Thread: Stampede $350?

RC poster

Question Stampede $350?

Hello Everyone!

First post here, longtime lurker!

I've been on the fence for quite a while wanting to get my first rc truck, or anything rc for that matter!

I have had the Stampede in my Amazon shopping cart for a while ready to click the check out button and got a message today that they, Amazon Warehouse Deals, had a "used-like new" Stampede 4x4 vxl for $350. Says it is in the original box. So I bought it.

How is that price? Amazon wants $400 new. I know they have a good return policy so I can always return it if there are any problems.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments! I look forward to coming back with more questions when they arise!

Nate

RC Enthusiast
    Its 50 bucks off, so not a bad deal. However, are you aware that stuff from Amazon Warehouse like this come with no warranty what so ever? If that is important or not is your decision. And make sure it is as described. Yes, you can return it, but it might be at your expense.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by natiep View Post
    Hello Everyone!

First post here, longtime lurker!

I've been on the fence for quite a while wanting to get my first rc truck, or anything rc for that matter!

I have had the Stampede in my Amazon shopping cart for a while ready to click the check out button and got a message today that they, Amazon Warehouse Deals, had a "used-like new" Stampede 4x4 vxl for $350. Says it is in the original box. So I bought it.

How is that price? Amazon wants $400 new. I know they have a good return policy so I can always return it if there are any problems.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments! I look forward to coming back with more questions when they arise!

Nate
    Sounds like an awesome deal to me. From my experience with amazon and amazon warehouse, they will always refund all your money, including return shipping if the item is not as described.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Goudax3 View Post
    However, are you aware that stuff from Amazon Warehouse like this come with no warranty what so ever? If that is important or not is your decision.
    Thanks for the comments.

Regarding the warranty you mentioned, Amazon or Traxxas won't warranty it if bought from Amazon Warehouse?

How is Traxxas when it comes to their warranty on a new Stampede?

RC Competitor
    I'm not sure about the traxxas warranty, I've never tried to use it. Hopefully someone else will chime in here for you. With amazon, they sometimes offer an extended warranty on products. you could e-mail them and ask about that. In any case, you should have at least 30 days with amazon to check it out, run it, and make sure everything is good.

Hello Everyone! First post here, longtime lurker! I've been on the fence for quite a while wanting to get my first rc truck, or anything rc for that matter! I have had the Stampede in my Amazon shopping cart for a while ready to click the check out button and got a message today that they, Amazon Warehouse Deals, had a "used-like new" Stampede 4x4 vxl for $350. Says it is in the original box. So I bought it. How is that price? Amazon wants $400 new. I know they have a good return policy so I can always return it if there are any problems. Thanks for your thoughts and comments! I look forward to coming back with more questions when they arise! Nate
    First, congrats & welcome to the family and addiction! The P4de is an exellent starter rc and with modifications is great for advanced owner/operators.
    Secondly Trx is second to no one when it comes to customer service. They have a process to work through so let them do their job even if you've tried what they've suggested try it again and let them know the results, in the end if it's a defective part they will either ship it to you for free or will have you ship it to them, they will fix it and ship it back to you. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with their customer service and their guarantees and warranties. Idk about buying used but if you have receipt from a company, I would register it and if something goes wrong make a claim, Im almost positive they will take care of you.
    Third, when ready lol.....
    Suggested 3s upgrades:https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?p=6296896https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?p=6148985XO-1 Diff Upgrade youll need 3978-diff carrier & 6882X XO-1 diff gear set, also get some 2.5x12mm cap head screws. The extra 4mm over stock does make a big difference.
    Tips and Trickshttps://youtu.be/3pFAxNYesS8RC Tuning Guidehttps://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6167328That should set you up nicely lol. Let us know if you need anything else. .Oh Another really cool cheap upgrade is Proline body caps for like $7. I got tired of losing washers & pins and them ripping through the body. Its simple, cut off where the pin goes through flush with wide base, drill hole and sink stud in. The body caps hold the body on so much better and wont pop off all the time like the pins.
    Last edited by Briber; 04-16-2018 at 12:13 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    I asked Amazon about the warranty, here is the reply I got:

Hello,

Because this is an Amazon Warehouse item, we aren't able to offer the same sort of warranty coverage we'd normally offer for an Amazon.com item. If warranty coverage is important to you, you can purchase an open-box warranty on our site through one of our merchants, Asurion or Assurant. Just enter "Asurion" into the search box on Amazon.com to find a plan that fits the item you're purchasing.

If you decide to buy the Amazon Warehouse item you mentioned and aren't satisfied with your purchase, you can return most items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. When we receive your return, we'll issue a refund and send you an e-mail confirming the amount. We'll deduct the cost of return shipping from your refund if you use our postage-paid return label, unless the return is the result of our error.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.
    ————————————

I went ahead and bought the Stampede I wanted anyway. Don’t have it yet, but if it is not as described, it will go back. Their aftermarket warranty is about $50, so you are up to the price of a new one.
    I also bought a Traxxas charger.

RC Enthusiast
    Update; I received my amazon warehouse stampede today. It has already been sent back. The box looked fine. But a lower A arm was complelely smashed. Not sure what happened, but I suspect it was dropped before it ever got used. Not happy. Can’t add a pic?..

Update; I received my amazon warehouse stampede today. It has already been sent back. The box looked fine. But a lower A arm was complelely smashed. Not sure what happened, but I suspect it was dropped before it ever got used. Not happy. Can’t add a pic?..
    You can add photos using a third-party photo host such as imgur or Flickr.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

A $12 part made you send it back? Its still a good deal if everything else checked out!
    Also if you use tapatalk which is free app on phone its super easy to post pics. See youd just tap on add Photos, Files, Videos box and upload away lol.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,

RC Enthusiast
    yes, 12$ plus my time to fix it and I have to get the part likely from Amazon as well. Point being, they had no real idea if the truck was usable or not even though it was listed as like new. Plus, now they have my money until they get it back and process the return. Arrrggghg

yes, 12$ plus my time to fix it and I have to get the part likely from Amazon as well. Point being, they had no real idea if the truck was usable or not even though it was listed as like new. Plus, now they have my money until they get it back and process the return. Arrrggghg
    Sorry to hear that. They are easy to work on/fix. I understand though.

What a bite man, Sorry about your issue. I would think they probably knew about that A-arm. If everything else looked OK. Like Briber said, I think I would have kept it. I saw where you complained about replacing the arm. That actually would have been a good start at learning something you will be doing anyhow, at least in the future. just saying. So what are your plans now?

Now you have to wait for a refund. Hopefully you can get all your money back. Including shipping costs, which goudax said not! Seeing there was a part broken. I guess that's how they can sell something that's broken. I guess like new can mean whatever is broken is okay to sell and not tell. This is one reason I would never buy a used RC unless I saw it in person first. Good luck with your next attempt, which I hope will be new....Happy RCing once you get started.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    You'll probably end up spending more to ship the thing back than the replacement parts would have cost. You could have purchased a set of RPM A arms for $15 with free shipping on ebay. Lots of hobby stores sell on there and have decent deals.

Also a lot of places will discount broken items and sell them as "like new". Doesn't necessarily mean usable out of the box. Also since none of us saw the unit in question, it makes one wonder why (the original owner) would buy one new, accidentally drop it, break a part and go through all the hassle of boxing it back up and then returning it. I would tend to lean that there maybe more wrong with it than just a broken A arm or the original owner didn't know the difference between a hobby grade (repairable) and toy store (generally non-repairable) rc vehicle.

Anyway good luck in finding another Pede!

RC Enthusiast
    I got all my money back and they covered the shipping as well. Now I am not sure about buying another “like new” one or not.
    Also I apologize to the OP, kind of got off your subject. Oh, I think as I noted that Amazon stated it had no warranty, but that doesnt mean the would not refund.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got all my money back and they covered the shipping as well. Now I am not sure about buying another “like new” one or not.
    Also I apologize to the OP, kind of got off your subject. Oh, I think as I noted that Amazon stated it had no warranty, but that doesnt mean the would not refund.
    I would of have sent it back as well. It’s the principal. That being said. Get RPM arms for the P4de. They’re just right on that truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I would of have sent it back as well. It’s the principal. That being said. Get RPM arms for the P4de. They’re just right on that truck.
    I feel exact opposite lmbo, use stock Trx arms they are perfect. Also buying a product thats listed like new means its not new, its like or close to so Id expect there to be something thats not new or in need of addressing. So for the trade off of the reduced price but knowing something is not new on it I think is reasonable and wouldve kept it.

Its good that two ppl can be complete opposites and still be friends . All respects Grip

RC Competitor
    Glad you were able to get all your money back!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I'm surprised to see you recommend rpm a-arms. Don't you run tekno driveshafts?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by korelinlakes View Post
    I'm surprised to see you recommend rpm a-arms. Don't you run tekno driveshafts?
    Do the RPM arms not work with Techno drive shafts? I have Techno driveshafts myself and a full set of RPM arms in the package waiting to go on my truck.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    Do the RPM arms not work with Techno drive shafts? I have Techno driveshafts myself and a full set of RPM arms in the package waiting to go on my truck.
    They work but not recommended by tekno. They are too flexible and the tekno shafts will bend on hard impacts.

I have noticed something here. Natiep started this thread then Goudax came in with the exact same post it seems. At first I thought I was making statements to natiep. It was actually Goudax. I am really confused now. What happened to natiep, did we drive him away or are the two of you the same person? lol
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Nope! I'm still here!

I actually decided on getting the Traxxas TRX 4 crawler instead! I don't want the speed of the Stampede, just something I can putz along with in the backyard. The TRX 4 has a two speed transmission so I figured it would be perfect for some slow and easy driving around the yard.

I did get it for $60 cheaper using an Amazon Warehouse deal. It was listed as "used-like new." It arrived and I was a bit nervous to open it as the box was dinged up pretty bad on one corner.

Upon opening, the truck, controller, and all paperwork were still secure in the styrofoam and in brand new condition.

Nice! You made a good choice...there wasn’t a bad one. See you over on that subforum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Nice! You made a good choice
    The TRX 4 is my very first RC.....anything.

I'm already eyeing up the Traxxas Ford GT.

Nope! I'm still here!

I actually decided on getting the Traxxas TRX 4 crawler instead! I don't want the speed of the Stampede, just something I can putz along with in the backyard. The TRX 4 has a two speed transmission so I figured it would be perfect for some slow and easy driving around the yard.

I did get it for $60 cheaper using an Amazon Warehouse deal. It was listed as "used-like new." It arrived and I was a bit nervous to open it as the box was dinged up pretty bad on one corner.

Upon opening, the truck, controller, and all paperwork were still secure in the styrofoam and in brand new condition.
    Sweet Sir! I am happy for ya that you got a good one. I am sure you will be happy with it. Try not to get the addiction associated with this hobby. You WILL want more......
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Excellent. Actually, I ended up buying the Amazon Stampede brushless vereion. Hopefully it will Arrive in good shspe. Will know Tuesday. I am very glad you got something you are excited sbout. This should be fun, not a hassel. Lets have some fun! We are finally getting some warm weather, so maybe I will be able to race around the yard!
    Addiction? You ever been into rc planes, good lord it never ends!

RC Competitor
    Excellent. Actually, I ended up buying the Amazon Stampede brushless vereion. Hopefully it will Arrive in good shspe. Will know Tuesday. I am very glad you got something you are excited sbout. This should be fun, not a hassel. Lets have some fun! We are finally getting some warm weather, so maybe I will be able to race around the yard!
    Addiction? You ever been into rc planes, good lord it never ends!
    Sweet! Yeah I jumped back into the hobby in December with an Erevo and then bought a Pede and now I'm looking at getting another boat again. Decisions, decisions! LOL

RC Enthusiast
    My second Stampede arrived yesterday. No broken parts this time, just missing the tool kit. Not a big deal. Box was all beat up, but the truck etc was really like new. My wallet is happy! Now to get running!

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    Sweet! Yeah I jumped back into the hobby in December with an Erevo and then bought a Pede and now I'm looking at getting another boat again. Decisions, decisions! LOL
    Go for the boat, diversify the fleet! Because then youll have to buy a Summit to pull it! Lmbo (well not really but itd be a good excuse to!)
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Try not to get the addiction associated with this hobby. You WILL want more......
    And whats wrong with that? (21 batteries & 13 Trx rc's later(waiting on 14th ERBE 2.0)

Last edited by Briber; 04-25-2018 at 10:21 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I have thought about a boat. I have older Graupher tunnel hull with a outdrive that used to go well. Have not ran it for years. Everything but the batteries should be good. I live on water, but it gets very weedy by mid summer so it gets to be a problem even for real boats.

From the Traxxas Warning System thread "Bypassing the Language Filter": "If you have to insert spaces or symbols in a word because the language filter blocks it, you should not be using that word here." -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-25-2018 at 01:58 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Go for the boat, diversify the fleet! Because then youll have to buy a Summit to pull it! Lmbo (well not really but itd be a good excuse to!)And whats wrong with that? (21 batteries & 13 Trx rc's later(waiting on 14th ERBE 2.0)

I had a blast and a Villian at one point. Also had a trailer I built for my E maxx to pull it. I need to get more pictures loaded up.

RC Competitor
    Found a couple of pics from back in the day