RC Qualifier

To good to be true? lets hope not

I was randomly browsing eBay and stumbled across a listing for a stock rustler vxl that was barley used. only thing wrong was something with the receiver, still the current bid was at $130 so i had to try... when it was all said and done $170 and its to my door! I hope I can throw in a new receiver and be good to go. just picked up a cheap flysky remote and receiver off amazon that is $40 but i got it refreshed for $27! so for $195 I SHOULD have a perfectly good rustler vxl
    Last edited by slashcrazy; 04-09-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just use your existing transmitter and get a compatible receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Just use your existing transmitter and get a compatible receiver.
    all my current one are in cars at the moment. I meant to say the receiver is bad and it does not come with a remote, so I needed both to complete the set up

I think what grip was getting at is, your Traxxas tqi remote can control more than one vehicle. All that is needed is the compatible rx

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I think what grip was getting at is, your Traxxas tqi remote can control more than one vehicle. All that is needed is the compatible rx

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Oh.... well to late lol. I never knew that good to know

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Been using Flysky FS-GT2s for a few years have not had a problem and extra receivers can be had as low as $5. The FS-GT3B is a piece of junk though I had nothing but problems with it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Igottabeme View Post
    Been using Flysky FS-GT2s for a few years have not had a problem and extra receivers can be had as low as $5. The FS-GT3B is a piece of junk though I had nothing but problems with it.
    That's good to hear because that's what I picked up

RC Racer
    If you got one make sure you check the failsafe (after throttle calibration) so you do not have a runaway car. Check it before running. Turn on your car and transmitter give the throttle a pull then turn off your transmitter then see if the tires start spinning (of course do this with the tires off the ground). If they do spin then push the button on the receiver to set the failsafe to neutral.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Igottabeme View Post
    If you got one make sure you check the failsafe (after throttle calibration) so you do not have a runaway car. Check it before running. Turn on your car and transmitter give the throttle a pull then turn off your transmitter then see if the tires start spinning (of course do this with the tires off the ground). If they do spin then push the button on the receiver to set the failsafe to neutral.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I'll do that first thing