RC Competitor

Help with electric conversion

Picked up a revo 3.3 roller ( i also have another roller i was building).
    What do i need to convert this one into electric?
    I have no experience with elctric so i dont know motors or batteries.
    Can i keep the same trans? what other upgrades would i need?

It might be easier to buy an electric chassis and transmission. Then, if the revo is anything like the maxx, everything else should bolt right into place.

Otherwise, there are conversion kits available that retain the nitro chassis (and maybe transmission?) Not sure who makes them however.

I doubt you'll want to keep the 2 speed tranny. No sense in having 2 speeds with an electric motor. And even a single speed nitro tranny might not give you the ideal gearing.

Then you would have to figure out how to mount the batteries.

Im pretty sure the best way would be to buy the brushless chassis and tranny and swap over all the other parts.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Yes, the easiest is to swap over to an electric chassis. Otherwise you'll need to find a motor mount, esc mount, battery tray, lock the transmission into second gear; remove the throttle servo and box, brakes, tank; move the receiver.

You'll need at least a 2200kv motor and 4s (2 - 2s) or 6s (2 - 3s) batteries to get it to run well.

Tekno used to make a conversion but they are very hard to find now.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    so just search for a erevo chassis?

Yes. Erevo brushless edition chassis and transmission.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

I HIGHLY recommend to NOT use the nitro chassis and transmission. It just isn't meant to handle the high torque loads that brushless systems create. I converted two 3.3 nitro revos to brushless (before there was the E-Revo), full metal gears from Robinson Racing, etc...and had nothing but problems running on 5s lipos (driveshafts twisting, tranny gears exploding, slipper clutch burning).
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

RC Enthusiast
    Don't be discouraged. If you have a roller then go for it. Just don't go crazy running 6S and think that its going to hold up.

Check on out http://www.how2rc.com/REVO%20Convers...y%20power.html

He sells a motor plate and battery tray there. All you need is batteries, ESC, motor and a little time.

I have a good basher that I converted. I upgraded to metal axles and all has been good!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Here are some pics of my ride.

Works great!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBurner View Post
    Picked up a revo 3.3 roller ( i also have another roller i was building).
    What do i need to convert this one into electric?
    I have no experience with elctric so i dont know motors or batteries.
    Can i keep the same trans? what other upgrades would i need?
    What did you decide to do??

RC Competitor
    I got busy. but I converted the 3.3 to electric. got a 2050kv motor and esc ( arrma blx185). was given a motor mount and I made an esc and battery tray from aluminum. Just waiting for batteries and a charger. Locked the tranny in 2nd gear. Going to run 4s and se how it goes.

I got busy. but I converted the 3.3 to electric. got a 2050kv motor and esc ( arrma blx185). was given a motor mount and I made an esc and battery tray from aluminum. Just waiting for batteries and a charger. Locked the tranny in 2nd gear. Going to run 4s and se how it goes.
    That's all I run my ERBEv1 on, but with the 2200kv motor. In theory, the 2050kv would give you more torque, so you could gear it up a bit more than @smoothbassman.

After having an arrma truck, the motor likes to run hot and a fan is a must, even on 4S. Then again, it's heavy compared to my nitro or brushless revos, so may work out better for you.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    i have it geared for 15t/40t but could also do 15t/38t what do u suggest?

i have it geared for 15t/40t but could also do 15t/38t what do u suggest?
    Well, running 4S with a 2200kv motor at best will give you 32560 RPM's. I think max RPM's of a TRX3.3 is 35000-40000, so you could gear for stock gearing and see how it does. Guessing your going to have a lot more torque than your used to, but being locked in second gear will take some of the edge off.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    so i have a 36,38,and 40t spur i can play with. right now just a 15t pinion. i can go higher to 18t or so. Ive red an 18/40 or 18/38 works well. I want wheelies but also dont want to strain the motor ( as in too hot)