Stampede 4x4 VXL upgrade question?

So I purchased a stampede 4x4 VXL at the end of March it has been my hand-me-down upgrade truck. As I upgrade or remove parts from my other trucks I place them on my stampede. I upgraded from Proline axles to Mips on my slash 4x4. I put the proline axles on my Stampede. Last weekend I upgraded my Slash ultimate lcg 4x4 to full front and rear XO-1 differentials. My question is would the differentials from my Slash ultimate lcg 4x4 differentials be an upgrade for the stampede? Or are they the same.

Thanks guys
    Slash 4x4 /Stampede 4x4/Skully/Rustler VXL

I don't have the answer to your question but you can go to the model showroom and compare. Each one gives you manuals, specs and anything else you might be looking for.
    Choose Life !!!

It just hard to get it work on my cell phone I don't have a computer at the moment. My son tripped over the power cord and it laptop went flying across the room. My phones screens to small to see detail

Not sure if this is your model but same exact parts on these two.

Last edited by lektro; 04-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    The P4de has greas packed diffs. Which are good and strong and I've never had an issue with them breaking or leaking. The best upgrade is to pull them out, clean them, and repack the diffs with a heavy grease. If your looking to replace the diffs with something different... Look for a fluid filled diff.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitter302 View Post
    The P4de has greas packed diffs. Which are good and strong and I've never had an issue with them breaking or leaking. The best upgrade is to pull them out, clean them, and repack the diffs with a heavy grease. If your looking to replace the diffs with something different... Look for a fluid filled diff.
    Are you sure about that Skitter? I took my diffs apart just because and my findings were grease in the housing gears and diff fluid in the diff cup. I actually replaced with the XO1 gears and the revo diff cup and filled back with 50K....Just making sure......

Last edited by lektro; 04-22-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Madtrotter1 View Post
    My question is would the differentials from my Slash ultimate lcg 4x4 differentials be an upgrade for the stampede? Or are they the same.
    No, they are the same.
    Unless Traxxas recently has changed the stock setup, the front diff is filled with 30k silicone oil and the rear diff is filled with grease from the factory.

Page 29 in the manual:
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R01.pdf
    Last edited by Viking; 04-22-2018 at 12:35 PM.

That's odd or I have forgotten, But I could have sworn both my front and rear had diff oil in them. Now I am curios Viking. Thanks for giving me a reason to tear into it again. It's like a kid getting candy!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    That's odd or I have forgotten, But I could have sworn both my front and rear had diff oil in them. Now I am curios Viking. Thanks for giving me a reason to tear into it again. It's like a kid getting candy!
    You are quite a bloodhound, aren't you? Give you a scent of something and off you go...

Actually, I like wrenching more than driving these things, too.

Anyway, I have heard that once in a while on some vehicles both diffs have been oil filled from the factory. I guess things can happen in mass production, unless they changed it without updating the manual.
    Last edited by Viking; 04-23-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Are you sure about that Skitter? I took my diffs apart just because and my findings were grease in the housing gears and diff fluid in the diff cup. I actually replaced with the XO1 gears and the revo diff cup and filled back with 50K....Just making sure......

how do you like the XO-1 diffs in the Stampede i was thinking about going this route over time but no rush as i said this is the hand me down upgrade truck. I did just order a T bone center drive shaft for it to go with the new hotracing motor mount

how do you like the XO-1 diffs in the Stampede i was thinking about going this route over time but no rush as i said this is the hand me down upgrade truck. I did just order a T bone center drive shaft for it to go with the new hotracing motor mount

I think they're great! It's almost like having a solid piece of metal in the diff. Bullet proof I'm sure, but I have to be honest. My p4de has not even seen any daylight yet. I have slowly been loading it up with upgrades. Viking hit the nail right on the head when he said he liked working on them more than driving.

My rusty was keeping me busy till I got finished with the p4de. Now that i cracked my rusty body in half and just received my new black chassis. I get to turn the wrench even more......Anyone that complains about having to work on these is plain nuts. I love it!
    Choose Life !!!

I think they're great! It's almost like having a solid piece of metal in the diff. Bullet proof I'm sure, but I have to be honest. My p4de has not even seen any daylight yet. I have slowly been loading it up with upgrades. Viking hit the nail right on the head when he said he liked working on them more than driving.

My rusty was keeping me busy till I got finished with the p4de. Now that i cracked my rusty body in half and just received my new black chassis. I get to turn the wrench even more......Anyone that complains about having to work on these is plain nuts. I love it!

SAME BOAT BROTHER.

I think i have only driven my stampede 4x4 maybe a handful of times. My slash 4x4 is my main truck and I have been doing little part by part to the Stampede 4x4 and she is finished i will open her up. I cant deiced if i want to go 1/8 scale motor on my slash or my Stampede 4x4 that the real issue here lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The XO-1 Diffs are great. They hold up nice. As Iím getting better at backflips, they just take it. The bodies, not so much. I have more issues with my spur gear though. Iím gonna have to go steel. Itíll skip teeth and the mesh is perfect. Maybe a bit too much power.