad servos. I've ran a single 2070/2075 on my Revo for years with no issues.

Remove the servo horn and confirm the steering moves nice and free. Others have reported on their vehicles that screws or pillow ball retainers have been too tight from the factory and causing issues.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks. I replaced the servo with a metal gear one.

RC Qualifier
    SAVOX all metal gears are the way to go. Once my STOCK Servo's are worn out to the point of rebuild I just drop in SAVOX Servo's...

SAVOX servos are pricy depending on your budget but worth the extra bucks in your RIG's or you can go with HITECH Servo's too there Decent servo's as well.

And Savox are reported to be power hungry so it may be wise to invest in a capacitor/glitch buster to avoid brown outs.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Not sure when the 3903 Emaxx came out but it has the original 2056 servos and still going strong. I did just install 2 Hitec D955TW`s in my second Emaxx with an external bec (maybe overkill) and as unfortunate as the servo issues have been(mine included) I consider it minor inconvenience that is being rectified as fast as humanly possible.
    2 yrs on a 2056 Stampede and the old Emaxx 2056`s might outlive me lol.

RC poster
    I’ve had the Slayer now for the last 3months and can firmly state that the Savox SC-1258TG is awesome. I use the Savox with a Racers Edge 2474 glitch buster on the Slayer, Jato3.3, and the Nitro Rustler. No issues at all with all 3 RCs.
    Jato 3.3
    Slayer Pro 4x4
    Nitro Rustler

RC poster
    throttle- futaba 8-10kg
    steering team corally cs5226