RC poster

About to buy a X MAXX 8s

Hi Guys, sorry for the stupid questions, I'm brand new here...
    I'm just about to buy a new XMAXX 8s Truck but before paying 2K$ (CAD) I was just wondering if it's all worth it...
    I'd like of course honest opinion...
    I've seen online many videos of X MAXX easily broken after few jumps etc etc...
    I don't want to do crazy stuff (2K$ aren't cheap), just few jumps and have fun... that's all...

thanks a lot !!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by strek22ts View Post
    Hi Guys, sorry for the stupid questions, I'm brand new here...
    I'm just about to buy a new XMAXX 8s Truck but before paying 2K$ (CAD) I was just wondering if it's all worth it...
    I'd like of course honest opinion...
    I've seen online many videos of X MAXX easily broken after few jumps etc etc...
    I don't want to do crazy stuff (2K$ aren't cheap), just few jumps and have fun... that's all...

thanks a lot !!
    Where in Canada are you? Just curious how you suspect $2k. I picked my Xmaxx 8s up in Edmonton for $1200, then it was $280 for 4 SMC 4s lipo. I already had a charger.

The Xmaxx is great but parts and upgrades are expensive tho. Also depends on where you run them I got to large gravel pits or dirt bike tracks and the Xmaxx is great, but now with the erevo 2.0 out that finally has a decent drive train I'd go that route if worried about cost. It's got better handling for street bashing and such.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    thank you Adam for your reply.
    I'm in Vancouver and from the website is around 1200CAD the car + 460CAD charged and batteries + Shipment and Duties is around 2050CAD.
    My idea is to run in my backyard (very big) and in some of the parks I have very close to my place, where there's plenty of space.
    You know I just don't want to spend 2k and have a broken truck after 10 minutes LOL

RC Competitor
    thank you Adam for your reply.
    I'm in Vancouver and from the website is around 1200CAD the car + 460CAD charged and batteries + Shipment and Duties is around 2050CAD.
    My idea is to run in my backyard (very big) and in some of the parks I have very close to my place, where there's plenty of space.
    You know I just don't want to spend 2k and have a broken truck after 10 minutes LOL
    NO NO NO NO NO

In Calgary I can get the Xmaxx for 1179.99 plus 5% gst..

Also the battteries I got were $130 each.. so $260

then i got a normal charger... hitec x4 is great... that way if you expand you are not tied to the traxxas charger/battery...

so

+
    =
    +

=

plyus 5% is
    $1775

No duty
    Dont need to pay for shipping...
    you get a better charger than you can expand with.
    and you get batteries that are "inexpensive" to replace in comparison..

RC Competitor
    use this to locate a traxxas dealer near you

https://traxxas.com/findadealer

you should be able to order an xmaxx from one of these locations...

Or if you travel alot coe to calgary or edmonton and pick one up in your visit..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Where in Canada are you? Just curious how you suspect $2k. I picked my Xmaxx 8s up in Edmonton for $1200, then it was $280 for 4 SMC 4s lipo. I already had a charger.

The Xmaxx is great but parts and upgrades are expensive tho. Also depends on where you run them I got to large gravel pits or dirt bike tracks and the Xmaxx is great, but now with the erevo 2.0 out that finally has a decent drive train I'd go that route if worried about cost. It's got better handling for street bashing and such.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Don't order from traxxas, great hobbies in Ontario is free shipping. Vancouver should have a few hobby shops around anyway.

Great you have a large backyard, you must be outside of Vancouver.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RcManChild View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO

In Calgary I can get the Xmaxx for 1179.99 plus 5% gst..

Also the battteries I got were $130 each.. so $260

then i got a normal charger... hitec x4 is great... that way if you expand you are not tied to the traxxas charger/battery...

so

+
    =
    +

=

plyus 5% is
    $1775

No duty
    Dont need to pay for shipping...
    you get a better charger than you can expand with.
    and you get batteries that are "inexpensive" to replace in comparison..
    Where in Calgary do you get RC parts?

RC Qualifier
    I've had my 8s X maxx and broken rear hub due to very bad fall off a retaining wall, and front a arm due to my 7 year old son hitting a warehouse garage door in training m9de full throttle. I've had mine since about January 11 very great truck. I've been thinking of selling my hpi flux and getting another I like it so much.

RC Qualifier
    It’s hard to quantify quality, it’s a 25 pound truck that some people launch 30 feet into the air or hit a rock was at 40 mph.
    Thinks are going to break...

I’d put money on 80 - 90 % of the problems are based on driving style.

RC poster
    thank you guys, i'll visit a local store tomorrow then.

Thank you again !!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Where in Calgary do you get RC parts?

There’s theee main shops in Calgary

Pm hobby - cheaper for parts but doesn’t have a lot for parts last I checked for parts.
    Model land - pricier but has tons of parts.
    Action hobby - kinda inbetween the other two.

RC Enthusiast
    Try hobby wholesale in Edmonton. They're the cheapest in Canada and have free shipping.

RC Qualifier
    When is the last time you took a 20 lb electric truck out and did this, not to mention all of the other crazy jumps I have done in my other videos?

Buy it - it will be the best toy purchase you will make for awhile. I am on my third one this week - only because I am changing colors. You will stop smiling after you see the box arrive in the mail.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Competitor
    Get the X-maxx you wont regret it lol ..... Not sure what videos you've seen but from my experience and videos ive seen this is one of the most durable RC's i've ever owned. I do light / medium bashing nothing too crazy. In the year i've owned it the only damage i had was a broken front bumper mount and my body is beat up so i would say its well worth the money.

RC Champion
    The only real weakness that needs immediate attention is the body. The little screws that attached the body to it's reinforcement cage are too small and pull through the lexan. I picked up 6 wing washers for an 1/8 scale buggy and installed them in place of the stock screws. The larger foot print helps keep them from pulling through on the big crashes.

The stock ESC is ok. I didn't care for it and sold it along with the stock radio and installed a HW Max6. The truck is a blast to drive. I only use 6s and find it more than enough for my driving style.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    Shoe Goo and Fibatape the body and then do this to correct the problem rock-rod is referring to:

Also build a hauler for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErUwT0r4WiE
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    I was tempted by the UDR - but Ive always wanted the X-Maxx really and I'll only regret it later!
    Now I'm wondering whether the E-Revo 2 should come first though! lol

RC poster
    just FYI, I went to a local store and bought it.

After 2 hours, I broke it... (just because I'm a HUGE idiot).
    Everything was great (I really enjoy driving it) but the last jump I took, I messed up and the truck landed on the rear right wheel, and bye bye bearings...
    Definitely worth it and LOT OF FUN. (i'm not a pro at all, i'm just enjoying having fun, but i'm definitely SSSSSSSSSSSStupid)

Thanks all guys !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just FYI, I went to a local store and bought it.

After 2 hours, I broke it... (just because I'm a HUGE idiot).
    Everything was great (I really enjoy driving it) but the last jump I took, I messed up and the truck landed on the rear right wheel, and bye bye bearings...
    Definitely worth it and LOT OF FUN. (i'm not a pro at all, i'm just enjoying having fun, but i'm definitely SSSSSSSSSSSStupid)

Thanks all guys !!
    RPM hubs come with bearings.