RC poster

Future Plans/Upgrades for XO-1 SuperCar - 2018

Hello,

Wanted to know if there are future plans/Upgrades in 2018 for the XO-01 SuperCar.

Only Traxxas knows and they don't give out what's in the works before making an announcement of the final product.
    The Super Derecho

what are you people using on the XO-1 for steering on speed runs ? how do you keep it straight ? ............ steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    what are you people using on the XO-1 for steering on speed runs ? how do you keep it straight ? ............ steve
    I Pray, close my eyes, smash the trigger, and wait...........for traction. TSM does help, but too much is not a good thing. I'd play with the TSM unless you don't have TSM.

The XO1 is not a gem to steer @ triple digits, but then again, at 100mph, or even close to that number, your steering inputs are magnified, and compounded by the ever changing road conditions. Sometimes, it's not up to you, sometimes, the crown in a road can have a lot more to do with tracking the X01 straight versus steering input, but at high speed runs you shouldn't be steering much - you should be guiding the XO1 and maintaining a straight track which requires very minimal steering inputs. If you have to constantly adjust your steering input to get it tracking straight, only to find that you keep losing control, i would suggest finding a new road to run on. A crap road can make it impossible to achieve 100mph without having to make numerous steering inputs. Foam tires can make it easier to control because of increased traction, but the foams won't last long with side-to-side g forces, they will chunk off and ruin your runs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    Start by working on your aero and let us know how much it helps
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    How do we convince TRAXXAS to offer an XO-2 in 1:5 scale that has a BIG BLOCK BRUSHLESS MOTOR on each wheel and a 64-bit computer system that integrates FPV, all telemetry, TSM and OBA and water-cooled 4S LiPo ESC into one control system ?

RC Qualifier
    Funny enough I was just about to put up a new thread and have just seen this dumped up!

My thoughts are with Arrma just releasing the Limitless and Infraction does Traxxas have to react with an XO-1 update?!

Ok the limitless is just a roller but I’ve seen at least one break the 100mph barrier with else and by the looks of it just a decent motor/ESC package no real excessive mods as a top speed competitor and then the infraction isn’t far behind as a RTR competitor.

I do feel Traxxas need to answer back but will they?

Thoughts please?

Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Funny enough I was just about to put up a new thread and have just seen this dumped up!

My thoughts are with Arrma just releasing the Limitless and Infraction does Traxxas have to react with an XO-1 update?!

Ok the limitless is just a roller but I’ve seen at least one break the 100mph barrier with else and by the looks of it just a decent motor/ESC package no real excessive mods as a top speed competitor and then the infraction isn’t far behind as a RTR competitor.

I do feel Traxxas need to answer back but will they?

Thoughts please?
    Man, that thing's is bad buttocks! I've been looking for something like that for a long time. I wrote a post about if Traxxas was ever going to make anything like a Indy/GP open wheeled type racer a while ago. Traxxas never did offer to fly me down to Texas, so that we could talk about it over lunch. Oh well, I'm getting one of these instead.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Man, that thing's is bad buttocks! I've been looking for something like that for a long time. I wrote a post about if Traxxas was ever going to make anything like a Indy/GP open wheeled type racer a while ago. Traxxas never did offer to fly me down to Texas, so that we could talk about it over lunch. Oh well, I'm getting one of these instead.
    Assuming you are referring to the Limitless?

It’s actually the Infraction which I like but the Limitless does look cool (should of done a clear shell don’t like blue)

But something about the XO-1 even after all these years still is cool, but then I’d be looking to set it up and run the XO more like how the Infraction is aimed at.

Fingers crossed Traxxas respond with a new release.

Yep, I was talking about the Limitless. The Infraction is nice, but not my cup of tea. As far as my XO-1, I've had mine for years too, and still enjoy it very much. I wouldn't mind having another on-road car to have with my XO-1, though, that way I could run both when I hit my favorite running spot. I wonder when it will come out. I would put in my original Xmaxx 6s system in it along with a new Traxxas telemetry and radio package.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.