Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    You guys got me thinking about making me a battery discharging station. The only thing I don't like about our battery chargers is it seems like they can only discharge at a 1 amp rate. Some (like the charger Nick has) lets you hook-up an external discharger, but still (it seems) all stand alone chargers are restricted to a low current discharge.

Having a discharging station that would let me discharge at a substantially higher rate would give me two advantages that I don't have now. It would (of course) let me discharge faster (allowing me to recycle my batteries faster), and it would let me check my batteries' spec's under a realistic testing load. Anyway, you guys got me going on another new project, and I'm sure my wife will love you all for that. (lol)
    That's another thing I like about those x series chargers. Regenerative discharging. Plug your full pack into one side of charger, plug an empty pack in the other, and the empty pack will discharge the full one at a very high (30 amps!) Rate.

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    That's another thing I like about those x series chargers. Regenerative discharging. Plug your full pack into one side of charger, plug an empty pack in the other, and the empty pack will discharge the full one at a very high (30 amps!) Rate.
    Yea, I liked that feature too, but I wouldn't get my money out of it. Good idea, though.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    So I've now had 8 cycles through these power hobby packs. Punch is great. Keeping their IR readings. Last charge today took 4750 mAh from 3.71ish lvc voltage. Right where I would expect them to be. 30+min of HARD bashing. So far, these are a killer value... I'll keep updating...
    Last edited by rag6; 06-15-2019 at 08:29 PM.

I don't remember "who" or "how," but one of you guys made it where I stumbled upon an ISDT FD-100 Smart Control Discharger. I was going to make my own, but getting the components and building them myself cost 10 dollars more (each) than just buying them. Plus, these are computer controlled and programable. As soon as I get them, and have them situated, I'll post a picture of my new discharging setup. I'll be able to discharge up to 6 amps as apposed to the 1 amp that my chargers do.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-16-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Well, I got them, and made most of my harnesses. I just have to make two more parallel harnesses, and I'll be done. My plan is to discharge 8 at a time with anything under 5700mah, and 4 at a time with anything over 5700mah. I have little voltage monitors on each battery, and got them for a buck each on Amazon. The dischargers are suppose to turn off at the proper storage voltage, but I figured (for the price) it wouldn't hurt to be a little more cautious by adding the 3.3vdc audio alarms to my setup.

My goal is to be able to have a battery set discharged by the time I get done working out (about 2 hours). With my present chargers (that discharge at 1 amp) it takes about 8 hours. I'm testing everything out now at a discharge rate of 4 amps, and everything seems to be working as it should.

In the beginning, I was going to make my own dischargers, but these little gems were 25 bucks a piece. It was going to cost me more than that just for one high watt resister, not to mention that these are auto-controlled...mine would of been manual. So all-in-all, I'm very happy with what I got, and don't have a problem recommending these to those who want to greatly seed up their deep cycling battery maintenance.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-26-2019 at 05:30 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Youíre workout is 2 hours long, no travel because of the home gym. Beast mode.

Somehow builds are never done....

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    You’re workout is 2 hours long, no travel because of the home gym. Beast mode.
    Yep, if you can do it at home with your own gym it's the way to go. With the time it takes to get to/from the gym, you can have a good chunk of your workout done. Also, a home gym is open 24/7. In my collage years I hated being a slave to a gym's working hours.

This isn't all of it. I have a Smith machine and cardio stuff on the other side, but this gives you a little bit of an idea of my "Man" room. I let the wife rent the corner for laundry and a pantry. (lol)
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-26-2019 at 08:21 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yep, if you can do it at home with your own gym it's the way to go. With the time it takes to get to/from the gym, you can have a good chunk of your workout done. Also, a home gym is open 24/7. In my collage years I hated being a slave to a gym's working hours.

This isn't all of it. I have a Smith machine and cardio stuff on the other side, but this gives you a little bit of an idea of my "Man" room. I let the wife rent the corner for laundry and a pantry. (lol)
    Oh Iíve seen the house of pump before. I was good for 2 hours, but at least 30 of it was cardio.

Somehow builds are never done....

15 cycles on these power hobbies packs. Very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Oh I’ve seen the "House of Pump" before.
    That's funny, and I like it. I'll have to use it in the future. My wife calls it my "Torcher Chamber."

Thought you guys mike like this:

https://youtu.be/lQtKgiv70DQ

24 cycles. IR HAS DROPPED TO 4 OHM ON BOTH PACKS. I'm very surprised and happy about this...

The big test will be on your 4,784,075th cycle. That's where the real batteries are. (lol)

I hope to have that much fun in my life��

If you don't, I'm sure you'll be close. You've always come across as a guy who's not afraid to have some good ol' clean "Man" fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234