RC Enthusiast

Slash LCG 2WD upgrades

Alright peeps, I'm a newby to RC cars.
    Just bought myself the Traxxas Slash LCG 2WD (58607-21 model). It comes with NiMH battery, the first thing I will do is buy a 2S Lipo 5400mah battery. I will also tighten all the screws with locktight and strengthen the body with some shoe goo so it doesn't tear.

Is there anything else I must do or an aftermarket parts I must get? or highly recommended?

Hi again.

The only upgrades to do asap is 2s lipos (which your already getting) and imho steel driveshafts.

Almost.. ONLY locktight screws in aluminium.. don't do it into plastic. The locktight can weaken/melt the plastic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy77 View Post
    Alright peeps, I'm a newby to RC cars.
    Just bought myself the Traxxas Slash LCG 2WD (58607-21 model). It comes with NiMH battery, the first thing I will do is buy a 2S Lipo 5400mah battery. I will also tighten all the screws with locktight and strengthen the body with some shoe goo so it doesn't tear.

Is there anything else I must do or an aftermarket parts I must get? or highly recommended?
    2s lipo is great, so there you go. also i would highly recommend aluminum caster blocks by traxxas or ST racing concepts.
    besides that upgrade as you break stuff
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

Quote Originally Posted by slashcrazy View Post
    2s lipo is great, so there you go. also i would highly recommend aluminum caster blocks by traxxas or ST racing concepts.
    besides that upgrade as you break stuff
    I think the Trx alum upgrades are great.
    If you want to lock in screws into plastic, I use a drop of super glue on threads and Do Not Over Tighten! Ive used a drop of super glue on screws into plastic for yrs. A good hard swift twist will break screw loose if you ever need to remove the screw.
    Ive used It to fix stripped out plastic threads in the past. I use the gel super glue, just one drop on the threads and screw it in until you just barely feel a little bit of resistance and leave it. Once it dries you can break the screw loose and the threads will remain in the plastic. It's perfect to put new threads in a stripped out plastic hole!
    Screws Strip Plastic out very easy. Just a snug will do.
    A great little mod I do is to purchase Proline body caps(like $7), cut off post where body pin goes through, drill a hole for the stud and screw it in. They hold bodies on much better and you dont loose them like pins. I got so tired of losing pins every time I rolled it! Also get yourself a good set of Trx size hex drivers. Those allens wrenches get really old fast! Lol. Congrats and happy bashing!Heres the upgrades Ive done to my wifes Slash. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?p=6443972

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 04-14-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all your replys, very helpful.

From my online research I also was considering getting the:

1) RPM wide front bumper
    2) Aluminium Shock Caps
    3) Castor Blocks (as mentioned by slashcrazy)

What are your thoughts on each of these ??? (necessary or safe my money for now)

Also spunkybob, you mention getting steel driveshaft, isn't it already steel?

and 4) what are your thoughts on 3s lipo battery, are they too fast/powerful?? I don't want to start stripping gears.
    Last edited by turfy77; 04-14-2018 at 04:13 PM.

RC Racer

Slash LCG 2WD upgrades

All of the above plus:
    1. Traxxas #6852 slash 4x4 rear axles are cheap HD plastic option
    2. Rear alloy hexes are highly recommended
    3. E clip rear inner hinge pins
    4. Drill and fit M3x40mm hi tensile bolt/nyloc nut to front outer A arm/castor blocks.
    5. King pin conversion using M3x50mm hi tensile bolt/nyloc through castor/steering block

You want longer bolts as you want the shaft in swinging section of blocks and just cut bolt to length,hi tensile u have been warned...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparrow; 04-15-2018 at 06:55 AM.