RC Competitor

2.0 Spring Rates

Loving the new Revo, but I'm finding the suspension a bit soft and i would like to address the braking dip and front wheel lose of grip upon acceleration. I have the adjusters fully down.

Standard rear is 4.1N/mm and Standard front is 3.8N/mm.

What are you guys running? I don't do massive jumps, some car park runs and dirt tracks.

I'm contemplating:
    Rear 5.4N/mm
    Front 4.4N/mm

Cheers,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Loving the new Revo, but I'm finding the suspension a bit soft and i would like to address the braking dip and front wheel lose of grip upon acceleration. I have the adjusters fully down.

Standard rear is 4.1N/mm and Standard front is 3.8N/mm.

What are you guys running? I don't do massive jumps, some car park runs and dirt tracks.

I'm contemplating:
    Rear 5.4N/mm
    Front 4.4N/mm

Cheers,

Phil
    I switched mine out to blue 5.9 in the rear and silver 4.9 up front a few weeks ago. Handling was improved drastically. For sure stiffening up the front will alleviate most of the nose diving while braking. I was quite happy with the improvement. I run in similar terrain.

2.0 Spring Rates

Silver - Blue was the quick and dirty ticket to get to tighter handling for years. Itís good to know that has not changed.
    I think the shocks greatly benefit with the addition of the 5461 Variable Damping Kit and some 40-45 weight oil as well, but Iím no suspension guru.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-18-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Competitor
    So those are a 120mm spring? Would i be just as well going for the 6.4 (purple) rear and 5.4 (pink) front?

I remember going through this struggle with my first ERBE, while that one is still set up with the LT springs (blue and silver) with 45wt oil and vdk, this new E-Revo 2.0 I've done nothing (really nothing) to the suspension. It's nice remembering how these things are supposed to drive. Now, it all boils down the personal preference but, I think it's really easy to over stiffen and dampen these things trying to eliminate roll, or stop chassis slap. Again, it's all preference of a personal type and this is just my thoughts.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    So those are a 120mm spring? Would i be just as well going for the 6.4 (purple) rear and 5.4 (pink) front?
    That's getting up there. It all depends on preference. For me that's what I started with in my revo 3.3. Was a little to firm for my liking. Went to silver and blue in that and was happy. That's kind of why I knew where I wanted to start in the erevo.

RC Qualifier
    I just installed the silver springs and V1 shocks in the rear. It stiffened it up a bit.I haven't been able to bash it lately as it's still cold here and SNOWING. I'm also putting silver springs and V1 shocks up front. I hope I'm not breaking any kind of law. Lol....

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davew; 04-18-2018 at 09:28 PM.

I run the purple's on my big block revo in the rear with vdk #2, can't recall what oil. I do know with the stiffer springs, I have to keep a very close eye on the shock/rod ends as they wear/stretch pretty quickly on it. I run blue/silver on my 21TM revo with vdk #2.

I was running similar on my ERBE until recently (silver/blue), I switched to RC Raven dual rates, vdk #2, associated 60wt front/rear. The nose still likes digging in on landing, but otherwise I like how it feels a lot better now. I also noticed a significant difference when I run SMC 9000mah 2S vs SMC 7400mah 2S. The heavier packs really change how it responds on landing. So much so that I'm probably going to stop running the 9000's in it. I only have 1 pair left and ordered 2 more pairs of the 7400's.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Can I ask why the blue/silver is a common combo when it theory the blue/pink would be a more closer balance to stock

Stock: 4.1 - 3.8
    Blue/silver: 5.9 - 4.9
    Blue/pink: 5.9 - 5.4

Is it due to not only wanting to firmer up the suspension but also most mods which increase weight do more so on the rear?!

Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Can I ask why the blue/silver is a common combo when it theory the blue/pink would be a more closer balance to stock

Stock: 4.1 - 3.8
    Blue/silver: 5.9 - 4.9
    Blue/pink: 5.9 - 5.4

Is it due to not only wanting to firmer up the suspension but also most mods which increase weight do more so on the rear?!
    I think it has more to do with the fact the O.G. ERBE came with the blue and silver springs in the box. They are intended for the long travel rockers (which were also included). Most of us revo nerds like sending our toy truck into outer space, hence the much stiffer springs seemed to suite the landings better. I thought blue and silver springs were the bees neez until I procured my 2.0 and remembered how plush the stock springs are. No longer did I roll over on turns or buck and bounce all over the place! Don't get me wrong, some applications require a stiffer suspension set up but watching the erevo articulate over terrain reminds me of a tarantula!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact the O.G. ERBE came with the blue and silver springs in the box. They are intended for the long travel rockers (which were also included). Most of us revo nerds like sending our toy truck into outer space, hence the much stiffer springs seemed to suite the landings better. I thought blue and silver springs were the bees neez until I procured my 2.0 and remembered how plush the stock springs are. No longer did I roll over on turns or buck and bounce all over the place! Don't get me wrong, some applications require a stiffer suspension set up but watching the erevo articulate over terrain reminds me of a tarantula!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Valid points!

So from my point of view looking to stiffen the ride slightly due to mainly road/hard ground running and not really one for big air plus mods that will bring up the weight slightly what would be a good starting point?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I switched mine out to blue 5.9 in the rear and silver 4.9 up front a few weeks ago. Handling was improved drastically. For sure stiffening up the front will alleviate most of the nose diving while braking. I was quite happy with the improvement. I run in similar terrain.
    What oil did you use?

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post5570078

Revo....
    From the factory, the shocks are filled with SAE-40W silicone oil. Only use
    100% silicone oil in the shock. Higher the viscosities, the heavier (thicker) shock oil.

My basher Revo current setup....
    P2 Rockers 80 wt Blue Rear Silver Front, inner hole.
    I set the shock preload by pushing the chassis to the ground.
    If the springs fully compress, back off the preload, if not fully compress increase the preload...

When changing or filling the shocks be sure to get all the air "bubbles" out. Cycle the shock a few times, there can be some trapped air...
    Last edited by 87 GN; 05-05-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post

Revo....
    100% silicone oil in the shock. Higher the viscosities, the heavier (thicker) shock oil.

If the springs fully compress, back off the preload, if not fully compress increase the preload...

When changing or filling the shocks be sure to get all the air "bubbles" out. Cycle the shock a few times, there can be some trapped air...
    Sounds like a good Revo setup! I'll definitely consider your set up when I started my new project.

RC Qualifier

Revo....

So youre running 80wt oil all round?

Revo....

Any idea what pistons in each end? I don't think the front/rear use the same ones in stock form.

So your are running 80wt oil all round?
    correct

Any idea what pistons in each end? I don't think the front/rear use the same ones in stock form.
    I do not recall, can look

edit
    The shock pistons can be replaced with the available optional pistons to vary the amount of damping. Optional pistons with bypass holes that are larger or smaller (1, 2, or 3) than the factory installed stock pistons can be used to decrease or increase damping respectively. Change the pistons if you only have one weight of shock oil available to you. From the factory, E-Revo is equipped with #2 pistons in the front and rear.
    Last edited by 87 GN; 05-07-2019 at 06:56 PM.

From the factory, E-Revo is equipped with #2 pistons in the front and rear.
    I'll have to check the manuals for all the revos to see if that carries across the board. Could have swore I had bought some "take off's" and could of swore I ended up with different pistons in various pairs of shocks. I always run the VDK, so I take them apart anyway.

copy paste from the 2.0 manual. I just had to double check myself