Thread: Servo....

RC Qualifier

Servo....

Interested to know which Servo you have upgraded to over the stock Traxxas one?

Are any of the Savox servos a direct fit without any chassis modification??

RC Competitor
    I just got done putting in the Traxxas 2085X haven't gotten to really play with it yet besides a quick test up the road and boy what a difference it made over stock, in my quick test it was so much more responsive ill see how it is this weekend when i get some time to play. I think Traxxas has an adapter that allows you to use another brand servo but i decided to just get the 2085X kit for the heavy duty servo saver spring, i couldn't find that part sold outside of the kit.

RC Qualifier
    So the 2085X is the best servo to go for in this truck?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Iím happy with mine throwing around the badlands with no issue.

RC Racer
    What do you use for servo horns, Traxxas or hopups?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I'm not sure if its the best , savox has some nice ones that are stronger then the 2085X but not as plug and play as the Traxxas one is. Im also running a MAX6 ESC with the higher voltage set for the servo so that helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    What do you use for servo horns, Traxxas or hopups?
    Im using stock right now but when i have some extra loot i would like to add some hopups for it, i think hot racing has a nice setup for it

RC poster
    I have gone through several 2085X's. Lot better than stock, but not as durable as I think it could be. I get about 3 months out them.
    Good upgrade if you want faster steering response.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Around 485 inlbs or torque for 75-85 bucks. Metal gears and good enough speed. Iíve not had one go out yet. Iím running the strong servo saver spring and plastic rack. Iím sure Iíll go Savox or bluebird if and when it fails

RC poster
    I'm swapping to a Savox 2290SG, which I've waterproofed. And the traxxas 7749 servo adapter. I had purchased the Hot Racing aluminum steering horn not realizing that the stock servo had a larger shaft then the Savox. I've been looking for an adapter bushing without success. If I can't find one I guess I'll just have to use a good clamping servo arm.

RC Qualifier
    Is the Savox a straight fit without chassis modification?

RC poster
    You have to use the traxxis 7749 adapter. Your supposed to remove one ear off of the servo. I couldn't bring myself to mod a 160$ servo so I ground a bit off of the front chassis. I am using a Techno clamping servo horn.

Only problem I'm running into is that my servo is working in reverse. I've got to figure out what's going on with that.

Edit: reversing the servo was no big deal. Simple YouTube search.
    Last edited by ChrisGTA; 04-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.