RC poster

Question Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iD Revival

Hello,

I bought a new Traxxas Stampede last year for my son. He played it a few times. Yesterday when he tried to play it again, we found out the battery is out. I tried charging the battery with Traxxas EZ Peak but the led just keeps going up and down without any error and the start button does not turn blue. It looks like the charger doesn't even recognize the battery has been plugged in. We haven't charge the battery for a while since he last played it (several months).

So now I am thinking maybe the battery itself has low voltage that the charger doesn't detect it. Is there a tool/charger that can revive it?

Usually with regular AA nimh battery, I can jump start it using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICne0ZyZ3IA. Is there a similar way of doing this with Traxxas battery?

Thank you

After you insert the battery and the light pole goes up and down. Ate you pressing the start button and holding down till you hear the tone?
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Yes, I tried holding down the start button and there is no tone. The blue light also did not come on.

Quote Originally Posted by onetraxxas View Post
    Yes, I tried holding down the start button and there is no tone. The blue light also did not come on.
    Is the battery an ID battery and the charger is also an ID charger? It should work if so.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds to me like you might have to put the ID charger into manual mode. Have you ever done this? If not plug the battery in and hold the ID button and the amp selection button until the charger starts to blink between Lipo or NiMH. Select NiMH and select the amp rate and then hold start. Could be a low voltage is fooling the charger.