Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Here's a couple pictures of the cut outs for the lights as I did rears today. I painted the lens with Tamiya tail light red and I have to say it almost has a hint of orange which I think works out perfectly on this truck.

Lights are mounted to switch on passenger side dash. Looks somewhat scale and you can easily tap them on/off.

Can you show how have you fixed the spotlight inside, please?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperRC View Post
    Can you show how have you fixed the spotlight inside, please?

Will do. I'll snap some pictures this weekend.

RC Enthusiast
    Will do. I'll snap some pictures this weekend.
    Thanks a lot!

RC poster
    That clear body looks great👍🏿

RC Competitor
    So it may look a little odd, but the lights are secured with Shoe Goo. It's in a red tube, your local hobby might sell it. Home Depot I think, maybe Lowes. If I see it I usually buy it. I learned it from the scale guys and I now use it all the time. It's terrific, and should you change your mind you can peel it off and it's gone with no marks or remnants.

The screws for the lights are too short to go through the body and light, so the Shoe Goo is doing all the work.

If this doesn't show what you need let me know. I'm glad to help.

Cory

RC Competitor
    All of the lights are wired together into one receiver plug. I plug that plug from the body into a plug on the chassis that runs to an on/off plug that I have in the dashboard of the cockpit, then the switch goes to a spare channel on the receiver.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegod View Post
    That clear body looks great����
    Thank you. I wasn't sure at first, but it's fun to see the underworkings.

RC Competitor
    Great work.

RC Competitor
    Thank you!

RC Competitor
    Is that the 4" Proline? I've been looking at the 6" curved - think it will fit?

RC Competitor
    It is a Proline but it measured out to 5". I think the 6" would fit well.

RC Racer
    Some real talented folk in here. The fine details are awesome! I'm still deciding UDR or XMaxx, but when I get the UDR it is definitely getting the scale treatment. Really great job on those vehicles guys!

RC Competitor
    Added the Traxxas light kit to the clear body. I dig it. Installed easily, zip tied wires out of the way, looks cool.

Haven't figured out how to adjust the lights through the app. It connects as it has before, just don't see the light options anywhere.

RC Enthusiast
    Very nice, i want one of these UDR's so bad...now seeing the add on's want one even more lol.

RC Enthusiast
    So it may look a little odd, but the lights are secured with Shoe Goo. It's in a red tube, your local hobby might sell it. Home Depot I think, maybe Lowes. If I see it I usually buy it. I learned it from the scale guys and I now use it all the time. It's terrific, and should you change your mind you can peel it off and it's gone with no marks or remnants.

The screws for the lights are too short to go through the body and light, so the Shoe Goo is doing all the work.

If this doesn't show what you need let me know. I'm glad to help.

Cory

Thank you very much!!

RC Competitor
    ShopGTR, dude your truck looks awesome man. It really looks great all the details you did, great job!
    How are temps with 31 pinion? What type of terrain do you run on with that gearing, is it hard packed. Some people saying motors run around 190. Do you run 4s or 6s. I have a truck ordered, cant wait to get it. I did order a cooling fan that attaches to back of motor after watching videos on youtube. Don't know how much of a concern temps are so wanted to have just incase. Also love those turnbuckles you did they came out great and looks different.

RC Competitor
    Thanks very much. Glad you dig it.

I run 6s batteries, and while I don't monitor the temps specifically, I've never had issues with it running too hot or shutting down type problems. I run on some pavement, grass, and hard packed dirt. I find school playgrounds and baseball fields to be fun spots to run it.

Other than the standard issues, steering servo, leaking shocks, broken rear trailing arms, I've been fairly trouble free and the truck has been a ton of fun.

Best of luck with yours, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Cory

RC Competitor
    Txs for the reply, im going to try those markers you linked up too because yours looks great. Don't have a steady hand, ill look if they have smaller then 2mm tip as maybe it will aid shaky hands over here.
    I did order a cool shock seal kit, i posted pics of it if curious, looks very promising. Should have this truck by end of week and will post results once installed.
    I did order a servo and have a spot by me thats similar to what you run on. Thats my plan for madden outing as it will be easy on truck then sand plus easy clean up.
    Hooking servo to helmet is awesome to, a lot of people will get a kick out of that and i would love to do that to. Also the hose to the helmet is great scale touch. Cool thing about these trucks is you tend to do things like that you wouldn't do on other RCs and you get to drive it unlike a shelf queen. Txs

RC Competitor
    Needed to do some cleanup and such on my UDR and decided it was a good time to make a titanium cover plate for the front. Especially since adding the Traxxas light kit, there was too much visible stuff going on so figured a cover to match the side plates. I did grind a bit too much off one side, but these aren't violins we're making so all good. Hope you enjoy. I enjoy tinkering with this thing as much as driving it...well, almost.

RC Competitor
    And I must say if you enjoy detailing the little things, you have got to purchase a Molotol Liquid Chrome pen. I suggest the 2mm.

It is the coolest effect you can color on that you've ever seen. It almost creates a chrome like layer.

Difficult to capture in my kitchen, but the left is what I thought looked cool before just regular silver, the right is the Molotol Chrome.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E7EG3NM...543523973&sr=1

Last edited by ShopGTR; 11-29-2018 at 03:40 PM.

RC Competitor
    Almost forgot...I added RPM front upper arms and their rear trailing arms plus skid plates. Very happy with the install and fitment. We'll see how they perform this weekend.

RC Competitor
    Almost forgot...I added RPM front upper arms and their rear trailing arms plus skid plates. Very happy with the install and fitment. We'll see how they perform this weekend.
    So the front upper arms im interested in, you said fitment was good, was curious about how the balljoints felt, as i bought alloy lower front arms and balljoints have tremendous play in them and not going to use them. Txs for link to chrome pen too. Your truck looks great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12