RC poster

Found one! Now what???

So a buddy is moving out of country and had to ditch a bunch of his stuff, and I grabbed his old rally car. Thats cool and all but I don't know what to do past break and replace the exact part broken. But this community seems to have what I search for. So what should I upgrade? What should i replace? Is there anything about my model i should know? what other models have compatible parts? An entire detailed guide on what's what?

The manual says Rally VXL 74076 Pics to follow

Thanks for the input guys!

PS-First post, if i did this wrong let me know and i'll fix asap... And uh, dumb question, how do i add pics to the thread?
    Last edited by Greggles; 04-19-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Dumb questions

RC poster

Im trying to fix this

.... i found the tutorial

[IMG] https://www.flickr.com/photos/139787.../shares/52Y52d [/IMG]

here is one of the links for one of the photos im trying to post.
    Iits still not working, yes it looks like the tutorial post. im using flikr. if anyone has any pointers, that would be appreciated. i also cant edit/delete my above post.

Thanks for patience.
    Last edited by Greggles; 04-19-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: not working?

RC Racer
    You want to paste the image location itself, and not the website link. Usually ends with a .jpg. On a pc you can right click and go to properties and copy the image location from there.

Congrats on the acquisition! That’s the previous model rally which has a whole lot in common with the slash 4x4 which has great aftermarket support. One of my favorite upgrades thus far has been the sway bar kit, tra6898.

RC poster
    Thank you! Ya, I was looking at the slash platinum. it looks to be the same chassis and general build. now it's just learning the terminology and various ins and outs of rc cars. Mine is in rough shape, most of the bearings need replaced, a lot of the plastic parts are missing meat, the housing for the rear and front diff are missing meat in places, plastic gears are stripped. The list goes on from there. I hope to turn this into a Great and fun off road rally car. something built for wet and mud, since I live in washington.

I have also given up on trying to post pictures, The Technology has beaten me... here is a link to the flikr acc i made for this if anyone wants to check it out, ill post more pics there as i build. later ill try the other two sites the tutorial recommends.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139787825@N02/

thanks!
    Last edited by Greggles; 04-19-2018 at 07:33 PM.

RC Racer
    For that kind of rebuild I’ll lend the advice to go with aluminum/metal for any part that houses a bearing or something mechanical, and go for plastic (rpm) where you want flex, such as a arms.

RC Qualifier
    Why keep it a rally when you can convert it to a slash 4x4...

I understand the rally looks cooler IMO but the slash has better performance.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkletron View Post
    Why keep it a rally when you can convert it to a slash 4x4...

I understand the rally looks cooler IMO but the slash has better performance.
    Honestly, my inexperience with rc cars keeps me from doing that. This is my first car and I'm still learning how to put the thing back together as is. I'm still learning how to adjust and tune what I've got. I'm still learning and getting together all the tools I will need for this, After I've tinkered with it as a rally then I'll look into doing a full conversion. Until then, I'm gonna use it as is. And your right, the rally does look cool.

I agree with just converting to slash 4x4. All you need are front and rear bumpers, body mounts and a body. Its a relatively easy conversion and you can take it to many more places cause theres no low bumper catching on everything.
    its not fun until something breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Greggles View Post
    Honestly, my inexperience with rc cars keeps me from doing that. This is my first car and I'm still learning how to put the thing back together as is. I'm still learning how to adjust and tune what I've got. I'm still learning and getting together all the tools I will need for this, After I've tinkered with it as a rally then I'll look into doing a full conversion. Until then, I'm gonna use it as is. And your right, the rally does look cool.
    I would not mind a Rally. If you wanted to trade parts from one to another I might be down for that
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!